[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:08:56 07/31/13 Wed
Author: GoodWillTalking
Subject: Raven Update 7/30/13

Hey Guys, We made the difficult decision to start looking for a new hospital as it's been a month now with no word from my beloved Oncologist. I pray that he is alive and not hurt somewhere. We don't know what's happened, but we have been hanging on with the faith of a child for nearly 5 months now, and the facility we go to has changed drastically in his absence. This is not what we needed while I am in the middle of chemo and battling this disease. It's like our world has been turned upside down on us. My insurance does not cover some of the better ones we would like to go to, but there is an option that John brought to my attention today. It would mean a much longer drive so John would have to take off an entire day instead of half days and late afternoon appointments. We know that we have to figure something out here and soon. I will be talking to my insurance company this week, and making a few calls to see if it's worth the drive. Both of us are depleted. I look at the bags under John's beautiful blue eyes and feel terrible, but as he says every day, we are in this together. I will always hope for that phone call, but not expecting it any longer. I will keep you posted on how we make out. If we were rich people, we could go anywhere, but that's not our reality (and please don't start offering to set up a fund for me again as you have suggested in the past, because as much as I think it's incredibly sweet of you, I HAVE NEVER ACCEPTED A DIME FROM ANY OF YOU, AND I NEVER WILL-VERY FIRM ON THIS). The Lord has my back. We are giving this to God and hoping he will lead the way. I'll keep you posted my dear friends. I love you! Sweet Dreams............

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]


[> Re: Raven Update 7/30/13 -- Hannah (Healing Light, Hope,and Love), 03:07:09 08/01/13 Thu [1]

(((Dearest Ravenbeauty)))

I understand fully your concerns - my concern is will you still be entitled to the Gleevec if you change hospitals?
(you probably already checked, though?)

Really love you!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Update 7/30/13 -- Kate, 08:02:57 08/02/13 Fri [1]

Did it ever occur to you that one way God will bestow his blessings on you is through others? That letting those of us who share your pain, admire your courage, walk this journey with you can be the vehicle to deliver His grace by contributing money to a fund? After all, does not all money flow from God? Is it any less of a blessing when it's given to you in love?

You've proven your strength. Maybe it's time to experience this path of God's love for you and let others help to carry your burden even if it's only through our pocketbooks.

We want to help...let us.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Raven Update 7/30/13 -- Hannah (Healing Light, Hope, and Love), 16:15:04 08/02/13 Fri [1]

Dearest Ravenbeauty,

I so agree with what Kate just wrote!
Any donations would be *totally out of love for you* :)
I wish I could do more to help you, too!

Love you!!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Update 7/30/13 -- Anonymous, 15:45:38 08/03/13 Sat [1]

Dear Raven,
I am assuming that you sent everything by mail to your oncologist. Go to the Post Office and fill out a certified mail form and make sure you get a return receipt with a signature that it was received by your oncologist personally. Enclose a letter to him asking him if he had ever received the material you sent him. Use same address where you sent the CD and copy of pet scan. This way you will be able to tell if it did get to the right place when you get the returned receipt back or if it was forwarded to another address. Maybe he did not get what you sent and this is why you have not heard from him. Right now its the only logical thing I can think of to help you. Sending you my love!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.