VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:16:29 10/30/13 Wed
Author: GoodWillTalking
Subject: Raven Message 10/29/13

To my dear friends out here,

If you ever find a strange purple or red lesion on the skin of your breast, or a rash that doesn't go away, please see a Breast Surgeon or Dermatologist, and have them take a punch biopsy of the area. My mammogram and Ultrasound were crystal clear before they did a punch biopsy, and found that I had this rare cancer. The people at the imaging center told me not to worry as I merely had a little Dermatitis (had I listened, I would not be here to update you on anything right now).

Angiosarcoma will not be found on an Ultrasound or Mammogram (they will tell you that everything is all clear and send you on your way). You MUST get a tiny punch biopsy to know for sure (especially if you have ever had Radiation or Lymphadema). Please always look at the skin on your breasts for anything new or out of place. Do not let them placate you, and tell you it's nothing (it may indeed be nothing or it may be hell on earth). There are women who have gone to stage 4 in 3-4 weeks because they thought they had a simple rash or mosquito bite on their breasts, and it turned out to be the other extremely rare and deadly form of breast cancer known as Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Neither grows in lumps, but may be found in barely detectable sheets within the breast tissue. We have a saying in the sisterhood "Lumps belong in a jar and not in your breasts" and that's with good reason. One woman had a needle biopsy, and it was clear. It was only because of this saying that it ate at her and she had the entire lump removed (the underside was filled with cancer). Better safe than sorry always. We are so easily dismissed, and it's the lack of care that kills more of us than the cancer itself. I am blessed to have such a keen Oncologist who genuinely cares (and had a feeling about this thing that suddenly appeared on my left breast almost two years ago today)

They rarely tell you about these two forms of cancer, which are usually hopeless and rarely caught in time. Breast exams should always include looking at the skin of your breast. When in doubt, please let a Breast Surgeon or Dermatologist remove a small piece to be sure (takes a few moments in the offices of either). More of you need to be aware of this.

I have Angiosarcoma as a direct result of the radiation I underwent during my first bout with Breast Cancer back in 2001 (when I finished treatment). I wish they had told me that radiation could give me a frightening, secondary cancer like this. Had I known, I would have had both breasts removed at that time, and not poisoned my body with anything. I was vain and did not want to lose my breasts. Please don't make the same mistake as me. Radiation is just as lethal as chemo, but you must make up your own mind about your own body. Must be a choice you are comfortable with. I thought I was dodging a bullet by doing the radiation and refusing the chemo, and now I am left with this rare, aggressive, form of cancer. Look at all your options, and most of all, look at your breasts for any visual changes please.......

http://cureasc.org/about-angiosarcoma/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Raven Message 10/29/13 -- Anna P., 15:56:42 10/30/13 Wed [1]

Dear Raven,

Thank you for such an important message. You are saving lives from your experience and information that you give to us all. You are doing great and I am SO glad you are back to your old oncologist and the nurse who loves you! Love it when you post that you both talk about makeup and stuff. LOL

You are always in my thoughts and prayers! HUGS!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! :)

Anna P. (NY)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Message 10/29/13 -- Mistyme, 00:47:43 10/31/13 Thu [1]

Raven, I want to thank you too for the very important message. You and John are in my prayers. Senging you Lots of Love & Hugs!!!

Thank you Good Will Talking for posting Raven's messages for all of us who do not have Facebook.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Message 10/29/13 -- dr.ivankipling, 06:40:16 10/31/13 Thu [1]

Thank you so much for the message Raven. Though it's been a while since I've been on your site you're always always on my mind angel!
XO All my hopes!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Message 10/29/13 -- wherly, 15:02:03 10/31/13 Thu [1]

As the others have said THANK YOU. Praying for both you and John.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Raven Message 10/29/13 -- JanLovesAMC, 08:35:40 11/02/13 Sat [1]

Hi Raven!
I haven't been around lately, but I wanted to stop by and let you know I continue to keep you & John in my prays.

...Keep the faith Raven, you are such a blessing to us!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.