VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:44:53 03/02/09 Mon
Author: Kyla
Subject: I agree
In reply to: Mystic Oak Ranch 's message, "Health Issues?" on 10:14:30 02/28/09 Sat

"FHANA/FPS could use some new blood, and maybe changing the requirements, allowing some horses in as approved for breeding based on performance (if they can go FEI, who cares if they are too short or have a little white on them, or are a bit heavier than the inspectors prefer?). I would love to see the B book revamped to allow some bloodlines to blow out some of the inbreeding, and perhaps even consider infusing a little outside blood (carefully, of course). Would be interesting to see some inspectors who know something about RIDING horses added to the inspection process, or accept scores from recognized shows in lieu of inspection scores. "

I couldn't agree more!!!!
I was just reading an article about how Adel had come so close to qualifying for the World Cup and I thought to myself how flipping ridiculous it is that he was removed from the Friesian breeding population because of COLOR. Who cares if he is extremely talented for the sport riht? Good lord. Are we breeding horses for usefullness or are we breeding Gypsy Vanners??

Same goes for Rintse 386. They remove his breeding approval because basically, he is not a foal maker, he doesn't stamp his offspring. Yet he is the last and only approved Wicher son. He has probably the best gaits out there of any FPS Friesian stallion when it comes to dressage. So what if he doesn't stamp? I breed Hanoverians predominately and let me assure you, if they started pulling breeding liscences on non stamp stallions our breed would NEVER be at the top of the WFSHB. I can't even imagine the uproar this would create! I guess the FPS views it's breeders as complete morons who are totally unable to evaluate the offspring of stallions to decide for themselves wether or not they warrant use.

The FPS needs to decide what they are breeding for and get some judges who can uphold such goals. If it continues to be a trotting competition for the blackest, hairiest horse then I think we will look elsewhere for registration ect. What a joke.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.