VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:45:00 03/12/10 Fri
Author: Cat
Subject: Face rubbing on front legs
In reply to: Denise 's message, "Face rubbing on front legs" on 09:07:32 03/02/10 Tue

Yes, my gelding does this alot as well. Does he usually only do this with the bridle on too? I think my horse does not like the feel of the bridle around his face but I know he also has itchiness on his legs. The two reasons could be either he has something more hard to rub the itchiness on his legs with when wearing the bridle (but this does not happen with the halter when we walk) or he wants to get out of the constricting feeling of the bridle which he associates with work (you'd be surprised how smart they really are). I usually keep the noseband quite loose and use Equidox liquid in his legs/feathers/mane to ease the itchiness. If he is really itchy, he will use his teeth but I have not seen this in awhile so the liquid must be working.

My trainer used to let him rub 1 or 2 times during a work out then she would be firm with him; he got the message and he stopped the rubbing after a while.

Does anyone out there have this issue or has anyone
>out there seen this issue and can offer some advice?
>No matter what type of bit I put in my horses mouth
>after it is in there for just a little while he wants
>to rub his mouth on his front legs almost as if he is
>itchy around the sides of his face or mouth. The bits
>fit him well. I can't imagine what the problem is.
>Any insight on this?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.