VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:45:56 09/17/10 Fri
Author: Amerins
Subject: Tweespan
In reply to: Missy 's message, "Email sent" on 05:55:35 06/16/10 Wed

I am from Holland, and actually lived pretty close to Tweespan. I know Elzelien and Sybren personally. I also trained Friesians professionally (still do, actually, but am in the US now).

I have used the rings before, and they do not hurt the horse when adjusted right. The are supposed to hit the hoof as the foot lands, which with some horses results in more exaggerated movement. In others, it doesn't make a difference. The weights are used only as a strengthening tool, and they really don't weigh that much. Nothing like the weighed shoes and stuff that are used in the saddlebred world!

Also, in Holland the "Friesian Saddleseat" does not exist. Not like here. Friesians are used for dressage, recreation and "tuigen" (trotting in front of a carriage). There would be no reason at all for any Dutch trainer to be after that unnatural movement!
Even the carriage horses, where more animation is desired,are trained under saddle, in dressage, to achieve that. By teaching them to collect and "sit" more behind, they learn to free up their shoulders.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.