VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:09:05 09/21/10 Tue
Author: Missy
Subject: Natural lift/Tweespan
In reply to: Amerins 's message, "Tweespan" on 23:45:56 09/17/10 Fri

Amerins,

So you must be terribly discouraged with the training techniques you see here in the US. I know I am. My Friesian does not have the big high knee action. He is more of a hunter or dressage type. He does have some knee action, but nothing like the other Friesians that are ridden Saddleseat.

I was even more discouraged because as I mentioned in my previous posts here, I asked another woman who used to ride Friesians Saddleseat about how they "enhance" their horse's lift and she said that they really don't. She said that it was "all about the natural talent of the horse." I was was thinking to myself, you're full of it. How can that many Friesians have that much "natural lift." I think I've just been lied to because no one wants to admit that they enhance their Friesians' lift. So I've resolved myself to just taking it with a grain of salt. I know what they do to their horses. I don't mind using the chains/rings and stuff like that that doesn't restrict the horse's movement. That's fine. But I won't use shackles or over-the-shoulder shackles and things like that. Too restricting and I don't want my horse's legs & joints to be junk by the time he's 10. Thank god they don't allow weighted shoes! :)

-Missy

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.