VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:07:52 11/23/11 Wed
Author: Ileana
Subject: My Experience
In reply to: Doeke 's message, "new here....a few questions" on 04:11:23 11/23/11 Wed

I will share my experience with my stallion which is now 4 years old in hopes that it may answer your questions.

My trainers started to break my Friesian to ride at 2.5 years old but more importantly they tailored his training to his mental and physical ability. Just this last spring, he was broke to drive which was a non-event for him.

I opted to take him to the keuring at 4 years of age because he was large and needed time to mature to show at his best. That was a good move on my part ... he is now a STAR stallion. He physically and mentally changed a lot from 3 to 4 years old and got very very athletic. He is now starting to really come into his own.

I am not a trainer but I keep hearing that the best way to build a horse from the rear is by driving them. Some trainers like use a stone boat and work their horses up and down hills. All I can say is that we didn't do any of that for my stallion. The trainers focused on teaching him to collect and be forward but he naturally used his rear.

I donít know about the bridle with the bling for use in a keuring. I would think that its fine but maybe you should ask your local Friesian association. At my horseís keuring, I used a traditional white bridle but I saw others use plain black bridles. Keep in mind the shape and size of your horseís head and then select a head-flattering bridle. If his head is plain/coarse donít attract too much attention by using white/bling. If his head is noble/refine then use a thin white leather bridle.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.