VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:38:18 11/15/06 Wed
Author: Fred Baker
Subject: Re: Step away from the dessert plate
In reply to: silas 's message, "Step away from the dessert plate" on 10:56:01 11/12/06 Sun

All,

This is a good thread and the answers, while varied, have been solid.

I myself knocked off about 75lbs nearly four years ago. I used Weight Watchers for a time, mainly to get my eating habits a bit more regimented, and stepped up my excercise quite a bit. I swim at lunch here at the college and run 3.5 miles when I can't swim. I try to average 3-5 workouts a week, so nothing too radical. After all, I still like seeing my family, watching football, and sewing on the side. But in truth, it's about changing your lifestyle, not a diet. Our society is getting fat and nasty. Not everyone, but a lot. If you're toting a lot of junk in the trunk for BGR, I suspect you'll not enjoy it. We're not doing any Jackson's foot cavalry marches but if a fellow is out of shape, he'll know it right off. There's yet time- watch what you eat and get out and active.

My two cents on the matter...

Fred

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.