[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:12:05 03/27/08 Thu
Author: muhammad ali
Subject: ISAP (Immigrant Settlement and Adaptation Program)(OD023)

ISAP helps newcomers gain access to community services to meet their immediate needs.

Under ISAP, immigrant-serving organizations can:

* refer you to economic, social, health, cultural, educational and recreational services;
* give you s on banking, shopping, managing a household and other everyday tasks;
* provide interpreters or translators, if you need them;
* provide non-therapeutic counselling; and
* help you prepare a professional-looking résumé and learn job-searching skills.

The Immigrant Settlement and Adaptation Program (ISAP), a federal government program, pays for these services.

A list of immigrant-serving organizations across Canada can be found on the Internet
at www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomer/welcome/wel-20e.html.


Your local immigrant-serving organization can direct you to a LINC Assessment Centre, which will then refer you to organizations offering LINC classes. You can also refer to the book Welcome to Canada: What You Should Know to find a LINC Assessment Centre in your area.

Manitoba, British Columbia and Quebec have programs similar to LINC, the Host program and ISAP, but they may have slightly different names.

Your local immigrant-serving organization can direct you to a Host program organization in your community.

visit: http://settlement_in_canada.sitesled.com/isap.htm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.