VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

Discussion of Nutro / Natural Choice Dog Food Products

Welcome to the Nutro and Natural Choice dog food discussion board. Please only post topics that pertain to Nutro or Natural Choice Dog Food Products. This board is mainly for the recent recall of the pet food and how it pertains to the safety of our pets. Nutro and Natural Choice Wet dog food was recalled. This message board is particularly interested in hearing from those that believe their animal has fallen sick due to the consumption of the DRY dog food that has not been recalled.

This board is not affiliated with the Nutro or Natural Choice Company in any way. This is a discussion board for informational purposes only. Messages posted on this board do not reflect the opinions of Voy or necessarily the board owner. Messages posted here may or may not be proven facts and could be opinions, observations, or fictional stories posted by and/or about unknown or non-existent individuals.

Please try to only post TRUE stories and facts. Share your stories, vent, but please do your best to stick to the facts.
Do not use foul language.

We hope the information on this board will be informative for other pet owners. We do not get paid for this board. We have no budget and receive no compensation.

Important Links

Menu Foods Recall List

FDA Pet Food Recall Topics

Nutro Products Website

Report Pet Food Complaint to FDA

Place A Pet Food Complaint To Federal Trade Commission

Hub Pages Discussion 1

Hub Pages Discussion 2

Pet Food Tracker Blog

Consumer Affairs Nutro Complaint - Submit A Pet Food Complaint

If your dog has consumed Nutro or Natural Choice DRY dog food and has became ill, please post your story to the message board. Please include your name, dog breed and age, the type of dog food that was consumed, the dog's symptoms, and how long the symptoms have been shown.

Sick dog -- David, 05:16:51 03/03/20 Tue [9]

We adopted a 3 year old Boston terrier in Sept. of 2011. Soon after we got him we started feeding Natural Choice dry dog food. In the past six weeks he started throwing up. I Googled Natural Choice and recall and found this message board. After reading here I realized he had some other symptoms that other pets were having. Bed wetting, shaking, excessive gas, drinking more water than normal. Needless to say we are changing to a different brand of food and the remaining Natural Choice is going in the trash. I heard that Nutro had changed their formula this year. Our dogs symptoms seemed to have worsened staring around October of 2012.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

[> Re: Sick dog -- Donna, 13:05:08 10/18/13 Fri [1]

I took my 2 dachshunds to the vet and she recommended I look up comments made on Nutra dry dog food. My husband brought home a bag 2 weeks ago and since then both dogs have been vomited yellow frothy stuff once or twice a day. The vet and I are under the assumption it may be an allergic reaction to this food since it was their only change. Since reading these posts I am not going to put them back on this food. I am concerned but I wonder what ingredient it could be that makes dogs sick.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Sick dog -- Board Owner, 13:44:08 04/18/14 Fri [1]

With so many 'junk' parts being used in the food now, there is no telling which one is making them throw up bile. We hope your pet thrives on a new food.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Sick dog -- Sharon L Kleczka, 17:25:30 11/06/13 Wed [1]

My dog had been eating Natural Choice Large Breed than Senior Large Breed Chicken Formula. My dog loved it, and the vet always commented on what great shape he was in. I always bought the large bag which I kept in large sealed plastic containers as it lasted him approximately six months. He went in for a complete vet exam on Oct. 23, 2013, just turning 8 years old, his vet was impressed and commented once again on his excellent health. I bought a new bag of food on Oct. 27, 2013. Within two days he was throwing up everything he ate, every time he ate. I found these complaints, back to Petco it went, they are great that way, and I choice a different brand, of course he's not happy, but the vomiting ended when I took the food away.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Sick dog -- Dianne, 09:31:21 11/11/13 Mon [1]

Similar story. New packaging and new formula and dogs were throwing up bile. Threw it all away thanks to reading these comments. Starting TOTW later this week after a rice and chicken diet for a few days to settle their poor tummies. And to think I let this go for 5-6 months!!! So much for Nutro and their sensitive stomach chicken rice oatmeal blend.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Sick dog -- Cheryl, 20:57:39 02/25/14 Tue [1]

Our morkie got very sick,vomiting several times per day until we realized it was the natural choice dod food. We had switched from Iams. Went back on Iams, no problems. I googled and found others have had same problem.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Sick dog -- Mary, 07:57:38 03/12/14 Wed [1]

In mid-Feb 2014 we were feeding our 4-1/2 mo old Boston Terrier Nutro Ultra puppy food and she loved it. We had been buying the 4.5 lb bags but decided to get a big (15 lb) bag since it was going so well. That night I fed her from that bag. 4 hrs later she vomited bile and started having gassy, stinky, watery diarrhea which has been going on every day since with no relief. I emailed Nutro to ask if they had changed the recipe or if larger bags were produced on a different production line from the small bags. Of course---NO response. She had all her shots and wormings as supposed to. The vet put her on Metrodizanole which has not helped. All she has to eat now is rice & chicken/or ground beef. ONE small meal from a new bag of food---and our lives changed--literally overnight.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Sick dog -- Allir, 06:28:56 03/30/14 Sun [1]

I have two big dogs. I was feeding them something very expensive and was told to try Nutro..cheaper and still had the benefits Almost immediately they each started throwing up on average of three times. Our vet thought it was out town water. Even got them checked for diabetes because they drank water in huge amounts. It was crazy. They were throwing up bile all in excess. After about five months or more I went to a different store and I don't think they had the nutro. Bought a 4health food. They have never once got sick since the first day I gave them this food. So now two months later I can definitely say that the Nutro was what was really making them sick and after googling it I can see it's not just my dogs.

[ Edit | View ]

We lost our dog due to Nutro. -- Llisa Maxwell, 17:57:40 10/26/16 Wed [1]

We lost our Tonka dog two weeks ago. He was a healthy active beautiful 9 yr old lab/Newfoundland. We began feeding him Nutro a few months ago. I have no doubt this food killed my dog. I thought we were alone until I found this site. I don't know what others experienced but ours dogs lost hair, vomiting, diharea, and trouble breathing. Lost control of their urine and lost strength. Completely refused to eat. Our other dog Emmitt is a Cocker he was very ill. I am nursing him now every day. Changed his food. He still is shaking and is almost bald but I think he is showing improvement.
Can anyone help me? This is the first I have heard of this food hurting other dogs as well.

[ Edit | View ]

Archives: 12 ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Thank you for visiting this forum.

download web counters

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.