VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:11:10 05/26/03 Mon
Author: Keith Patterson
Subject: Re: Gary at First Avenue - after the fact
In reply to: Steve Kaul 's message, "Re: Gary at First Avenue - after the fact" on 03:48:18 05/21/03 Wed

Thanks a million to Gary! He really was the highlight for all of us Spectors that night. When he opened his mouth and wailed, the evening went from simply being a blast to being a religious experience for everyone in the barn. (Over 800 folks too!) I was getting tears in my eyes - and as I told the boys after the show- I always cry at the sound of pure Evil! (Good evil not bad...) Miraculously we acquitted ourselves well on "I Hate You" too, much to our relief, as our rehearsals had been very brief. Gary surely gave everyone a lesson in staying power and conviction; 'nuff said.
KTCA public television was there to film it, but we found out later they STUPIDLY shut their cameras off just before Gary came on. Maybe just as well, because they aired it last night and the sound picked up by the cameras was dreadful to say the least. Really took the shine off the precious memories; but anyone who was there could attest to the electricity of the moment. The interview segments though, boy, they oughta lend fuel to the fire of any anti-PBS/NPR
conservative firebrands. Should've been labeled "unsuitable for ALL audiences", we accidently outdid ourselves, ha ha. Hopefully they won't show it again, lest my mother tune in....
Thanks again to all the Monks for their help and generosity throughout the last dozen or so years we've had the pleasure of knowing them. A more credible group of true gentlemen cannot be found!
Blasting off,
Keith Patterson
Spectors Bassist
PS: Note to Eddie and Dave, we'll get your CDs off to you in short order. Thanks for being there from the start!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.