VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

WELCOME TO THE MISS SA FORUM- A VIP Lounge with 28ACTIVE MEMBERS

Welcome to the new "closed" Miss South Africa Forum. We encourage debate, discussion and contribution in any form to topics regarding the Miss SA Pageant.
LATEST NEWS: (20/09)

The Miss SA Forum is now closed for VIP members only. I'll be revamping the site soon...

VIDEO FOOTAGE:

More videos of Tansey will be added soon
MISS WORLD SPECIAL

COMING SOON!

WATCH NBC NOW CLICK HERE

Subject: Should lurkers be given passwords?

Author:
The Administrators
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:54 09/18/08 Thu

Ok, the requests are coming in from everywhere. I just want the advice of my beloved members, V, AS, Warren, Fadiel (and others who still have to apply)

I'm getting requests from people I don't even know. Must we allow them in? I think this must come with "Terms and Conditions"- LOL.

What do you think? Need your advice ASAP.
Replies:
Subject: Top 20 semi-finalists this year

Author:
Yaseen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:59:08 09/18/08 Thu

Girls haven't been put through as yet. So crap. They've been told that they'll get a call in two weeks time.

Meanwhile, we've obtained some deleesh information. But we'll only reveal everything once the forum is closed. A finalist from 2006 is back, and three semi-finalists from last year are also waiting for a callback.

Around 40 girls are put through at this point...
Replies:
Subject: Cindy is on the next season of Strictly Come dancing !!

Author:
Warren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:40:12 09/18/08 Thu

Let's hope she does better than Claudia !!

www.tvsa.co.za
Replies:
Subject: Is there any prizes this year ?

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:15:18 09/16/08 Tue

LOL ........... last years prize package was truly dismal in comparision to previous years. Sponsors don't want to be linked with the pageant anymore so would not be surprised if the only prize is to represent SA at Miss Universe and World ......
Replies:
Subject: Cape Town regionals

Author:
brb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:04:09 09/18/08 Thu

Anybody have any news?
Replies:
Subject: America's Next Top Model

Author:
Warren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:29:41 09/18/08 Thu

Its' back without Janice this time !! But be warned as with previous seasons if will be interrupted by soccer.

http://www.etv.co.za/extended/index/america_s_next_top_model
Subject: Fashion Rocks - WOW

Author:
Warren
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:58 09/18/08 Thu

Fashion Rocks was on FTV last night. It's the same concept as the Positive event (Think Sun Int took the idea from that event) Just have a look at the production this is the type of production Miss SA finals should be like.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Teen Pretoria Show

Author:
brb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:58 09/17/08 Wed

From left to right:
Molodie Heyns (First Princess), Monique Horn, Miss Fifth Avenue Teen Pretoria Show) and Cecile Brits (Second Princess). Monique is 17 years old and a learner at Overkruin Hoerskool.
A little birdie told me Cecile entered, i am actually thinking her interview went very well on Saterday. I am 90% sure she is one of the 14 chosen
Admin - perhaps you should make the forum closed sooner, if you do i'll post a few pics of the girls i know entered. Why should anyone gain from our comments and thoughts?
Replies:
Subject: 60 seconds with Zizo Beda

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:47 09/16/08 Tue

So, youíre officially TVís party girl.
I donít think I like that title. Iím really simple. If thereís a cool party I might be there with my mates, but I wouldnít say Iím the ďofficial TV party girlĒ.

Why Selimathunzi?
The show has been around for a while and has helped establish some really influential people. Zam Nkosi stands out in particular for me.

Isnít this show just about parties and the celebs?
Not for me it isnít. The greatest supporters of the show are regular South Africans, so for me getting to meet them and have them share their stories is incredible.

The best ingredients for a good party areÖ
Great music, chilled people and a cool location. Having a combination of these will result in a phenomenal bash.

You won Miss Teen SA. Any ambitions to enter and win Miss SA? No ways. I think I did enough with the platform I was given in my year not to have to revert to being a beauty queen again.

Behind that electrifying smile and cute face liesÖ
An accomplished debater. I love to engage in controversial topics. I love people and that is something I get from my father. He knows a million people on one stretch of road ó he is amazing!

Whatís the biggest misconception about you?
People think I am intimidating and unapproachable. I am really friendly Ö most of the time.

Whatís your favourite hang-out in Jozi?
There is a Nescafť not too far from my house in Sandton. I love their pasta and pizza. Yum, I love food, period.

The most promising TV star to look out for?
Bonang Matheba (co-presenter on Live, SABC1). She is making huge waves and I think she is cool.

What are your plans for the future?
I want to finish my journalism degree and start writing. I am starting my own business that will help me save for my first car. And I am going to be working on an education trust fund for two kids in my home town whose parents died in car accidents. I hope to continue making people smile, because itís what makes the world a better place Ö and it doesnít cost a single thing.

Selimathunzi is on SABC1, Saturdays at 18:00
Replies:
Subject: 3 Talk humiliation

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:40 09/16/08 Tue

Whenever they will be having the finalists on 3 talk, i'm going to call in and talk about the rigging and I'm going to ask why two blacks or two whites never win for two years in a row since Cindy Nel. I'm going to make Sun International the embarrassment of the nation. They only rich because of wealthy foreigners, and because gambling wasn't allowed in South Africa before. Imagine loving an organization who has become rich from pathetic gamblers haha. Oooh I can't wait. I'm going to buy another sim card and throw it away so they won't even trace me. I'm going to humiliate them so bad. Just you wait and see. If you want to be saved from humiliation, the only way is to not go on 3talk. Imagine what Nolean will say.
Replies:
Subject: MISS. SOUTH AFRICA 2008

Author:
Shic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:50:50 09/16/08 Tue

WHO'S GOING TO BE THE NEXT MISS. SA 2008???????

HOW MANY FINALISTS ARE THE GOING TO CHOOSE??????
Replies:
Subject: Geuteng workshop 26 July

Author:
WT
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:25:19 09/09/08 Tue

Jnr Teen Queen of the Universe attended the Miss SA Workshop as a VIP Guest recently and bumped into some of Pageants SA Title Holders Claudia Degenaar Cecile Britz and Veronique Potts at the function

I think from L-R Cecile, Veronique, Clauda & JNR TEEN QUEEN of the UNIVERSE
Replies:
Subject: Sandhya Naidoo will be Miss South Africa 2008

Author:
Insider
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:48 09/15/08 Mon

This is so rigged it's laughable. The winner of Miss South Africa 2008 will be Sandhya Naidoo. Guaranteed.
Replies:
Subject: FORUM CLOSURE

Author:
Yaseen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:52 09/13/08 Sat

I have ethics and can't be part of an establishment that doesn't.

I created the forum for various reasons. To create a unique circle of friends, to give insight into what has been happening and have stunning Miss Universe and Miss World coverage.

Unofrtunately, the forum will seize to exist, and the decent thing to do would be to let people know in advance without just closing it down, leaving people in the dark.

To Warren, Louis, Vanessa, MJH, Sifiso,
Marcy, Michael and the innumerable others, thank you for making this forum the forum it used to be.

TO the countless people who have posted whom I don't know like Kev, Deena. Sipiwe etc etc... I am eternally grateful to you.

But now it is time to move on. The run was good and I've met good people along the way.

For legal reasons, I cannot state the reasons for my decision on a public forum, but if you'd like to know, feel free to e-mail me.

Thank you to everyone once again. And I apologise if I'm being selfish for closing the forum down...

All my love,
Yaseen
Replies:
Subject: Mr SA 2009

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:18:50 09/16/08 Tue

BODman Ė the # 1 menís body spray in the USA is set to take the South African market by storm. BODman SA has just signed on with the organisers of the official Mr South Africa competition to sponsor the Mr BODman category in the upcoming competition for 2009.

www.mrsa.co.za
Subject: Petition

Author:
PageantFanCapeTown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:14 09/15/08 Mon

Hi to all beauty family members. I will unveil myself to all who wants to join me in petitioning against SI to maintain the Licence for Miss SA, Universe and World

My name is Sarel Henn go to my Facebook profile and you will frind the group that I started to STOP the Fat Ugly Cats from SI to ruin (once upon a time) the most prestegious event on the social calander in SA and around the world.

I became a fan of Miss SA /RSA at the age of 12 and I can tell that since SI took over it went SOWN Hill all the way. So SI bring your attorneys and sue us. On this forum is well respected individuals and attorneys.
WHAT happened to FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION?????

Yasseen we all stand beside and behind you and we will support you
Subject: Closed Forum

Author:
The Administrators
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:35:02 09/15/08 Mon

After deliberating, we have decided that this will become a VIP Forum and only regulars will be given passwords. You will be supplied with a unique password from 1 October, and this password CANNOT be given to anyone!

All this information will now also become private. And only a handful of people will be allowed access.

With your unique password you will get lots of information. Then we can also exclusively enjoy pictures from the regulars during peak season. Sorry to all those who enjoyed the privilege of the forum without posting. You're outta here too!
Replies:
Subject: Info i have found out

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:10 09/15/08 Mon

There are 40 semi finalists in the teen category that will be interviewed. Quite a few girls have on there facebook status that they have made semi finalist. And I will look for the article that gives more details (I saw it on some DJís page)
So - what has SI done? Taken 1500 entries - looked at the photos (and lets face it - if you have the money you can get a bloody good photographer and make small changes)
I presume they will throw in one or 2 who obviously come from underprivileged areas so it makes the process look more authentic
So from these 40 semi finalist teens 12 will be chosen. Based on interviews, so we can expect a lot of puppet poppies out there.
Not too sure how many Miss SA entries will be called back but I have heard there are quite a few, I estimate half of the entrants
Subject: NEW Forum - www.voy.com/217890/

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:35 09/15/08 Mon

New forum created

........... www.voy.com/217890/
Replies:
Subject: Let the forum destroy Sun International!

Author:
Ali Baba
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:54 09/15/08 Mon

With the power of the Internet, anything is possible. There's already a group on facebook asking to pull Sun International as the international franchise holders.

Now, I'm going to e-mail all the designers, the editors of Sunday Times and You magazine and all the relevant people telling them what UTTER TRASH is Sun International.

I don't think there's one person out here whose happy by this decisions that Sun International is making. They so gonna wish they hadnt messed with the wrong people.
Replies:
Subject: New Forum !! www.voy.com/217890/

Author:
---
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:55:09 09/15/08 Mon

NEW Forum - www.voy.com/217890/

Orosman has opened up a new forum !! Sun Int can try and sue the Orosman if they like !!
Subject: What Miss SA finalists should know before entering

Author:
Pina Colada
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:27 09/13/08 Sat

Having read all the dirt, I felt that I need to post the following information regarding what I know about the pageant. Girls should not be naive. Read below, from my experiences...

1) The top five is pre-determined and the judges on the final night are "puppets" and their votes do not count.
2) All preliminary scores account for 70% but they distribute points very concisely so that PWC cannot make an accident. PWC is 100% accurate though.
3) They have a "set criteria" each year. Before the pageant begins, they know what they are looking for and the rest of the girls are basically "filler spots"
4) Claudia and Tansey were ASKED to enter the pageant and promised a win by Sun International.

Girls, you should honestly ask yourselves if it is worth entering a rigged pageant. I felt numb when I heard about some of these stories, but it is only my advice. Unless you're the girl they're "looking" for, you STAND NO CHANCE!
Replies:
  • scarey -- !, 05:38:08 09/15/08 Mon
Subject: Petition to stop Sun International from Holding on to Licenses and to keep the Forum open

Author:
PageantFanCapeTown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:15:05 09/14/08 Sun

>Yasseen you did a great job - congratu;ations.
>
>I really think it is time that we all stand together
>and get ASunty Doren back in charge. Get Rapport /
>Sunday Times and Mnet together let they run it as
>before, get the licenses away from Sun International.
>We do not need a hotel glomorate to be the title
>holder. After some investigation we are the only
>country in the world where an International Hotel
>Group holds the licence.
>
>Why can't ex Misses SA's not be more involved, look at
>Mexico and Venusuela and more of the power houses,
>since Ex Misses took over the licences these countries
>are performing.
>
>Yaseen get in touch, you can find me on Facebook -
>Sarel Henn
Replies:
Subject: Miss World 1992

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:44:24 09/10/08 Wed

Have a look back at the 1st time the Miss World pageant took place at Sun City !!! 1992 ........... 16 years ago

Replies:
Subject: Guess who?

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:34:27 09/09/08 Tue

Sonia Raciti is sitting here with another girl who entered Miss South Africa before. She was one of the princesses. Can you name her?

Replies:
Subject: "Girl's- put your clothes back on"- Sonia Raciti

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:50:04 09/11/08 Thu

Sonia says on her facebook update that as she was going through the Miss SA entry forms, she couldn't help but laugh at how the girls send in their entries with no clothes. She goes on to say, "PuT yOuR CloTHeS baCk ON!!!"
Replies:
Subject: This weekend?

Author:
niki
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:38:28 09/08/08 Mon

r the regionals still on for JHB/PTA this weekend??
Replies:
Subject: The new Miss Venezuela Universe

Author:
WOW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:29:23 09/12/08 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Matapa looking gud!

Author:
niki
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:32 09/12/08 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss Venezuela World

Author:
WOW x 2
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:48:22 09/12/08 Fri

Subject: Ticket prices

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:20:02 09/10/08 Wed

What do you guys think the price of tickets will be for the Miss World finals ? What is the normal price for Miss SA finals ?
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.