|Subject: Estimated cost of nationals|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 10:09:00 03/15/14 Sat
Hoping for some advice from ladies who have been there. I'm thinking about competing in my state pageant next year. I'm not saying I'll win, but I don't want to compete without knowing the potential cost of nationals. We have good jobs, but we are not wealthy. I don't want to put any financial pressure on my family. The state I live in is smaller, and there are not a ton of sponsors. I recognize that many costs would be up to me- I could find an expensive, OR inexpensive gown, etc. But in terms of hotel stay, hair and make up while there, outings and expected activities.
Can some of you who've competed at nationals estimate the amount you spent?
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- If you win, you don't have to pay for airfare, meals and hotel. That's part of your prize package. There may be some expense with wardrobe, but all the major things are taken care of for you. (NT) -- f, 05:56:42 03/10/14 Mon
- I found Nationals to be inexpensive. Mr. and Mrs. Marmel take care of everything. (NT) -- my experience, 21:47:39 03/10/14 Mon
- I competed several years ago, but my airfare, hotel, and all meals and activities were paid for. I also got $100 to pay for miscellaneous expenses like tips. (NT) -- Former State Titleholder, 21:47:56 03/10/14 Mon
- Thanks ladies. It does sound doable if there's no need to worry about travel expenses, hotel/meals, etc. Is there any advice you might give aside from "be yourself" and "just have fun with it"? I've got those things covered ;) (NT) -- OP, 18:21:08 03/13/14 Thu
- It's very hot in Tucson, so have a water bottle with you when possible. The air is also dry, so plan for that;have visine, good moisturizer for skin, be aware how your hair and makeup do in that climate. The staff at the Loews Ventana is exceptional, so please be kind to them. Leave tips in your room every couple days for your cleaning service because we pageant girls are messy! Do not go barefoot when trying to save your feet! Have comfortable, cute wedges, flats, or flip flops that you can survive in during downtime. There are critters there and you do not want to step on one! Be sure to check your closet, bedding and under beds. Over the years girls have found scorpions and spiders. Roll with it when the choreography for opening number/ production changes again, and again, and again. It'll all come together in the end. Soak it all in and take lots of pictures! You only get to do this once! Get to know your pageant sisters. You will make friends for life in some of them! (NT) -- Have fun and good luck!, 08:22:36 03/14/14 Fri