VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

THE UNOFFICIAL MRS. AMERICA MESSAGE BOARD
THE UNOFFICIAL MRS. AMERICA MESSAGE BOARD
Welcome to the message board that salutes America's Super Bowl of Mrs. Pageants! The Mrs. America Pageant celebrates America's most natural resource...the married woman! Please enjoy chatting and posting photos on this forum. All I ask is you be kind and considerate. Any posters who bash will be banned from this board.
http://www.facebook.com/theroadtomrsamerica/

Subject: Johnathan Kayne shoes… I'm torn between the Charleston (all clear everything) and the Juno sandal (with gems and nude colored straps but a clear heel)… thoughts?

Author:
Thank you!! : )
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:56 03/21/14 Fri

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Another Tonganoxie Resident is Crowned Queen!

Author:
Danielle Boatwright (Miss KS Teen USA '94, Miss KS USA '96, Winner of SURVIVOR) is from Tonganoxie too!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:42:46 03/21/14 Fri

Mayor Ward presented Tonganoxie resident and business owner Donna Hoegler with a proclamation congratulating her for being Mrs. Kansas 2014.

Replies:
Subject: Great post made by our reigning Mrs. America today!

Author:
She's a funny woman!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:14:20 03/19/14 Wed

Austen Williams

Something amazing just happened. Like mouth wide open I can't believe this just happened amazing. It was way more amazing than that time I was being Mrs. America on the news and wore two different earrings.

This is what happened.... I stopped and asked for help. When I talk to people I tend to really focus on them. So put all my stuff down and I engaged. Then I picked up my stuff and went on my merry way. I got on the phone and started to make some business calls because that's what I do. I work. All. The. Time. My agent in LA says I werk. That's also the name of the agency. (Hey Ray!) So that's what I was doing. I was discussing details of a booking. And after about 20 minutes, as I was casually strolling through the concourse... I stop and yell... "I DONT HAVE MY CROWN BOX!!!!!!"

Yes. I left my crown box somewhere. WHERE?!?! Cheese and sprinkles!!!! On the train?? No. Bathroom?? Umm didn't go there. Did I drop it?!? Didn't hear anything. On the desk when I put all my stuff down!!! Gotta be!!! PLEASE JESUS!!! It's all fun and games til you show up to be Mrs. America and there's no evidence to prove you aren't full of shenanigans.

So there I was, crown-less Mrs. America.... On week 2 of 10 straight weeks of appearances..... Without a crown.... Sprinting through the ginormous Atlanta airport wishing, and hoping, and thinking, and praying, my crown would be there, (I was singing in my head just then...).

I had been talking to my co-host Kim Baldwin-Turner, and she called the airport guest services and said, "My friend is Mrs. America and she lost her crown!" She reported that the nice man didn't even let her finish before he started the hunt. It was a mighty long train ride wondering where my crown might be. Would someone be wearing it? (Maybe). Would we start seeing random images of a new Mrs. America on social media? (Perhaps) Would David Marmel kill me?? (Probably). What else was in that box?!? (Only God knows). Will I be embarrassed if someone opens the box? (Ummm, please don't judge my mess. My mess and I have a special relationship. As long as my mess stays in my car and my crown box and not my house or my life I think I'm doing well). Could I deny it was mine if I got embarrassed? (Nope pictures and name in the box. Internet on the phone. Crap!)

I got back to one gate. No one there. Found people. Sent to another gate. No one there. Went back to people.... SOS!! Distress!!! Distress!! About to be a dead (almost) beauty queen!!

A nice lady named Tia helped me. We found the gate. And there was my little crown box.... Patiently waiting for me to get my life together. Just waiting for me with my little name written on a piece of paper. I would've sighed a sigh of relief or something, but I couldn't breathe. So it was mostly just a cough and a gasp and a wheeze of relief.

Now the tricky part. Getting back to the next plane without missing the flight. I've got 20 minutes.... No time to breathe now.... RUNNNNNN!!!!!

And I made it.

I can't feel my legs and I'm a stinky beauty queen, but I'm a queen with a crown and that's good enough for now.

Thank you again, Delta. Between first class and this you aren't letting me down at all today!

Subject: Mrs. CT/Mrs RI Results

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:17:10 03/16/14 Sun

4th Angela Ruwan
3rd Elaine Levanka
2nd Megan McKee
1st Allison Knotton
Mrs Connecticut America 2014 is Kimberly Boudoin!

2nd Melissa Kapelka
1st Kristen Starziano
Mrs Rhode Island America 2014 is Adrienne Norberg!

Subject: To the Mod of this board...I just wanted to tell you how appreciative I was of your Road to Mrs. America page on Facebook. I think it's appalling that it was removed and now your idea has been moved to another Facebook page. People need to learn to come up with their own ideas. Your board will continue to be the place to get Mrs. America information. Keep up the good work!

Author:
Annabelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:03 03/16/14 Sun

Subject: Estimated cost of nationals

Author:
hopeful!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:09:00 03/15/14 Sat

Hoping for some advice from ladies who have been there. I'm thinking about competing in my state pageant next year. I'm not saying I'll win, but I don't want to compete without knowing the potential cost of nationals. We have good jobs, but we are not wealthy. I don't want to put any financial pressure on my family. The state I live in is smaller, and there are not a ton of sponsors. I recognize that many costs would be up to me- I could find an expensive, OR inexpensive gown, etc. But in terms of hotel stay, hair and make up while there, outings and expected activities.

Can some of you who've competed at nationals estimate the amount you spent?

Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: Rhode Island and Connecticut are this weekend!! Who are your faves to win? Any returnees?

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:09 03/15/14 Sat

Subject: Veterans: Beauty pageant tips

Author:
What are some of your best beauty pageant tips? From makeup to tanning to butt glue, what are some of your best tricks?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:21:01 03/15/14 Sat

Subject: Ideal fitness level for state competition.

Author:
I know it varies from state to state, but what is the ideal size (swim, dress) for a contestant?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:48:09 03/05/14 Wed

Do judges really take into consideration that you have had children?

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. DC Contestants

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:28 03/03/14 Mon

1. Jennifer Brande
2. Helene Combe Meister
3. Marta Bota
4. Laura Clark
5. Maria Teresa Duvall
6. Dr. Allena Willis
7. Samentha Moore
8. Alita Taylor-Gregg
9. Mariah Taylor
10.Meridith Egwuatu

Replies:
Subject: Kansas is this weekend and only has 3 contestants! That's absurd! It's time directors get off their rear ends and do some recruiting!

Author:
They should have atleast 15-20
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:07:09 03/03/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: What is the role of the State Director

Author:
A State Director
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:34:16 03/02/14 Sun

So often I read here that it is the job of the state titleholder to recruit. What is the job of the State Director? If this is a business, than the State Director needs to be the leader of the pack. The State Director should motivate the titleholder to want to share the program with other. I tip my hat to the Texas State Director for securing a trip to France for her 2014 Titleholder. That is a prize far great than anything Mrs America wins.

Replies:
Subject: I love how the Mrs. America Org completely copies what Road to Mrs. America was doing for 3 years before Libby Crawford decided to throw a tantrum! Mrs. America Org. did NOTHING on Facebook until late last year and then STEALS an idea from someone else. No integrity...oh that's right! They've got Libby working for them now!

Author:
Helene Buchanan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:54:58 02/26/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
Mrs. NEVADA America 2014
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:31:13 02/25/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. Nevada Contestants

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:38:36 02/23/14 Sun

1. Andreea Porcelli
2. Brooke Neubauer
3. Cassandra Key
4. Christina Groff
5. Catherine Tsai
6. Christina Sequeria
7. Kari Deike
8. Katie Ladomerszky
9. Lauren Eldik
10.Lavetta Schneider
11.Lenette Gazzana
12.Marty Reed
13.Mojgan Rahbanoff-Ross
14.Oriana Chun
15.Sabrina Foster
16.Tonia Davis

Replies:
Subject: Nevada is tonight. Wish our state pageants were livestreamed.

Author:
would be fun
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:54:21 02/23/14 Sun

Subject: MRS. AMERICA WILL BE HELD AT THE FABULOUS LOEWS VENTANA CANYON RESORT IN TUCSON, ARIZONA!

Author:
Libby
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:26:08 02/20/14 Thu

2014 Mrs. America Pageant
August 23-29, 2014
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort
Tucson, Arizona

Replies:
Subject: What is the in shoe now for swimsuit and interview??? Any suggestions?

Author:
Thanks!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:03:45 02/15/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Mrs DC contestants have been posted! Looks like 9, possibly 10 ladies!

Author:
Pageant girl
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:44:45 02/14/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Updated State Pageant List

Author:
Any others?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:18:28 02/09/14 Sun

February 23 - NEVADA
March 1 - KANSAS
March 1 - MISSOURI
March 8 - DISTRICT of COLUMBIA
March 9 - MASSACHUSETTS
March 9 - VERMONT
March 15 - RHODE ISLAND
March 15 - CONNECTICUT
March 22 - OKLAHOMA
March 22 - WEST VIRGINIA
March 29 - ALABAMA
March 29 - MICHIGAN
April 12 - COLORADO
April 12 - NORTH DAKOTA
April 12 - SOUTH DAKOTA
April 12 - VIRGINIA
April 13 - MAINE
April 19 - TEXAS
April 26 - DELAWARE
May 10 - FLORIDA
May 17 - ALASKA
May 18 - NEW JERSEY
May 31 - WYOMING
June 14 - IOWA
June 14 - MINNESOTA
June 14 - WISCONSIN
June 22 - NEW HAMPSHIRE
June 22 - NEW JERSEY
June 22 - PENNSYLVANIA
June 8 - NEW MEXICO
June 29 - GEORGIA

Subject: Gowns

Author:
Somewhere in America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:11:08 02/08/14 Sat

Okay so let's talk gowns. Can they make you or break you? I've been looking for a gown for a while and can't find anything different, unique, age appropriate or figure flattering. Anyone have any ideas? I'm so sick of the gowns with the beading just at the bust then flow out to a-line, tired of the completely beaded ridiculously heavy mermaid gowns that make you look like a female impersonator, the crazy animal print gowns, and then of course there's those weird fru-fru mermaid gowns with an entire flock of geese at the bottom!! What's up with that?!?! I'm having a super hard time finding "glamorous, classy, and unique". Anyone else having this issue? A throw back to "old Hollywood" designs would be fabulous, but I can't find any. I don't want to look like I'm going to the Prom, the Adult Awards Show, or Miss Debutante USA. What's a woman / lady to do? lol HELP!

Replies:
Subject: So I have a question: my daughter has competed in pageants from age 12 and this is her "sport" she loves competing and being on stage and has made some life long friends, my son-in-law thinks it's "superficial" and he doesn't care for pageants. He is a control freak and I and having a hard time not going off on him. so here is the question. Can you give me some advice on how to talk to him. I know I will just go off on him but I don't want to make it harder for my daughter. she is actually thinking about not competing. Why should she give up something she loves to do. plese help. or should I just stay out of it?

Author:
thanks concerned mom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:45:36 02/08/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: ANY STATE PAGEANTS IN FEBRUARY??

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:14:18 02/03/14 Mon

Subject: Who directs Mrs. New Jersey America.?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:28:54 02/01/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: 2014 MRS. NEW HAMPSHIRE AMERICA PAGEANT DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO JUNE 22ND!!!

Author:
PLENTY OF TIME TO ENTER
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:11 01/28/14 Tue

Subject: Mrs. Washington 2014 finals: New queen Karen Calwell, Mrs, WA 2002 daughter

Author:
Former
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:53:12 01/22/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Spent the day visiting the patients and staff of Roper Hospital. I was so humbled by these wonderful people. One of the most touching experiences was meeting a 23 year old firefighter and paramedic named Jordan, who has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Cell Type B cancer. His beautiful fiancée brought him down the hall where I was and when I asked him if I could take a picture with him he began to cry. Our first photo he was sitting but this chivalrous man stood up for a second picture. I met so many more wonderful patients and staff members. What a beautiful and humbling experience. Oh... And I got to go up on the hospital's helipad... Which was awesome!

Author:
Austen - Mrs. America 2013
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:07 01/21/14 Tue

Subject: Mrs. Washington Contestants

Author:
Who are your favorites to win?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:34:19 01/21/14 Tue

1. Larissa Long
2. Bethany Gold
3. Kearsten Weeks
4. Shelby Fitzgerald
5. Julie Rzechula
6. Tamara DePorter
7. Angelique Ashton
8. Faith Ulate
9. Ramona Kauhi
10.Rosie Lohr
11.Georgette Jennings
12.Dionne Tarter
13.Caitlin Brimberry
14.Shannon Morgan
15.Jamie Johnson
16.Beckie Washington
17.Jennifer Carlson
18.Crissy Summers Timpson
19.Bobbie Simoni
20.Kamille Livermore
21.Meghan Soukup
22.Karen Caldwell
23.Desiree Lancaster
24.Derozette Banks
25.Angela Darling
26.LaReina Delay
27.Deanna Bunch

Replies:
Subject: A Rare Find!

Author:
Vintage Mrs. America
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:37:21 01/20/14 Mon

Desiree Jenkins - Mrs. America 1964

Retiring Mrs. America 1963, Marilyn Mitchell, left, of San Diego, Calif., passes her crown over to Mrs. South Carolina, Deseree Jenkins, of Columbia. The Mrs. America Ceremony here last night ended a week of highly competative effort among the top ranking housewives from fifty states and the District of Columbia.

Replies:
Subject:

Author:

[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:53:58 01/19/14 Sun

Subject: When will we know the dates for Mrs. America???

Author:
Ready to know
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:04:59 01/17/14 Fri

Please post as soon as you know

Replies:
Subject: Mrs Washington America is this Saturday... Pam stated there will be something like 60 Mrs. America title holders there does anyone know if Mrs. America or Mrs. World is going?

Author:
Mrs. Washington America pageant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:49:44 01/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Mrs. Washington Contestants

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:45:07 01/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: UPDATED STATE PAGEANT LIST

Author:
Anyone know when Florida, Hawaii, and South Dakota are?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:19:49 01/14/14 Tue

January 18 - WASHINGTON
February 23 - NEVADA
March 1 - KANSAS
March 1 - MISSOURI
March 8 - DISTRICT of COLUMBIA
March 9 - MASSACHUSETTS
March 9 - VERMONT
March 15 - RHODE ISLAND
March 15 - CONNECTICUT
March 22 - OKLAHOMA
March 22 - WEST VIRGINIA
March 29 - ALABAMA
March 29 - MICHIGAN
April 12 - COLORADO
April 12 - NORTH DAKOTA
April 12 - VIRGINIA
April 13 - MAINE
April 19 - TEXAS
April 26 - NEW MEXICO
April 26 - DELAWARE
April 27 - NEW HAMPSHIRE
May 17 - ALASKA
May 18 - NEW JERSEY
May 31 - WYOMING
June 14 - IOWA
June 14 - MINNESOTA
June 14 - WISCONSIN
June 22 - NEW JERSEY
June 22 - PENNSYLVANIA
June 29 - GEORGIA

Replies:
Subject: To clarify, The Road to Mrs. America Facebook Page was up for 3 years and had over 1,000 Likes. Due to Libby Crawford, the page has been removed. Her vindictiveness towards this Voy Board is what prompted this incident. Due to lack of respect for other posters, I had to ban her from the board. She in turn accuse me of copyright violations on the Facebook page, which was not the case at all. David Marmel had nothing to do with the removal. It was Libby's name attached to it in the message I received from Facebook. So let's all thank Libby for destroying something we all enjoyed!

Author:
Co-Moderator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:44:43 01/13/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: WASHINGTON is THIS WEEKEND! WHO ARE THE FAVES TO WIN?

Author:
Excited, it's such a large group this year!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:08:24 01/13/14 Mon

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
CONGRATULATIONS TO MRS. AMERICA 2014 MICHELLE EVANS OF OKLAHOMA!
Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.