VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:01:38 05/06/16 Fri
Author: Hal McKinnon (Well pleased!)
Subject: 3 hybrid question?

Hi Ron,
I have had my Nova set about 4 weeks; I have been to the range 6-8 times and played about 4 times (had to sit out a week for some surgery). I just in the last couple of days have started to hit them with good consistency, and predictability. You really have go to the range and put n a little work, but it's worth it!
Started playing 4 years ago and am 74.5 years old. Handicap is about 16; the last 2 days shot 84, and 86 today on a wet course. So I am well pleased, and my playing friends have taken note, especially since some of them have been playing 40+ years. NOW MY QUESTION IS THIS: I SEEM TO BE HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE GETTING GOOD DISTANCE AND CONSISTENCY WITH THE 3 & 4. CAN U OFFER ANY ADVICE TO HELP ME WITH THESE CLUBS. OTHERWISE I LOVE THE CLUBS.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: 3 hybrid question? -- Ron Davis, 06:30:11 05/07/16 Sat [1]

Hal, The best way I have found to have success with the 3&4 Irons, is to take just the 1 club to the range and hit some balls. The clubs are the same so by hitting the 1 club, you are hitting every club in the set. Players have a mental block when using a 3 or 4 iron. Just take a smooth swing and it will come to you.

Good luck Ron

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: 3 hybrid question?- reply -- Hal Mckinnon (Well Pleased), 07:25:40 05/07/16 Sat [1]

Thanks Ron,
I am sure I just need to spend more time putting in the work, most misses Are towards the toe, and if you do miss it there, it kills the distance and Direction. I think there is a tendency to also swing harder (faster)!
There is a friend of mine who sells,fits,repairs cllubs at a local DR / Par 3
Course who is now selling single length clubs (a competitor company, only he gets the heads, and builds them) ; has sold 9 sets in last 3 weeks. Do you plan to franchise your system;. Seems to be catching on! Wish you sold a SW, GW, & a 58-60 LW! Should I look @ the 1 Iron wedges, or just use my old Pings
Thanks again, Hal

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.