VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:27:30 06/19/05 Sun
Author: Mark Seven Smith
Author Host/IP: ip68-105-99-226.sd.sd.cox.net / 68.105.99.226
Subject: Re: JUAN RAMON JIMENEZ
In reply to: Mark Seven Smith 's message, "Re: JUAN RAMON JIMENEZ" on 03:28:49 12/21/00 Thu

Wow--checking this thread out, it seems that there is some interest out there, in the poetry of Juan Ramon Jiminez! Back in 2000 I first posted asking about a poem by Juan Ramon Jiminez, and I have yet to find anything more online either by, or about him. I haven't tried ordering a book of his poetry yet, either, but I will probably get one sometime.

I guess someone should take the initiative, and create a website about Juan Ramon Jiminez--a fan-site, or a scholarly examination, or just get the permission to post a bunch of his poetry, along with the English translations, and perhaps other language translations, if there are other language translations available out there.

I don't mind purchasing books to read his stuff (mostly the books aare in Spanish, which I still have yet to learn to read); but it is simply *wonderful* to be able to find a website that explores the works of an artist, writer, or a scientist...

I like having the ability to use the Internet to bring up links to sites from a search performed on Google or whatever search engine--for instance, a search engine that specializes in finding poetry. So, it would be nice to have a page dedicated to Juan Ramin Jiminez--but I am not able to do this; I have a life-long illness which keeps me going to the hospital a lot; and I cannot keep up with projects like webpages. Anyone else like to give it a shot? :-) It's just an idea; it would be something that I would do if I could.

About Poetry-specific web pages: for instance, there is "Edward Bonver's Poetry Lover's Page",
http://www.poetryloverspage.com/utilities/search.html

So if a site was made for Juan Ramon Jiminez, the person who made the site could ask to have JRJ's name entered into the drop-down list of poets, along with a link to the new site.

Another example of a poetry-dedicated website is "PoetHunter.com", although most of you probably know about it already! It still doesn't have any examples of poetry on its site for JRJ; but there is a link to a page of quotes by him.

Anyway, I was just checking back to see how things were going in this thread! It's sort of late, since I first asked about JRJ back in December 2000 . Did anyone find anything further? TIA,

--Mark Seven Smith

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.