VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board - Unmoderated
State Websites Message Bds Official MAO Links Community
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh

Subject: 19 years ago...

Author:
Brenda Joan Vicki Lynn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:29:56 09/17/14 Wed

Interesting Miss America factoid I uncovered today. The last time the top 3 were all non-preliminary winners was in 1995 — Shawntel Smith (OK), Emily Orton (OR), and Paula Montgomery (AR).

I don't think it had ever happened before that, but my familiarity with the pageant only goes back to 1967 or so.... and in those years prelim winners almost always made top 10 and the overall winner was usually a prelim winner.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: STOMP

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:13 09/18/14 Thu

A few years ago the new craze was Stomp involving garbage cans and brooms used as percussion on stage and those performances swept the nation like crazy as a fantastic fun talent event. How does this really differ from what we witnessed this year at Miss America?

Replies:
Subject: Honest interview coaching question

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:37 09/17/14 Wed

I am so fired up and ready to prepare for my first local of the season! I know that interview is the area that I really would like to hire a coach for this year just to really hone in my skills and help package my platform. I have heard that Mallory, Nina and Kira worked with Bill Alverson and I wanted to know how to get in touch with him and also roughly how much he charges? Thanks so much!

Replies:
Subject: Don't have a horse in this race, but want to share a couple of observations, having been a pagent follower for many years. The show this past Sunday night was boring. No way around that. The evening gowns were pretty universally bad; both in style and fit. The Catalina swimsuit tops were awful; anyone with a high-definition television could see the built-in cups, and lord help the girls who added padding. And the talents? Why in the world would MAO brag about being a program that recognizes talent and then present what was arguably the worst display of second-rate singers and hoofers ever seen on TV? If it all boils down to the interview, then drop the huge expense of putting on the pageant, and simply hold interviews for the job. The on-stage competition doesn't seem to count for much of anything.

Author:
won't be watching next year.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:21:35 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Tony Bowls as Evening Gown Sponsor

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:05 09/17/14 Wed

Truthfully, do you think we will have to suffer through another year of Tony Bowls gowns?

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:44:24 09/18/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Former Miss LaPaz County and Miss AZ contestant Aly Tozer lost her battle with cystic fibrosis last night. Prayers to her family!

Author:
sad news to relay
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:14:32 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Stem, now will be "Steam!"

Author:
An "A" is going to be added, for the word "Art!" Art so important in an education!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:09 09/18/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: I went on the board this morning and guess what..

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:22:42 09/18/14 Thu

The thread about whether or not the same Kira would have won your state pageant this past summer has disappeared AGAIN.

Replies:
Subject: I realized with all of the arguing, there hasn't been a post pageant opinion!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:55 09/17/14 Wed

Forgetting about Red Cup-gate 2014, here are some thoughts about this year's pageant.

Top 15: I personally thought this was a solid Top 15. Last year there were some head scratchers, this year I could understand why the panel selected the 14 (excluding America's Choice). Surprise exclusions based on the board buzz: California, Kansas, Wisconsin, New Jersey. Unfortunately, with at least 20 girls who could have made the cut - some strong contestants were left standing. No huge shockers though.

I actually liked the swimsuits. It initially appeared that this year's class was overall weak in SS, but there were several fit girls in the Top 15. Of the 12 who moved on: there is only one girl I was surprised moved on (will remain nameless), I was not a CT fan - but thought based on body and face that she was one of the 12 strongest. Based on the little we did see, I have a feeling her interview was not as strong as other semi-finalists.

Talent: To someone who is an untrained dancer, pianist and has little vocal training, everyone sounded/looked decent. Keep in mind most of the viewers and judges are untrained. It is impossible for me to tell if AL was better than FL and vice-versa. MS started strong, but lost me in the end. I personally thought AL was entertaining and her exclusion from the Top 5 was more surprising to me. AR was nice, MA was good. After talent my Top 5 was MS, VA, AL, FL and AR. My jaw dropped when NY got the call.

Top 5: I think a lot of anger lies in the fact that virtually everyone had some combo of TX, MS, AL, FL and CT as the Top 5. Few people deviated from those 5. Some of these girls were just not the strongest on finals night. AR was a pleasant surprise. I am not surprised MA did so well; with her it was more of feeling like I didn't want her to win instead of thinking she couldn't win. Congrats to MA for breaking the Top 5. FL - not really a surprise. VA - I am from VA, I don't hide my bias. I was more surprised that more fans did not have her in the Top 5. An OT in one of the strongest OT programs, placed Top 10 (wasn't she Caressa's teen?), Top 5 in VA 3 times before winning and 1st RU her first year to Crot? That is a pretty great record. I just think VA stayed quiet after last year's experience.

Winner: Well, I didn't think NY would win. But a few days later I realize it is more of disappointment that VA didn't get their 4th Miss A than anything personal against Kira. Mallory will always be one of my favorite MAs and I personally feel Kira, while a different girl, has the best chance of mimicking Mallory's success. I know her talent, her talent, but the last truly talented MA was attacked on this board. There is no way to please everyone. I wish her the best of luck in an exciting year ahead.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Kansas

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:53:55 09/18/14 Thu

To those that were at the preliminaries, what do you think happened with Miss Kansas. I thought for sure she would at least make the Top 15. She has a very impressive resume, a great story, and I thought she would be competitive in the on-stage categories. I know that on one prediction list I read, the writer had her as his winner. I know there were probably a lot of contestants that probably were also deserving of advancing, (and unfortunately only 15 can)but I'm just curious what the thoughts were of others that were actually there and saw her in competition.

Replies:
Subject: This is hilarious! http://dlisted.com/2014/09/15/hot-slut-of-the-day-419/

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:55:28 09/18/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Miss NM in Show Me Your Shoes Parade

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:53:38 09/18/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Pretty girl and picture

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:01:34 09/18/14 Thu

Subject:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:46:41 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Rest in Peace, George Hamilton, IV

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:27:50 09/18/14 Thu

Abilene, Abilene...

Subject: MISS AMERICA RATINGS DOWN 25%

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:10:27 09/15/14 Mon

On ABC, Countdown to Miss America earned a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating, down 33 percent from a 0.9 for last year’s Pageant Confidential. Miss America Pageant notched a 1.5, down 25 percent from last year's 2.0 adults 18-49 rating for a broadcast telecast low.

Replies:
Subject: Daughtry for Heather Cox Coe

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:21:43 09/18/14 Thu

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152294279810458&set=vb.6299270457&type=2&theater

Hey everybody - my dear friend, Heather Cox from American Idol has a severe life threatening brain tumor. She needs our support to help raise money for the surgery that will save her life at the end of this month.

Take a moment to watch this video and if you feel compelled to donate, please click here: http://www.gofundme.com/Heathers-Hope

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

Replies:
Subject: You Go, Nina!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:59:09 09/17/14 Wed

Miss America Org @MissAmericaOrg · 8h

We're proud of #MissAmerica 2014 @NinaDavuluri who has announced she'll be underwriting a #STEM scholarship for next year's competition!

Replies:
Subject: MA 2015 Results

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:04:14 09/17/14 Wed

Can anyone provide a link to the complete results?

I'm trying to find out who won Interview. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: I am so tired of the word "relevant" What is relevant. If you go by what is trending then it is wierd TV shows like Naked and Afraid and Naked and Dating. That is what the teens are watching. Do we need Naked and doing a pageant to be trending relevant?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:54 09/17/14 Wed

Subject: I think dark brown hair would be very becoming on Kira

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:43:44 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Miss America and Miss America's Outstanding Teen

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:13:37 09/17/14 Wed

If you did not know who either Miss America or Miss America's Outstanding Teen were and both walked into a room together, both spoke briefly and both performed their talent, would you know which was which?

Replies:
Subject: Kate Shindle live-tweeted the telecast last night and she OWNED it!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:22 09/15/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Very interesting

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:31:37 09/17/14 Wed

I noticed and several others brought this to my attention... just after the top 16 were announced and they brought the sister onto camera to take the instagram picture. They introduced her as "a semifinalist, Miss SC's sister." Do you think this was a mistake or the teleprompter knew the semifinalists before the live filming?? I've heard she was contacted by the producers on Sunday morning to be a part of the show..

Replies:
Subject: Ratings

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:00 09/17/14 Wed

Well, the ratings are in and it begs the question. Why the heck are we on Sunday night opposite football? We are NEVER going to get the number one spot going up against the NFL (even if they are in trouble lately). Why oh why aren't we on Sat. night?

Replies:
Subject: then go away

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:34:37 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
      • No. (NT) -- No name, 21:49:14 09/17/14 Wed
Subject: hear

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:48:55 09/17/14 Wed

Subject: “Proudly representing the home of Pharrell Williams, I’m here to make you ‘Happy’ tonight! I’m Courtney Paige Garrett, Miss Virginia!” God was that a foreshadowing or what?

Author:
UGH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:17 09/17/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: Judges

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:36 09/17/14 Wed

I noticed that none of the judges are addressing the controversy on their Twitter accounts. Do you think Sam told them to not comment on their decision? The backlash is strong and I know many people have tweeted questions to the judges. We just want to know the direction of the MAO. Is this a interview only competition. Are they trying to phase out talent?

Replies:
Subject: OFF TOPIC A BIT but....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:19:34 09/17/14 Wed

I was watching Masters of Sex on Showtime on Demand last night AND one of the cast members was listed as Karissa Lee Staples (maybe I'm spelling that incorrectly).

Wasn't there a Miss Maine by that name who competed about 7 years ago?

Replies:
Subject: Ratings Down

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:00:18 09/17/14 Wed

ABC's Miss America Pageant drew 7.1 million viewers Sunday, down from last fall's 8.6 million.

Subject:
The Other OMG Moment Of The Evening

STYLE - SERVICE - SUCCESS - SPELLING?!?!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:23:04 09/16/14 Tue

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.