VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board

Not affiliated with any pageant system

No Bashing and No Political Discussions

State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

Subject: Need suggested answer

Author:
Louann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:12:41 02/14/17 Tue

A friend asked me to help with her local pageant program book, in which we plan to include a page to honor the current and the previous former local pageant winners.

Question, when listing them on the page, which looks best or most proper:

Order from now to past or start with the earliest down to the current winner??

2017..?

or

2017..??

Which method is technicall best when listing past winners or should we save headaches and list them all by last name with their years, like:

Tina Jones (1988)
Marina Smith (1956)
Desire Tarkenson (2015)
Nancy Marie Wilson (1987)

??

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: MA Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:14:57 10/13/16 Thu

Banks, Renee (Fall River) (2016-Top 11)(2015-Judges Newbie Interview Award)
Churchill, Brittany (Taunton) (New) (2013-DYW of MA)
Clark, Olivia (Western Massachusetts) (New)
Littlefield, Lyndsey (South Coast) (2016)(2015)
Marques, Olivia (New Bedford) (New)
Taveras, Gabriela (Boston) (New)
Thomas, Emily (Cambridge) (2016)(2012-DYW of MA)
Zucco, Jillian (Bristol County) (2016-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2015-1st R/U, Prelim SS Award)(2014-Top 11, Miracle Maker Award, Community Service Award)(2013-Semi-Finalist)

Last edited by author: Tue February 07, 2017 19:41:44   Edited 5 times.

Replies:
Subject: Passing of former Miss New Hampshire

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:11 02/12/17 Sun

http://www.rep-am.com/obituaries/2017/01/31/annie-l-beadle/

Replies:
Subject: New Gaga song Million Reasons. Here it comes, folks. I wonder how many will attempt this?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:05 02/11/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Pageant Resale Sites

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:37 02/09/17 Thu

I have looked through all of the archives for the post about Pageant Resale sites. I should have written down the suggestions, but I didn't think the thread would be removed. And maybe I'm overlooking it somehow, but I went through every page twice and still can't find it. Please help me again. I do remember Pageant Resale and The Glass Slipper. What other pages, particularly FB pages, are there? Thanks again.

Replies:
Subject: I am trying to purchase blank note cards with the crown on them for my titleholder. I've tried to make one online using the clip art fhe MAO allows, but the crown is way too big. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make these or if they are already available somewhere? Thank you. I am pretty photoshop inept. LOL

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:09:15 02/13/17 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Does anyone know who the vendor is that sells the crown rings at Miss America?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:56:28 02/11/17 Sat

Replies:
Subject: 60th Miss Mississippi to welcome reigning Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:41:36 02/13/17 Mon

http://www.vicksburgpost.com/2017/02/11/60th-miss-mississippi-to-welcome-reigning-miss-america/

Replies:
Subject: Dressing Girls Around the Country

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:02:25 02/09/17 Thu

When you think of pageants, what do you imagine? Heather and Stacy DeLong would say they think of gorgeous gowns.

Heather and Stacy DeLong opened Le Chic Prom and Pageant Boutique in July 2012. “We were both on the board for Miss Muscatine and my husband helped with Miss Iowa. When we would do wardrobe for our girls, there wasn’t anywhere local and we were having to go other places like Chicago to find gowns,” said Heather DeLong.

Le Chic dresses girls all over the country. “Washington is the furthest away someone has ever traveled to shop with us, but we ship dresses anywhere in the country,” said Heather. Heather said she thinks what sets them apart from other stores is their customer service. “In Chicago we would go to these 10,000-square-foot stores and you have to take a number just to get into a dressing room and you might not even get helped by the staff,” she said. At Le Chic, they do their best to work one-on-one with every customer. Their posted hours are limited but they have private appointments during the day, which allows them to give more personalized attention to each customer. Heather said, “My husband and I both work full-time jobs, so this is more of a hobby than a job for us. It’s something we enjoy doing.”

Heather said one of her favorite parts of owning the boutique is seeing their girls in their gowns on television. “We have dressed on the Miss America stage, five Miss Iowas, three Miss Montanas, one Miss West Virginia, and one Miss Nebraska. And we have dressed on the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen stage, three Miss Iowa’s Outstanding Teens, and one Miss Montana’s Outstanding Teen.”

“I think there is a misconception about sizes and price-points. After being open for a few years, we’ve seen what our customer base is like, and we carry a variety of sizes and prices to accommodate any customer,” said Heather. She feels that the best part of their business is the rewarding feeling of helping someone find the perfect dress.

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to these scholarship winners

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:18:02 02/09/17 Thu

The Miss America Organization announced Tuesday four recipients of Miss America Foundation scholarships.

The contestants who have received the scholarships are as follows:

The 2016 Dr. and Mrs. David B Allman Medical Scholarship — $7,000 — meant for current or former contestants who study or plan to study in the field of medicine.

Victoria Humphrey, a 2011 contestant in Florida

Makayla McCoskey, a 2016 contestant in Pennsylvania

The 2016 Jean Bartel for Military Awareness Scholarship — $3,000 — was established in the memory of Miss America 1943 Bartel. The scholarship is meant for those who are involved with community-based events or projects meant to raise awareness of men and women in the military.

Autumn Simunek, Miss South Dakota 2015

The 2016 Tiffany Phillips Scholar-Athlete Scholarship — $2,000 — was created in honor of Tiffany Phillips, the daughter of Steve and Dana Phillips in Oregon, who died in an accident in 1998.

Sarah Kingsbury, a 2016 contestant in Ohio

Replies:
Subject: AK Contestants

Author:
PageantGuru
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:40:36 10/15/16 Sat

King, Harper (Anchorage) (2016-4th R/U)
Lochner, Regina (Chugiak/Eagle River) (2016)

Last edited by author: Thu February 09, 2017 04:32:20   Edited 2 times.

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]345 ]
AmazingCounters.com
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.