|Subject: Save the Date|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 13:10:35 04/09/15 Thu
Dear State Executive Directors,
We are so very proud to share our excitement with you as we announce that Sunday, September 13, 2015, will be the live broadcast date for the 2016 Miss America Competition on ABC - our 95th Anniversary Celebration! Throughout the decades, Miss America has evolved into an incredible organization because of your tireless efforts and those of your volunteers who support our organization. Today, Miss America remains an iconic symbol with roots connected to our rich history in Atlantic City, NJ. The return to Atlantic City allows us to once again showcase our Miss America event in the beautiful destination where it all began. This September promises to be another monumental event for our Miss America family and our television viewers during the live Sunday night broadcast from Boardwalk Hall.
As an amazing 95th Anniversary is being planned, the two-panel judging process is being reinstated this year. The Expert Judges Panel will judge the interviews and preliminary competitions to determine the top 15 contestants and their composite scores. The Celebrity Judges Panel will review the top 15 contestants' interviews and judge the final night of competition to crown Miss America 2016.
In addition, for the final night of Competition only, there will be changes to the judge's scoring and percentages. The new percentages will be as follows; 25% Composite, 10% Lifestyle and Fitness, 15% Evening Gown, 30% Talent and 20% Final Question plus, there will be no final ballot. These changes, ratified unanimously by our board, will not affect the 2015 State and Local Competitions, or the 2016 Miss America Competition preliminaries.
As we work with our Atlantic City partners and hotel properties on the Friends & Family rates, we are excited to inform you that The Claridge Hotel is being refurbished and looks absolutely beautiful. The Claridge is thrilled to partner with the Miss America Organization and has established a wonderful "Friends & Family" block in their elegant hotel connected to Bally's. To make your reservations at the Claridge, please call 1-844-AC-IS-FUN or www.claridge.com and be sure to use Group Code "GFriends" - the special rates are $99 weekdays, $149 Friday, $249 Saturday and $129 Sunday. There are 500 rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis. These rates will be the best rates available at the Claridge this fall so act fast. We expect to share the remaining AC hotel information with you at the end of the month and ask that you please do not contact the other AC hotels until the details are finalized.
Our award-winning television producer, Anthony Eaton, and his company Tall Pony Productions, have produced our live event broadcast for the last eight years and will once again produce our Anniversary event on ABC. Partnering with dick clark productions has created even greater enthusiasm for this special anniversary broadcast as the momentum leading up to the event grows!
The preliminary nights of the competition are scheduled for Tuesday, September 8th through Thursday, September 10th. The Miracle Mile Walk will take place on Friday, September 11th, beginning in front of Boardwalk Hall and culminating at Steel Pier. The much anticipated Miss America "Show Us Your Shoes" Parade will be held on the famed Boardwalk on Saturday, September 12th. Other special events are being planned, and we will announce these events as they are confirmed.
As we begin to prepare for an outstanding competition, we are so pleased to know that we can count on you to make this year another tremendous success for our organization. We extend our sincere thanks and appreciation for your continued loyalty and support!
All the best,
Sam Haskell, III
Executive Chairman & CEO
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
- In addition, for the final night of Competition only, there will be changes to the judge's scoring and percentages. The new percentages will be as follows; 25% Composite, 10% Lifestyle and Fitness, 15% Evening Gown, 30% Talent and 20% Final Question plus, there will be no final ballot. These changes, ratified unanimously by our board, will not affect the 2015 State and Local Competitions, or the 2016 Miss America Competition preliminaries. (NT) -- No final ballot, 13:14:18 04/09/15 Thu
- will this also applying to local pageants for next years season?/ I have an early local and would like to know ASAP (NT) -- No name, 13:21:52 04/09/15 Thu
- What's the point of having the celebrity panel review the interviews if they will never factor into a young woman's score (at least, not supposed to0 (NT) -- No name, 13:46:28 04/09/15 Thu
- I wonder if people realize what a big deal this announcement is! No final ballot at Miss America!!! Hello! Isn't that what half the people on this board are always screaming for? (NT) -- No name, 14:55:39 04/09/15 Thu
- Thank you for posting, Jay. (NT) -- PageantGuru, 15:56:33 04/09/15 Thu
- Thank you lord Jesus! Little worried about ss only being 10 percent as usually the beauties are the ones that score high in SS, but hoping this will give us an overall WONDERFUL Miss America. It looks like they saw a change needed to be made after the 2015 pageant... (NT) -- No name, 16:01:19 04/09/15 Thu
- The scoring changes sound promising; thank you, MAO. (NT) -- Ima (Jean) Starall-Reddy, 16:24:18 04/09/15 Thu
- Are they going to still eliminate girls after each phase of competition? Cut after swimsuit, cut after talent, etc.? If so, swimsuit carries a lot more weight than it seems because if you aren't in the top 1/3 based on swimsuit + composite score, you don't stand to make it to the final 10. (NT) -- No name, 16:49:06 04/09/15 Thu
- I have a question. So if there will be no final ballot, will the SS, EG, and Talent scores still be thrown out when the top 5 is announced? Will the winner be based on the Final question? (NT) -- No name, 16:49:24 04/09/15 Thu
- I am rather pleased with these changes. I support the changes of percentages, and the dropping of the final ballot. My only concerns lays with the inconsistency between the local/state pageants, and the national pageant. Local/state girls will have final ballot, and OSQ counts less comparatively than other categories. Will this interfere with the preparedness of state titleholders when they make it to AC? (NT) -- No name, 17:07:09 04/09/15 Thu
- If I were a state ED, I would charge my judging panel with crowning a girl who had great talent, and OSQ, as SS won't be as big a factor. Great Interview goes without saying. (NT) -- No name, 17:27:55 04/09/15 Thu
- i think this is great wish it was in the state pageants for 2015 (NT) -- No name, 19:06:16 04/09/15 Thu
- When will this be released to press? (NT) -- No name, 20:35:43 04/09/15 Thu
- Newbie here. What were the percentages last year? (NT) -- No name, 22:22:39 04/09/15 Thu
- What are the percentages for the Expert Judges Panel for preliminaries to pick the top 15 ? (NT) -- No name, 08:04:02 04/10/15 Fri
- I would assume that those would remain the same as always, since no change is mentioned: Interview: 25% Talent: 35% EG: 20% SS: 15% and OSQ: 5%. (NT) -- No name, 10:48:44 04/10/15 Fri
- "These changes will not affect the 2015 State and Local Competitions, or the 2016 Miss America Competition preliminaries." Talent 35%, Interview 25%, Evening Gown 20%, SS 15%, OSQ 5%. If there are two or more contestants tied for a place in T15, they will break the tie by advancing the contestant with the highest score in talent, and if need be, on down line of the highest score in the next highest weighed competition (INT, EG, SS, OSQ) until they've broken the tie. (NT) -- No name, 11:22:09 04/10/15 Fri
- So in other words, the final ballot will be replaced by the 20% Final Question. Terrible! (NT) -- No name, 10:57:54 04/10/15 Fri
- Glad to see talent garnering such a high % again...this year's show should be great to watch as a TV viewer--no more red cups, dancers rolling on the floor and singers screeching off key--I hope! (NT) -- No name, 11:37:01 04/10/15 Fri
- You asked that they do away with the Final Ballot, and they did. Now, be thankful and express your appreciation. (NT) -- No name, 12:20:53 04/10/15 Fri
- i hope Kira doesn't feel like these changes are saying "this won't happen again." (NT) -- No name, 16:36:33 04/10/15 Fri
- I am a fan of the final ballot so I don't like to see it go. With that said, I do think this format will facilitate a more understandable outcome and that is a good thing. The format used from 1991 - 2003 was essentially the same. The percentages were different but I do not think the percentage will matter much. During those years, the contestant with the best on-stage question/answer usually became the winner. In those years - with composite scores counting 40%, the best on-stage interviwee always won. (NT) -- Tom Moletteire, 20:30:15 04/10/15 Fri
- Bumping for Ivana's review! (NT) -- No name, 00:17:14 04/14/15 Tue
- Have at it, Ivana. Do you think this is a step in the right direction? (NT) -- No name, 00:18:05 04/14/15 Tue
- So here's my problem with this 'scoring change' for finals. They say it doesn't affect Local and State competitions...locals all across the country had their winners chosen with the 'old' scoring method and states will be choosing the winner with the 'old' method - (final ballot). That's not right. Locals and States should be choosing their winners with the same criteria Miss America will be chosen. I know that's impossible for locals because they're already in the past. I just wish there was a way they could have been consistent so that everyone was using this method all year long. Sometimes the results could be very different. (NT) -- No name, 10:32:57 04/14/15 Tue