VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board - Unmoderated
Contestants and EDs: If you see erroneous information posted about you or your organization, please click on the Contact Forum Admin to have the data corrected.
State Websites Message Bds Official MAO Links Community
Miss America Judges
Miss America National Contestants
Miss America Groupings
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh
Class of 2015 in Press of Atlantic City
Tony Bowls Photo Shoot
America's Choice Videos

Subject: Vote for Miss America

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:16 08/15/14 Fri

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbsWAvMV4_8&list=PLfR3JsjKzC8SjihKDav2uPkfnLQgQUjBo

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: How was the Miss Pa pageant this year? Was Amanda Smith a clear winner? Thanks.

Author:
d...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:40:37 08/17/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Now that we've seen the selfie videos and pretty much vetted them all, I just have to say in general that I didn't like the entire 'selfie' concept. Do we really need a People's Choice Award anyway - for pointing a camera at ourselves? Just put the top 15 there who earned their way there and do away with the video nonsense all together. Especially the selfie thing.

Author:
Selfies don't relate to the entire Miss America audience.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:51:16 08/17/14 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Miss Delaware Send-Off

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:58:45 08/18/14 Mon

http://delaware.newszap.com/centraldelaware/134334-71/gallery-miss-delaware-2014-sendoff-party

Replies:
Subject: We have lost Passion Flowers as a sponsor.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:54:32 08/18/14 Mon

Just thought of it when I saw Nina with the huge bouquet.

Replies:
Subject: I want to encourage everyone who hasn't done so, to review the bios of the Miss America contestants as presented by Press of Atlantic City. They interviewed each contestant. The link is also at the top of the page.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:02:39 08/18/14 Mon

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/missamerica/contestants/miss-alabama-caitlin-brunell/article_c45fdf1e-06b0-11e4-8fa9-0019bb2963f4.html

Replies:
Subject: Now that all the headshots are up who are your top ten headshots?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:43 08/15/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: Miss West Virginia Send-off

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:13:23 08/18/14 Mon

http://www.wtrf.com/story/26294535/miss-west-virginia-holds-send-off-party-for-miss-america-pageant

Subject: Miss National Sweetheart 2014 Contestant Order

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:05:26 08/09/14 Sat

GROUP A

#1 MISSISSIPPI - LAURA LEE LEWIS
#2 IOWA - SERICA ROWLEY
#3 TEXAS - MADISON ADAMS
#4 NORTH DAKOTA - FAYE STROMBERG
#5 TENNESSEE - JACLYN TORRENTO
#6 WEST VIRGINIA - OLIVIA STAUBS
#7 ALABAMA - ELISABETH CHRAMER
#8 UTAH - ABBEY EYRE
#9 ALASKA - ZOEY GRENIER
#10 NEW HAMPSHIRE - HOLLY BLANCHARD
#11 PUERTO RICO - STEPHANIE RAMOS

GROUP B

#12 GEORGIA - TAYLOR VOYLES
#13 CONNECTICUT - ALEXANDRIA PUGLISI
#14 DIST OF COLUMBIA - AMELIA WOLF
#15 HAWAII - JEANNE KAPELA
#16 IDADO - KALIE WRIGHT
#17 ILLINOIS AMANDA GOERLITZ
#18 KENTUCKY - CLAIRE BUTLER
#19 DELAWARE - BROOKE MITCHELL
#20 COLORADO - CHELSI ROSE
#21 VERMONT - ALAYNA WESTCOM
#22 MINNESOTA - RACHEL LATUFF

GROUP C

#23 NEW MEXICO - MARISSA LIVINGSTON
#24 NEVADA - BAILEY GUMM
#25 OKALHOMA - GEORGIA FRAZIER
#26 WYOMING - JULIA KENDRIX
#27 LOUISIANA - KELLY BERNARD
#28 ARIZONA - HANNAH MORGAN
#29 OREGON - AUDRI ROUSSEAU
#30 MAINE - KATHERINE RUSHLAU
#31 KANSAS - JENNIFER SALVA
#32 FLORIDA - CHLOE LUPO
#33 CALIFORNIA - ASHLEY OTT

GROUP D

#34 RHODE ISLAND - ALEXANDRA CURTIS
#35 INDIANA - MORGAN JACKSON
#36 VIRGINIA - ELIZABETH MARTIN
#37 ARKANSAS - BAILEY MOSES
#38 NEW YORK - JAMIE LYNN MACCHIA
#39 WASHINGTON - MEGAN LEIBOLD
#40 NEBRASKA - RACHEL FOEHLINGER
#41 MASSACHUSETTS - CHARLENA KENNEDY
#42 WISCONSIN - CHELSEY WASIELEWSKI
#43 SOUTH DAKOTA - JADE POSSAIL
#44 MARYLAND - EBONY SHERRILL
#45 NEW JERSEY - DEVON VANDERSLICE

Friday - Groups A and B compete in Lifestyle & Fitness and Evening Wear while Groups C and D perform Talent

Saturday - Groups A and B perform Talent while Groups C and D compete in Lifestyle & Fitness and Evening Wear

Sunday - Finals

Replies:
Subject: Who is going to win the choice spot? The best video?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:55:08 08/15/14 Fri

Replies:
Subject: What's the code to embed a video.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:53:57 08/17/14 Sun

How do you get the video to be the clickable link?
Txs!

Replies:
Subject: Do I have a good top 5?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:50:44 08/15/14 Fri

Mississippi
Texas
Alabama
Oklahoma
Virginia

Replies:
Subject: Excited to see the wardrobes....

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:13:17 08/17/14 Sun

I am so looking forward to seeing all the Miss States' wardrobes in Atlantic City ... with Tony Bowls as the evening gown sponsor it will be especially nice to see the ladies decked out in their finery. I also enjoy seeing the glamorous outfits in the Boardwalk Parade! Just for fun, name your favorite gowns from past pageants. Mine would have to include Susan Akin's evening gown as well as the beautiful yellow gown worn by Jo Thompson, former Miss Texas!

Subject: EVENING GOWN FOR SALE. Size 4/6 never altered! Worn once! http://www.ebay.com/itm/171424195013

Author:
Asking $300 OBO! Email jocelynnjordan@yahoo.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:05:11 08/17/14 Sun

Subject: My thoughts on what the ladies should know for Interview

Author:
EbonyDiva
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:54:29 08/14/14 Thu

Marc Cherry: The man knows his Miss America history and you should too. Have an answer for equal pay for women.

Driver: Don't know much about him but dancers need to be sharp. Yes he was just on Dancing with The Stars but he learned technique so he knows something about it. The NBA just hired their first paid woman assistant coach. A little girl just led her all boys little league team to the little league world series.Donald Sterling! NFL suspending one player 8 games for weed and 3 games for a player who dragged his wife on camera after knocking her out.

Lee: Miss America so know everything.

General MacDonald: Know about the first woman high ranking General they just promoted. Know your world affairs and politics.

Shawn Johnson: Know about sports and Healthy living.

Kathy Ireland: Israel , Isis and the Palestine. You better know what's going on in this world.

Don't know much about the other guy. It would be beneficial for the contestants to talk to Caressa Cameron and Teresa Scanlon. Since some of these judges have judged when they competed.

Replies:
Subject: will the maot site have videos up again? they have this year only

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:57 08/17/14 Sun

Subject: Your favorite Miss America People's Choice videos of all-time?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:11:13 08/17/14 Sun

Watching all these videos makes me remember fondly all the ones from previous classes and my very favorite one ever, Caroline McGowan, Miss Oregon's take on the Old Spice commercial running at that time. So clever. Who is your favorite of all-time?

Replies:
Subject: This is just a reminder that there will be a trade show during Miss America. I know there have been some thinking it was not happening due to Trump closing but that is false, the hotel will close after we are gone. The show will run Wednesday to Friday from 10-5 and Saturday 10-3. This is a great place to find good deals on everything pageant and then some.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:30:47 08/14/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Perhaps Ernie or Tom (or anyone!) can answer this - In the history of the program, have we ever seen identical twins competing for a state/local title? A conversation on the radio prompted me to think about this. They weren't speaking about Miss America but I thought, "Wow, how cool would it be to have identical twins competing in the program." Thank you in advance!

Author:
lexis-PA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:32:25 08/12/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: This link for the videos also shows the updated headshots

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:08:07 08/15/14 Fri

http://www.missamerica.org/vote/default.aspx

Replies:
Subject: his is purely a FUN post about your state holder's individual style!

Author:
Please, please, PLEASE excuse any misspellings!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:28:58 08/12/14 Tue

When it comes to style, we all have been victims of the thought "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Let's face it - the MAO program brought popularity to that phrase! I always think about the girls in this program as future models or actresses (articulate, smart, and talented ones). What are some looks or trends (fashion, wardrobe, makeup, hair, or celebrity style) that you would LOVE to see your state titleholder try out? Whether it is before or after AC is irrelevant in this post!

I'm from the Carolinas, so I did both NC and SC...

I would love to see SC's Lanie Hudson with a modern "Farrah Faucet" with less feathering and more defined curls! Big ole bouncing hair would use her hair texture to her advantage and would frame her face nicely... I would love to see her so a softer eyebrow with less contouring on her nose as well (she absolutely doesn't need the dark contouring and an all-over highlighter would add a freshness to her nose and complexion). I would love to see her sport Studio 54's DVF inspired wardrobe pieces like leggy jumpsuits and wrap dresses (in tropical colors and prints, especially aqua and purple, rather than the brassy golds or burgundy tones that were popular then)... Paired with a coral color infused lipgloss, I truly think this could be a fun look for her to try out! I can't help but think of Selena Gomez at the 2013 teen choice awards wearing emerald and aqua together and fresh, dewy makeup! Lanie would be so fierce in that color combo!

Okay, next is my pick as a dark horse candidate: NC.

I have a long list of ideas for NC's gal, who is one of the state representatives that shines onstage even more than she does in pictures! That makes me think that her complexion can handle the lights on her hair - I think she could go brighter/blonder throughout her hair in order to outshine the rest in the sea of warm tone blondes in AC! Her eyebrows are currently a chocolate tone, but if she found a more ash blonde (brow whiz pencil or pomade from Anastasia of BH makes them in a beautiful color lighter blondes) it would elongate her face and forehead (dark eyebrows break up a big forehead like mine, so it would have the opposite effect on Beth). Her facial softness is so spectacular when she has a berry-toned gloss (like the night she won). I think the golden tones in her hair caused her to blend in more in FL and her tanned skin didn't show off her great face as much... She is a southern belle for sure, but MAC cosmetics could give her the pearlescent finish runway look that makes her stand out! Think Julianne Hough (hair color) at the LA premiere for Rock of Ages (adding feather soft looking baby doll lashes along with softer curls with movement)! Beth looked amazing in her gown at state (reminds me of the current Miss Utah USA and Amanda Seyfried) with gem tones in her wardrobe (deep aquas, pinks, blues, purples, reds, and even emerald) pieces would definitely set her apart in AC (and as a stage performer). Nudes are not my favorite on her because they do not match her personality... She is quietly confident with a feminine nature, however she should not be afraid to wear deep gemstone colors and make a statement! Look at the colors of her bouquet after crowning... The muted pink/red lip color and the green/red from the flowers POP beside her skin tone!

Other favored states:

CT - Gorgeous! Could be styled in streamline chic gowns/clothing like Taylor Swift (minus the bangs) on the red carpet. She looks the best in red, white, or blue with dewy makeup IMO!

Georgia - So personable and pretty! Would love to see her play up that juxtaposition with a black leather jacket mixed with lady like pencil skirts and bold lip colors! She looks like the all-American "it girl" to me!

California - Would love to see her channel (Miss Puerto Rico, later Miss Universe) Zuleika Rivera and Jennifer Colon (Miss PR World)! Exotic beauty is something that can turn obvious, so I would do a mauve/nude lip and wear red/white/silver/black clothing.

Texas - I'm so excited about this one! I like her hair best when it appears dark in pictures! She reminds me of Rebekah Revels and a young Catherine Zeta Jones. Would love to see her styled in chic/effortless gowns with architectural earrings and NYC sophistication. A high collar black gown would be breathtaking (with her hair pulled back and long emerald or ruby earrings) on her!

So, what do you think? What trends would you like to see the state winners try? We have some girls that walked the Atlanta runways, so this post was motivated by styling and a love for fashion!

This is in no way a negative post! Don't make it one!

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.