VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board
Pageant Guru Message Board

Please click on Contact Forum Admin link, above, to report any message that needs to be removed.
Not affiliated with any pageant system

State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community

Subject: For the pageant historians, have you ever know of a MJV, Helen, Marisol, or Shani calibre talent not making top ten? I ask because I recall Miss Montana of 1991, Jeni Ramseth winning a NFT but I never saw her talent. Does anyone remember her talent or others that didn't make top ten?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:30:40 01/17/16 Sun

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Phyllis George's Crowning Gown

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:27:42 01/23/16 Sat

I was recently watching the old video when Phyllis won and I noticed that she was crowned in her talent gown instead of her competition gown. Has that happened often?

Replies:
Subject: miss Boston looks like an interesting competition returnees, new to Mass contestants and talented newbies

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:22:16 01/04/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: With most local seasons in full swing now, I am looking ahead to this year's state pageants and would love to hear everyone's input on two things: 1. What does your state seem to look for in a winner? What seems most important etc? (name your state please) 2. Thinking about some of your personal favorite Miss States, what about them makes them your favorites? I am interested to know what your states value and what you value in a titleholder.

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:12:34 01/22/16 Fri

Subject: need opinions...what can a rookie do to prepare to win her state pageant on first try?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:28:06 12/15/15 Tue

Replies:
Subject: What was the outcome of this case?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:46 11/08/15 Sun

Lawsuit filed against Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization Inc.

Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:56 pm
by Matt Harvey, Assistant Managing Editor
CLARKSBURG — A Liberty High School alumna and her parents are suing the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization Inc., asserting the group falsely promised an in-kind scholarship as an award for winning 2013 Miss West Virginia Outstanding Teen.
Emily Lopez, 18, of Lumberport, and her parents, Shannon and James Lopez, assert they decided she would attend West Virginia Wesleyan College based on the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization’s promise of a $5,000 in-kind scholarship.
But upon entry to college, Ms. Lopez learned Wesleyan “did not agree with the defendant, Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization Inc., to provide a $5,000 in-kind scholarship,” Clarksburg attorney Greg Schillace claims in the lawsuit filed this week in Harrison County Circuit Court.
The Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization Inc. had a duty to properly advise “of true and accurate benefits of winning the competition’s operated by the defendant,” Schillace asserted.
An exhibit attached by Schillace and purportedly from the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization promised various in-kind scholarships at institutions around the state, including $30,000 from Wesleyan.
Although many students at Wesleyan receive scholarships that can cut the cost in half or better, room and board and tuition at the college is more than $35,000 a year.
Lopez is currently a student at Wesleyan, where Bernie Valento, vice president of enrollment management, said university officials “are confident she will flourish as a Wesleyan student.”
A Wesleyan spokeswoman declined further comment about the lawsuit, saying “it would be very inappropriate for our college to take any position on the matter.”
The lawsuit seeks compensatory damages, punitive damages, and damages for “annoyance, aggravation, and inconvenience.”
Schillace has requested a jury trial.
A phone message left Wednesday with Leah Summers, listed as executive director of the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization, wasn’t immediately returned.
The lawsuit against the Miss West Virginia Scholarship Organization has been assigned to Harrison Circuit Judge James A. Matish.

Replies:
Subject: Has anyone rented dresses from Rent the Runway? Were you pleased? was it worth it?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:26:04 01/17/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Has anything been announced regarding a 2016 Miss America Day of Service? Last year we were given little notice in my state and I'd like to get planning something.

Author:
Super busy out-of-state college student
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:23:25 01/16/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: pageants

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:42:24 01/15/16 Fri

I am from Washington State. I am looking for pageants to help me earn money for college. I already have contacted the Miss WA organization about an open pageant, but would like to learn about more. Are there any other known pageants that can help me with college costs? Preferably ones that have a very low entry fee or none at all?
I am a 17 year old senior and will be 18 in august if that helps.

Replies:
Subject: To all formers and current winners!

Author:
no name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:50:23 01/06/16 Wed

What type of food lifestyle did you develop during your pageant career? Vegan, paleo, Jenny Craig, your own concoction, or something else?

Replies:
Subject: Florida history

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:33:18 01/14/16 Thu

There is a Florida history at voy.com.242563 or at the message board FL listed above, for anyone interested in history

Replies:
Subject: Is it common for a local titleholder to have a Gofundme page for local preliminary pageant and also for state pageant to pay for expenses?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:52 01/14/16 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Could someone please verify for me that this is correct. A contestant who turns 24 in November would not be allowed to compete in a local the following year.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:00 01/10/16 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Talent

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:25:20 12/11/15 Fri

I am a classically trained ballerina. I want to perform a classical piece for my State Talent this year. I am looking for some feedback: Name some great ballet variations that score high and entertain the audience. At a crossroads..Esmeralda,Kitri,White Swan etc. Open for suggestions!!

Replies:
Subject: Miss NCOT models for Jonathan Kayne in Style 5007

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:01:23 01/11/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Contestant Eligibility

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:47:48 01/07/16 Thu

Is is against the rules of the Miss America Organization for a contestant to compete if her parent works for a sponsor of the state pageant?

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to the new Miss NJ Outstanding Teen, Nina Mojares

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:37:31 01/10/16 Sun

Miss NJ Outstanding Teen -- Miss Monmouth County Outstanding Teen
Nina Mojares
Hometown: Freehold
Platform: Building Resilient Communities: Youth Empowerment
Talent: Vocal

Replies:
Subject: Song help

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:24:25 01/11/16 Mon

Musical Creations does not have the song I am looking for for talent and can't get it. Am I out of luck? Wanting a song from the Newsies Broadway show but can't find it. Any help is appreciated!

Replies:
Subject:

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:56 01/11/16 Mon

Replies:
Subject: DEFINE launches Newsletter. This would be a good way to see what they are about, I think?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:34:34 12/28/15 Mon

DEFINE aggregates news from multiple sources, and provides summaries as well as sample interview questions on each topic. Start your week thinking through complex current events topics while also gaining applicable knowledge from our special additions each month, including fitness tips and recipe ideas, former titleholder features and best practices for sponsor, board, titleholder and parent relationship management.

Exclusive content is updated biweekly, accessed by a password-protected hyperlink delivered to your inbox beginning the 1st day of the month after purchase.

www.define-mmm.com/store

Replies:
Subject: Name badges: is there a national MAO vendor that provides name badges for local committees? We are a new board and are in need of them quickly did for our upcoming pageant. Thanks!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:33:19 01/09/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: Hey! Is there anywhere to find a detailed history of Miss America contestants back to 1926? I'm curious if there's a contestant list to be found anywhere from that year. Thanks!

Author:
Miss History
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:48 01/02/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: The issue of Miss America and the need for rebranding has been a topic that has been brought up a lot, and I'm curious of your opinions. What is the role of Miss America to you? Who is she and what is her purpose? What kind of appearances do you think she should be doing?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:48:28 01/02/16 Sat

Replies:
Subject: question

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:51 01/03/16 Sun

Can a new contestant compete in an open pageant? One that has never competed in the MAO program before? Or must you be a runner up or former titleholder?

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.