VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]

Pageant Guru Message Board
State Websites Social Media Message Boards Community
The Week Courtesy of Ernie Koneck
The Road to Miss America Board Courtesy of yrralh
Ascent from Obscurity by Lavern Cameron
Amazing Win, Amazing Loss: Miss America Living Happily, EVEN After by Angela Perez Baraquio
Being Miss America: Behind the Rhinestone Curtain by Kate Shindle

Subject: Just saw a picture with a girl as "Miss Kool-Aid Days." So kooky! What other kooky titles are there that go on to their respective state competitions?

Author:
Celia Fo'realia
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:09:31 10/14/14 Tue

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: The master message of the chat with Kate Shindle is in the archives so that it may be maintained as is. I do want to discuss some of her answers.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:20 10/09/14 Thu

Replies:
Subject: Has there ever been a time in the history of a Miss America that she got tired of the position and relinquished her crown to a successor before her year ended? Just wondering. Thanks!

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:14:13 10/11/14 Sat

Replies:
Subject: What was the title of the book that was sold at the Trade Show by Caressa Cameron's mom?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:36:37 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I LIKE OLD SCHOOL FORMAT

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:31:43 10/15/14 Wed

Top 10 in swimsuit, gown, talent and then announce top 5. Q & A and announce runners up and winner. It's simple, it works.

Replies:
Subject: 5.5.8 has been added to this section

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:09:17 10/14/14 Tue

5.5 Appointment of the Miss Organization as Exclusive Agent and Representative. Commencing with my selection as Miss and throughout my Year of Service and until my successor is selected or appointed, I irrevocably constitute and appoint the Miss Organization as my sole and exclusive agent, representative and attorney-in-fact with the authority to:

5.5.1. act for me and in my interests throughout the world for the making of all press releases or other public statements to the media;

5.5.2. sign, make, execute and deliver all contracts in my name in connection with my business or other affairs as Miss during my Year of Service, whether they be contracts for my performance at theatrical, artistic or commercial engagements or other personal appearances, and undertake commitments in my name for the satisfaction of my obligations pursuant to those contracts;

5.5.3. sign, make, execute and deliver all contracts in my name in connection with any appearances or other obligations which are related to my service as Miss which are to be fulfilled after the completion of my Year of Service, provided that I have consented in writing to the terms of such contracts;

5.5.4. determine the appropriate compensation that I shall receive for appearances or other activities related to my Year of Service.

5.5.5. collect and receive for and on my behalf all proceeds, monies or other compensation that is due or to become due to me by reason of any performance, service, appearance, engagement or contract;

5.5.6. choose and designate my Tour Manager(s);

5.5.7. select the appropriate modes of public or private transportation for me and my Tour Manager(s), including the determination of the appropriate levels of travel service; and

5.5.8 determine the best method of preparing me for the next level of competition. I understand that the organization does not endorse nor promote the use of individuals nor businesses who act as pageant coaches, etc., whether they are paid or offer services at no charge. I agree to work with my organization and refrain from the use of pageant coaches in preparing me for competition.

Replies:
Subject: Victoria Valentine, Miss Montana - Special guest for Sheridan Electric annual meeting

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:08:49 10/15/14 Wed

Replies:
Subject: I would like to learn about the most successful local pageant in each state and why it is successful? Scholarships? Long term volunteers? Community Support? REcruiting strategy? State pageant success? All of it with details. Perhaps then some new or older locals who lost enthusiasm could read about some best practices and adopt them thereby strenghtening the program from the bottom up. Anyone want to start?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:41:41 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: what former maot are expected to compete next year

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:34 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: I don't know if someone has pointed this out yet but there's a Wikipedia page already for next year's pageant and it's claiming that Belize will send a representative to compete. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:22:11 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss Alaska

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:17:04 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Miss America Scholarships - In the News

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:22:44 10/04/14 Sat

http://time.com/3418349/john-oliver-miss-america-pageant-scholarships/

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/john-oliver-blasts-miss-america-over-scholarship-claims-on-last-week-2014229

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2014/09/john-oliver-skewers-scholarship-claims

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/satirist-john-oliver-blasts-miss-america-scholarship-claims-20140924-10l6vp.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreilly/2014/09/26/scholarships-do-not-make-beauty-pageant-a-charity/

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2014/09/the_miss_america_scholarship_sham_editorial.html

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Brooke Ludemann, Miss Kool-Aid Days

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:04:43 10/14/14 Tue

Replies:
Subject: Great Prelim coverage from Miss America 2015. Based on Miss MS and Miss LA but includes all prelim winners and other things

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:18:41 10/06/14 Mon

Replies:
Subject: To answer some questions

Author:
lexis-PA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:39:23 10/14/14 Tue

Someone had posted a question asking if I was coming back to MAO Class Updates. I posted a response but that was the same night as Kate's chat so it was pushed back.

I have not abandoned MAO Class Updates and my absence has been unintentional. Before I left for Miss America this year, I made a significantly large job change. I was at my previous job for 4 years and it thankfully allotted me a lot of time to work on MAO Class Updates. With my new job, I unfortunately don't have that privilege. So as I'm getting settled into my new career, I'm trying to find a place to fit MAO Class Updates in my life. I definitely don't want to give it up so I'm pushing really hard to get into a routine so I can put aside time to work on the page. Also, I just went under contract to buy my first home and I'm (hopefully) closing November 14th so with that added on my plate I've had to put it on a back burner for the time being. In addition, I won't be competing in USA this year. I like behind the scenes better. :)

I just wanted to let you all know what was going on and let you know that I'm not planning to let MAO Class Updates go anytime in the near future. It (and you) have been great to me. I feel horrible for my absence but sometimes life gets in the way. Thank you all for understanding and thank you for thinking of me and know that I have not forgotten about you!

Replies:
Subject: Can we go back to why we are not allowed to work with coaches?

Author:
No name
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:36:14 10/13/14 Mon

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12[3]4567 ]
Free Hit Counter
Saks Fifth Avenue Coupon
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.