VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:04
Author: Rishikesh - 25 Aug 2002
Subject: Swami Satyananda Giri
In reply to: Bill - 25 Aug 2002 's message, "Re: New Version - Biography of a Yogi" on 08:02

>>> also they make no mention of Satyananda anywhere in their writings. <<<

SRF not making any reference to Swami Satyananda does not reduce his stature in any possible way.

I think he is mentioned very briefly in Mejda. Otherwise he has been simply written out of kriya history like many others.I remember reading a book " Paramahansa Yogananda in Memoriam" .The page at the beginning of the chapter 'Memorial services in India' has a picture of a condolence meeting held in Calcutta. He is sitting on the dais towards left, just in front of Bishnu Ghosh but his name is not mentioned in the credits. People like "Sanat Kumar Chatterjee, Calcutta merchant" are mentioned but no due is given to the boyhood friend of Paramahansaji.

He used to refer to Paramahansa Yogananda as "my Sakha Guru " - a friend and Guru , but he seems to have been initiated into kriya thrice - by Bhagabati Ghosh , Hangsa Swami Kebalananda and Swami Sri Yukteswar Giriji Maharaj.

Paramahansa Yogananda did refer to him as "my disciple" but from what I have heard this error was rectified in later edition (not sure) - now his name is simply deleted

I believe Swami Satyananda is held in high regard among the traditional kriyabans in Bengal. During a visit to 4,Garpar Road Sri Harekrishna Ghosh spoke of them with a certain respect.

All these differences of "I" "Me" and "Mine" don't seem to exist there.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.