VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:21
Author: ketch-12Jun02
Subject: Re: Huh???
In reply to: andre-11Jun02 's message, "Re: Huh???" on 08:19

The attainments of Sădhană should not be discussed with anyone except the Guru. Even if something is perceived in dreams, it needs only to be discussed with the Guru.

From Kriya Yoga Vijnan by Swami Nityananda Giri. Copyright YogaNiketan.

This is such a well known spiritual rule that there seems little point in providing many other quotations to support my point. It is well known in the path of Kriya Yoga, for example you will find SRF (and other) monastics reluctant to discuss their experiences.

What do you know of how long I have been on the path? How would you know that "those who have been on it longest rarely write of their experiences"? Have you gone and conducted a survey of this? Who are you to establish the rules of proper conduct regarding the sharing of experiences with others?

These are not my rules but well established spiritual rules which are observed by most, and for good reason.
I know how long you have been on the path as I remember you boasting about your initiation into Kriya and the results you claimed to have achieved. You received Kriya only a few years ago. Please correct me if this is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with that. Everyone has to make a start somewhere, but the fact remains that there are many others on this board who have been on this path for much longer than you. Some have been practicing Kriya since before you were born. This is not in any way meant to be condescending or patronising. You may well be a good and sincere Kriyaban, but so are many others. Other people are entitled to their opinions. We are not all going to accept your claimed experiences as proof of Paulsens greatness.

Paulsen is a public figure and we are entitled to discuss him. If you don't like that, or you consider it a waste of time then you do not have to come here. It is not compulsory. However it is hypocritical to say that others should be spending their time in sadhana instead of criticising Paulsen, when you are doing exactly the same in criticising us.

As for your supposed experiences concerning Paulsen, they are completely worthless for the purpose of discussion however subjectively convincing they may appear to you. Anyone can make such claims about anyone. For the purpose of this board I prefer to stick with verifiable facts.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.