VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:19
Author: andre-11Jun02
Subject: Re: Huh???
In reply to: ketch-11Jun02 's message, "Re: Huh???" on 08:18

I didnt say that everyone here is caustic and prone to hurling insults, but you specifically are one of those that does so frequently. And yes, I admit I fall victim to that failing from time to time as well.
What surprises me is that even though you do this, you are quick to jump with your sword of justice upon others who sometimes express themselves similarly.

"It is a fact that on these message boards those who boast of their supposed spiritual experiences tend to be newcomers to this path. Those who have been on it for longest rarely write of their experiences. There may be exceptions but this holds true as a general rule."

To boast about ones spiritual experiences to me implies someone who tells about it from a feeling of wanting to show others how special he is. Again, this was not my motive. You seem to delight in assuming always a low and selfish purpose to what I say when it goes against your own concretely established opinion.

What do you know of how long I have been on the path? How would you know that "those who have been on it longest rarely write of their experiences"? Have you gone and conducted a survey of this? Who are you to establish the rules of proper conduct regarding the sharing of experiences with others? Your statement here is very contrived and I feel you do not know what you are talking about. I didnt go into the details of said experience, but I did express the understanding that the experience left me with.

"the implication being that you are so much more advanced than everyone else that you have received the true message regarding Paulsen."

This is not my motive but I see that this is the way in which you have chosen to interpret my motive. Again you have used the words "everyone else". I dont agree that everyone else believes like you that Norman is a fraud so why do you delusively ally your opinion to that of "everyone else"?

To know the truth about Paulsen is not a question of being more or less advanced, but simply to lay aside irrational scepticism coupled with a deeply personal dislike of the man (for whatever reason) and instead to take up the investigation with an impersonal attitude and an open heart and mind. As Ive pointed out the real answer will only come if you pray deeply enough to receive the truth from God. But for that you have to lay aside your hatred of Paulsen. Looks like this is something you are unable/unwilling to do. If you have the right attitude you can reach this supposed level of advancement in a second.

Its unfortunate to see that somebody who professes to follow the quest for truth become so bogged down in arguing about the validity of a particular path or teacher. When you follow the quest with the right attitude you are not hampered by your self-created clouds of doubt and hatred and details such as the true nature of another's heart are easily revealed. Again I see that you will interpret this as me feeling I am superior to you. I tell you that it is your own feeling that makes you think so. I personally dont feel that Im better than you, but I do feel that I have been shown the truth about Norman. I still fail to see why this makes me appear as though Im better in any way. Answer = it makes me appear this way to you because this is what you are choosing to see in my words.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.