VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]56789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:29
Author: anonymous-14Jun02
Subject: Re: Definitely and necessarily racist
In reply to: ketch-12Jun02 's message, "Re: Definitely and necessarily racist" on 22:25

"Why have you introduced the concept of "spiritual worth"? This is an undefined concept which cannot be objectively measured. Paulsen refers to genetic modifications. This is clearly a physical matter, not a spiritual one. You are simply trying to confuse the issue."

Racism is at heart a negation of the spiritual worth of a people, which may be based on a dislike of their physical appearance but often also cultural expression. Spiritual worth may not be able to be measured, but I wouldnt go so far as to say it is an undefined concept. Spiritual worth is the recognition of the fact that as human beings we all exist together and have our origins from the same Intelligence/Creator.

"Let me repeat, "a better brain and stronger physical body". What is this saying if not that the new GM human races are superior to the pre-existing hu-man creature? Indeed if a superior specimin was not produced then what was the point of carrying out these modifications?"

I think you're shooting blanks here. Suppose we take a look at human evolution from the traditional scientific viewpoint that we evolved from ape-like predecessors. Wouldnt you say that in the same way the humans of today have better brains and bodies than hundreds of thousands of years ago? That the human of today is a fitter and clearer vehicle for the manifestation or rather revelation of consciousness? Just as the vedic scripture explains; that the atma is first expressed through inert matter, evolves through gradual higher manifestations as plant and animal life, then human life and finally as the saint. Where is there racism in any of this?

"Do you agree with Paulsen's claim that certain races have "a better brain and stronger physical body" as a result of genetic improvements. Do you agree with Paulsen that the inferior races such as the "Aborigines of Australia, the natives of New Guinea, South America and Africa" are so backward that it "would require at least another two or three million years for natural evolution to produce from them the modern Homo Sapiens of today"?"

Your question, for one thing, is poorly phrased. I cant concretely agree with Norman since Divinity has not chosen to reveal to me those truths about the origins of humanity (yet). What I can do is say that I take what he says with an open mind and agree to the possibility of it being true since logically it explains certain differences between races of the world today. What is interesting is that for me to admit this you are probably going to label me racist as well. Let me repeat, racism is something entirely different from an impersonal investigation into the origins of humans and the reporting of ones findings and theories. For example, Hitler considered jews and pretty much any races other than the aryans to be inferior but it was his hatred of these differences which he considered inferior and therefore unworthy of existence that made him wage murder on them.
You appear to consider a thoughtful study of the obvious differences among races of the world today as to the nature of these differences and the story of their origins as an exercise in racism. I think you dont know what racism really is or rather you have no clear-cut understanding of what it is not.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.