VoyForums

Fri, November 24 2017, 10:50:48VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]89 ]

Visit War Stories! at  www.war-stories.com
War Stories! is an Awards winning family-rated site with over 19 million visitors, and averaging 6,700+ hits daily.
Please visit War Stories BB Rules, Disclaimers, and Guidelines prior to posting a message or response.

Comments to:
Patrick Camunes,
War Stories' Bulletin Board Webmaster!

Return to War Stories!

• Evans Nine -- Tommie Glenn, Mon, September 19 2005, 13:23:43 (208.188.83.93)
    I am trying to find out some information about "Evans Nine" -- related to Camp Evans sometime between 1970 and 1971 (I believe there was a story in Time magazine). If you can lead me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate any help or information you may have.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• WELCOME HOME -- Charles Murawski, Mon, February 06 2006, 17:52:47 (68.45.113.137)
    I was with C-Troop 2nd PLT 1/4 CAV April 67 - April 68.Would like to hear from troopers from the 1/4 cav 2nd plt or any trooper from the squadron at that time i was there.Can be contacted at trooper6768@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Bien Hoa explosion May 1965 William Thomas Crawford USAF -- Angie Jones, Mon, October 03 2005, 20:20:44 (66.112.85.22)
    Hi, I am looking for anyone that may have information on the Bien Hoa explosion (May 1965) and my Great-Uncle William Thomas Crawford USAF. He was a mechanic and I believe he had just gotten off duty when the explosion occurred. He went back to help and was killed. Does anyone remember him? I've been told he hadn't been stationed there for very long. He was from Windsor, Missouri and was married with 3 young sons. Any info would be great!! angie29_2005@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for 1st Bn, 5th Mech 25th Inf 1968 Cu Chi -- D.Lester, Sat, November 12 2005, 19:53:19 (68.159.118.226)
    I'm trying to help a priest, Fr. Robert Falabella, a decorated Vet Chaplain, contact some soldiers he served with. Many of the guys have found each other but so far they have been unable to locate one "Wally Nelson", who was the Chaplain's assistant.
    Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

God Bless our veterans.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• looking for bret -- ana formento, Sun, January 29 2006, 8:19:26 (200.68.250.37)
    i am looking for bret i knew him in brazil , praia do rosa in january 2006, he is tall, blonde, and goodlooking man , he is 25 years old,he is from australia but not from sydney he was in brazil surfin, but he likes kitesurf too. i like to find him if you know someone like this please write me thanks a lot i realy appreciate your work

[ Edit | View ]

• Search for MIA's -- wayne gregory, Fri, January 27 2006, 16:32:50 (209.240.205.60)
    Article from the Az. Republic, 1/15/06. A reflection by a Tech Sgt. on his trip to Vietnam in search for clues on the 1,800 MIA's still missing. "The first day we went out to the first site, we landed on a landing zone and I got off that chopper and looked around, and all you could see is this green lush jungle canopy and huge hills. I cannot imagine getting off a helicopter, being under fire with a 50lb pack on my back and to have to fight my way down through the jungle to an objective that somebody who hadn't been there told me to get. 'Very Humbling.'

The Tech Sgt. went on to say he was awed at the thought of the Vietnam combat veterans, some of whom were drafted, fighting in such formidable conditions. The Tech Sgt. is from the 944th Fighter Wing, 302nd Fighter Squadron, stationed at Luke AFB. (Air Force Reserve Wing) The Tech Sgt. is a veteran of the Persian Gulf War.

[ Edit | View ]

• DA Nang attack on aircraft July 1 1965 -- William murnane, Thu, January 19 2006, 16:54:16 (24.128.208.208)
    Anyone remember this incident?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• VIETNAM SERVICE MEDALS -- Dawne, Wed, January 11 2006, 10:38:38 (64.75.69.2)
    To all who served in the Vietnam war and recieved service medals, if you could be so kindly in responding what exactly your medal is and what it stands for as well as what it meands to you know and what it meant to you before when you first recieved it. Thank you very much and i look forward to hearing from a mjaority of you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• FLAG -- Anthony Palk, Mon, January 23 2006, 18:00:18 (65.191.76.42)
    I am requesting an american flag be placed to honer Bobby Lee Palk, Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

• I'm sorry..... -- Thomas Zoblisien, Fri, December 23 2005, 10:51:02 (204.34.170.50)
    Spc Charles Lamb,
    Camp Seitz, Iraq
    Sept. 05,2004
    I was there the day you died... I watched in horror as your life drifted quickly away. I could of helped you but, I could not move. I am sorry.. I had the medical training, but something happened to me. I dont know why you died and I did not... I was closer to the mortor then you. Although I only worked with you a few times, I felt that you were somehow like myself when I was in the Army. This I can never say enough. I am sorry for your death... It should have never been.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Dawne -- Need Nurses or Reporters, Wed, January 11 2006, 9:01:40 (64.75.69.2)
    I would like if there were any nurses or reporters to reply back to me about the Vietnam and how they felt about it. I have many vets doing this as well. Im still working on my english project and i have to get other point of views from a few nurses and reporters besides the Vets. thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Adding a Rose -- Patricia L. Rocklein, Tue, January 17 2006, 11:52:15 (70.120.191.50)
    I am writing on behalf of Edward Lynn La Barr who died on July 29th, 1967. Panel Location: 24E 031. I am requesting a rose placed beside his name. His younger brother Kevin La Barr was my school mate at St. Anne's; Brentwood, NY. I still remember how much Kevin missed his brother. Though I never heard Kevin speak of it, you could see it in his face. I remember his brief nod if someone asked him about his brother and nothing more. There was a sadness that dampened Kevin's usually upbeat demeanor. It changed who Kevin was forever. So, for Kevin's sake I would like to honor his brother.
    Sincerely, Patricia l. Francis(Rocklein)

[ Edit | View ]

• Re: Co. C 18th Engr. Bde. 864th Engineer Battalion (Pacemakers) Whiskey Mtn. -- W. REITER, Sun, January 15 2006, 13:46:55 (63.26.80.42)
    SERVICE WITH HQ 864TH

[ Edit | View ]

• Thank You -- Nathan Kraft, Sun, January 08 2006, 9:15:30 (69.235.141.151)
    I just wanted to say that bieng an 14 year old punk kid with high dreams of becoming an officer in the Marine Corp. (Been set on it for 3 years now, getting an Engineering degree,) I have read Every single story on this page. The funny ones, the sad ones, and the poetic ones. I couldnt imagine what it is like to have bullets pinging and slamming all around, or the fear that the next morter has got ur name on it. (infact the Closest thing to an actual War Experience was a 7 hour scenario paintball game based in WWII) The only thing I could do is try to change peoples minds at my school, that war Isn't pointless. That the men who have valiently (did I spell that right?) and couragously (haha. I cant spell) fought in battle, and lost there lives, as well as risked their lives was not a shamefull waiste. I also thank all of you whom have givin their lives to the service, and still allow the protester to burn the flag (from my favorite story, Freedom Isnt Free) I may seem like Im just glorified about war, which in some ways I am, but I try to be more. To spare your lives another five minutes of my rambling, Thank You all.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Navy Seals -- michelle, Wed, January 11 2006, 12:36:52 (70.128.182.137)
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of or served uner the Navy Seals Team 3 in Vietnam. PLEASE HELP!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• M/3/9-60 Mortars -- Johnson, Tue, January 10 2006, 18:03:26 (4.153.35.154)
    Operation Kentucky - 04 May 1968
    Need to find you guys. Email me.

[ Edit | View ]

• Locator -- Sam Leatherwood, Sun, January 08 2006, 16:01:21 (152.163.100.137)
    I serverd with 1st Division 5th Marines Bravo co. 2nd platoon from January 1968 to 1969.
    Am looking for any member of my platoon who was at Hue City during the Tet-Offensive, also looking for any Marine who was there that helped dig me out from a building that collasped on me from an explosion while we were under attack.
    Please e-mail me Semper-Fi

Also looking for a team member named Townsend,and corpseman who treated him.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Veterans of Vietnam Needed for School Project -- Dawne, Sat, January 07 2006, 11:39:10 (141.149.98.204)
    I would very much so appreciated if the Veterans of Vietnam could share some of their stories with me. My class and I just got done reading Tim O'Brien's "The Things They Carried" and now each and everyone of us are doing a certain project for our English class. My project is to explore various e-mail sites that Veterans of Vietnam have posted their stories, so that I may be able to reflect and write a response. If you have a Vietnam story and would like to share it with me please feel free to do so. Thank you very much.

[ Edit | View ]

• Heros of Koh Tang Beach -- Bridget Fernandez, Tue, December 27 2005, 11:30:39 (205.188.116.197)
    I'm looking for some advice or comments from anybody. I recently read The Last Battle by Ralph Wetterhahn. This story is one that has not received the proper recognition it's deserved. Most of all,the three marines that were left on the island during all the chaos, who were later executed only recieved the purple heart. These men covered their fellow soldiers being extracted on the choppers, saving countless lives, never retreating. They were heros and fought til the end. All the men who participated that day were heros, but to me these three men, Danny G. Marshall, Joseph Hargrove, and Gary Hall have not recieved their propper recognition for what they gave that day.
    Does anybody have any advice on who to contact or what actions to take? I would appreciate any advice or comments.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• vietnam authors needed -- nikki lenderman, Mon, December 26 2005, 13:35:22 (68.221.181.27)
    I'm doing research for an author writing on the Vietnam War and I'm looking for fellow authors to help in selling her book. I'm looking for authors who have, or can help direct me to newsletters and websites. Please email me if you'd be willing to help in any way. This is my first time doing anything like this and any help would be most appreciated.
    Thank you all very much,
    Nikki Lenderman

[ Edit | View ]

• For your research -- Jim Akers, Sun, December 25 2005, 8:46:31 (64.12.116.137)
    My division was the one the movie "Forrest Gump" used as his unit, the 9th Infantry Division. Please visit my site that is dedicated to all those that served in the 6th/31st, 9TH Infantry. I served in the 3rd platoon, Charlie Company from October 1968- August 1969. We operated out of "Firebase Moore" and "Dong Tam" mainly.

http://clikpix.tripod.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• my father -- edward d. keenan, Wed, December 21 2005, 0:19:56 (12.210.229.67)
    i know who my father is ... i have met him and he has admitted in a round about way.. he has even given me pictures of his , our family. my question is can i at this late a date get any testing done legaly to prove beyond a resonable doubt. i am willing but unsure if he is as i am 47 yrs old and have had no support or real contact with him over the years. i met him once 10 yrs ago at his house. what are my options a to z THANK YOU IN ADVANCE..

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking Nam 67-68; 4th Division -- Roger Propst, Tue, December 20 2005, 11:10:27 (66.42.205.4)
    Anyone know of Lt. Robert McKeon...1st platoon leader. 2nd/8th..4th Inf. division. Between June 67 and June 68.. If I recall he was from Boston. Best damn LT in the army.

http://www.geocities.com/drpropst

[ Edit | View ]

• oasis 1867 -- Roger Moore, Thu, November 03 2005, 18:52:11 (152.163.100.137)
    Would like to hear from anyone that was at the oasis in 1967 ans saw two men step on a land mine,one was killed and i think the other one died later. Or saw a mess sargent get blowed up by a gernade that went off under his truck seat.

Thank you
    Roger

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Renalcellcarcinoma -- Peggy Long, Fri, December 16 2005, 18:49:19 (70.240.214.1)
    My husband passed away in April 2003 with diagnosed renalcellcarcinoma. He was diligent about the fact that he believed he had obtained this disease through a slow growing result of agent orange in Vietnam. He was more convinced as he had to visit the treatment centers and find more and more of these patients that had also served. He was too ill to fight about it and I did not know anything at the time. I filed and reported what he had said but they were adverse to the fact that Vietnam had anything to do with this type of cancer. I have been denied any benefits and really could use them for my two children and myself. If there any statistics or findings that could help me re-represent my case, I would truly appreciate it.
    Thank You,
    Peggy

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• we never served -- SGT/ DAVID M. SANDERS SR., Sat, December 17 2005, 2:04:12 (209.112.208.65)
    patrick i am trying to locate any reference to a special opps unit that operated out of quang tri and i think they had a base camp in thua thien they operated mostly in laos and cambodia with arvn special forces and mungs the had a civilian american proably cia who spoke excellent french and vietnamese plus a half dozen dialects of laotion and cambodian i got wounded in laos 1968 and owe my life to this team i never got to thank them for pulling me out as i drifted in and out of consiousness all i remember is the names paul goswick and ian mcfarland if any body out there knows them please contact me via email sanders66920032003@yahoo.com thank you great site for all the vets welcome home D.

[ Edit | View ]

• new e-mail address -- Joan Cox, Thu, December 15 2005, 7:56:36 (66.214.76.36)
    Don,
    I have a new e-mail address which should be updated on the story...Dad I'll Meet you at the Wall. How are you? Merry Christmas....
    Joan

[ Edit | View ]

• I need war-leters from Vietnam -- Mr. Sugar - Vietnamese journalist, Thu, December 15 2005, 2:19:24 (203.160.1.42)
    Dear all veterans!

I am a Vietnmese Journalist

Perhaps, You don not know about current hot-books in Vietnam.

Diaries written by medical doctor Dang Thuy Tram and student-soldier Nguyen Van Thac, who sacrificed their lives during the Vietnam war, have become the best-sellers in 20 years with over 250,000 copies sold out in a market of an over 80 million population.

So, I have an ambitios plan that need your help. I started collecting the war-letter from Vietnam war which were written by American young sodiers in Vietnam, to gather them in a book.

Fisrtly, do you have any letters, and are you wiiling to reveal them to me?

If you don not have, you can introduce other veterans to me?

This work is both so meaning and useful
    Thank so much!
    Please: email to me at ngosugar@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

• JARHEAD: A Film Review -- Don Poss, Sat, November 05 2005, 21:33:08 (68.235.196.147)
    As a rule, I don’t write Movie Reviews. I am not a Film Critic, but I know what I like and don’t like. Tonight I saw the film, "JARHEAD". I remember when we Vietnam Vets came home from the war, and the films rolling out then branded us 'baby killers', 'psychos', 'deranged', and worse. I thought filmmakers were beyond that and had learnt lessons from that war to be applied to wars of today and beyond.

"JARHEAD" is based on Anthony Swofford's (former marine) book about his own Desert Storm tour in Arabia and Kuwait. Swofford writes, “…the book’s not anti-Marine Corps, nor am I.” I wonder if Director Sam Mendes actually read the book before directing it into an anti-Marine anti-war movie?

The movie "JARHEAD" is held together only in the fact that each celluloid frame follows another. No plot of merit comes forth. No redeeming human qualities. No insightfulness as to the meaning of war or human folly. The only consistent theme achieved is the branding of every marine who served in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as certifiably insane-losers, unworthy of loyalty of significant-others, or the gratitude of the nation.

Every marine is portrayed by Mendes as a loser, which makes it okay to imply every Air Force aircraft pictured was a fly-by strafing of marines. Every marine’s girl is a cheating bimbo capable of sending him a videotape of her ‘encounter’ with another man. That portrayal is degrading to every wife, husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, true and supporting of a warrior at war.

Director Sam Mendes: shame on you for directing this diseased-boil of a disjointed film, so disassociated from realty, and purposefully belittling and slandering the memory of the men and women who fought decisively, with valor, and honor, in Gulf War I.

Like I said, I am not a Film Critic, but, I would sooner kiss Jane Fonda than recommend JARHEAD to anyone.

Don Poss,
    Webmaster,
    http://www.war-stories.com War-Stories, and
    http://www.vspa.com Vietnam Security Police Assn., Inc (USAF)

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Co A, 2/5 Cav, 1st Cavalry Division (Vietnam) -- Alonzo Jones, Wed, December 14 2005, 16:38:05 (204.116.12.134)
    Looking for all Apache Troopers who served with Co A, 2/5 Cav, 1st Air Cav Div (Vietnam) assigned or attached. Our Company A REUNION will be 14-16 July 2006, San Antonio, TX. For information, contact me: (423) 663-3317; Jones25_1Cav@Highland.Net

[ Edit | View ]

• Vietnam vets of 1/50 (M) INf. -- Rigo Ordaz, Wed, December 14 2005, 7:41:58 (209.240.205.60)
    Looking for vets of the 1/50th (M) Inf. that served in Nam. Go to Message board http://www.voy.com/198171/

[ Edit | View ]

• Research help -- Jennifer Reade, Fri, October 28 2005, 2:35:43 (213.40.3.65)
    My name is Jennifer Reade and I am in my final year of studying a history degree at Glasgow University. I am currently researching a dissertation based on racism in the U.S. army during the Vietnam War. I have constructed a questionnaire that I am hoping to issue to veterans and wonder if there are any former vets out there who would be willing to spare a few moments to fill out my questionnaire? I would sincerely appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Jennifer.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Daughter of Sgt. Richard Lee Strange -- Jack Reed, Sun, December 04 2005, 13:55:16 (4.242.192.115)
    I am posting this message in hopes that I may make contact with the daughter of Sgt. Richard Lee Strange, Golf Co. 2d Bn. 1st Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division,who was kia 6-25-66. Gary Ortner, who does not have a computer, would like to share the story of her father whom she never knew.Thank You. Jack Reed Ctrp 3/4 Cav 3d Bde 25th ID.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Paul W. Warren -- Lola Warren, Thu, December 01 2005, 21:02:58 (67.129.208.223)
    I'm looking for anyone who served with my late husband, Paul W. Warren, in Vietnam from 1967-1968. He was with the 69th Signal Support Unit. He may have went by the nickname of "Butch".

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• DADS AT WAR -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 12:16:07 (4.244.78.223)
    DAD

Where would I be without you dad?
    My hero of night and day
    I'm so glad you love my mother,
    And take time for us each day.

The last time we played baseball,
    You reached for me with your hand.
    I looked at you, then made a wish,
    That I might be just half the man.

I love my father of this earth,
    And I love my father of heaven.
    It's a lot for me to love, you know,
    For I’m only eleven.

Mom and I sure miss you,
    Since you left to defend our flag.
    When others ask, where is your dad?
    I can't help but boast and brag.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• D-DAY -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 12:12:21 (4.244.78.223)
    D-DAY

D-Day raised the curtain on the conflict
    That fore shadowed the end of Hitler's dream.
    The largest joint combat landing ever,
    Though the blood from both sides flowed like a stream.

When their boats hit the sand, their ramps went down,
    And all within paid a visit to hell.
    They jumped out to do good for their country,
    And to kill the enemy without fail.

They fought the Germans, tides, winds and the waves,
    In conditions not easily foreseen.
    By night the battle was in our favor,
    With bravery, valor, death, and men who scream.

The corpses littered the beach for five miles,
    Though heroism had carried the day,
    With literally thousands dead or wounded,
    Those who were left were determined to stay.

They faced great odds and chose not to protest,
    And won the war that put evil to shame.
    Most came home, married and raised their babies,
    But those who could not we recall with pain.

[ Edit | View ]

• korea 1950 -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 12:00:41 (4.244.78.223)
    KOREA 1950

UN soldiers fought and were forced to retreat
    Behind sandbags protected by barbwire hoops.
    Many GI's died as they held off attacks,
    By 810,000 Communist troops.

Our guys used phosphorus, flame-throwers and napalm,
    For without these weapons they could not survive.
    The Communist charges led by buglers,
    Till the UN could start it's offensive drive.

On the battlefield of death and misery
    Many froze with their hands still stuck to their guns.
    While others hobbled with their boots wrapped in rags,
    City boys, farmers, students, fathers and sons.

With a million and a half dead or wounded,
    Both sides singed a truce before generals involved.
    July 27th, 1953,
    And though thousands were orphaned, nothing was solved.

[ Edit | View ]

• THE WALL -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:52:41 (4.244.78.223)
    BULLETS AND BARB WIRE

We awoke to the crack of rifle fire,
    With mortar rounds hitting the ground near by.
    The flying shrapnel was absorbed by sand bags,
    Which saved lots of us who wished not to die.

The hot spent shell casings fell to the ground
    As the VC charged our fortified hill.
    We killed so many the stench made us sick,
    While we fought to live and not for a thrill.

Barbwire, bullets and clay-mores took their toll
    As red and green tracers lit up the sky.
    Before long I was the last GI left,
    When napalm caused my enemy to fry.

Fleeing the sound of our choppers gunfire
    The enemy retreated to the caves and trees.
    Then I cried, "thank you " to heaven above,
    As I checked out my buddies on my knees.

Somehow I managed to survive the day
    Though many I've served with names I have read
    Carved in the shinny black stone of The Wall
    Are my comrades of war, among the dead.

[ Edit | View ]

• MID-WAY 1942 -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:50:13 (4.244.78.223)
    MID-WAY

It was June the 4th 1942,
    As I was floating in the ocean alone;
    The ship I had sailed on, sank to the bottom
    And I thought I would never again, see home.

The Japanese fleet had steamed in from the east
    With the intentions of capturing MID-Way.
    Though they were stopped by American war ships,
    Whose guns, bombs and torpedoes planes saved the day.

All night long, I watched the fireworks of war
    And on the second day we turned up the heat.
    As big bombers from Hawaii dropped their loads,
    On Japanese ships who soon chose to retreat.

An imperial pilot came floating close by,
    Who had been chewed on by the beasts of the sea.
    I couldn't help but feel passion for this is man
    Who had answered his call just like me.

When it was over, I was plucked from the deep,
    By men in a lifeboat just after the dawn.
    For two days I had watched the battle for, Mid-way;
    Now it's quiet and the enemy has gone.

[ Edit | View ]

• WORLD WAR TWO -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:46:17 (4.244.78.223)
    SURVIVAL

I drifted all night and was loosing my hope
    Before by the moon's light I saw dry land.
    I floated over and through its reefs to the beach,
    Where I quickly smoothed out my tracks in the sand.

All I had was my dagger and a canteen
    And it was May 4th of 43.
    Just me alone on an enemy island,
    Wasn't a safe place for a sailor to be.

I felt I could kill in less than a heartbeat
    If that's what it took for me to survive.
    I’d already said thanks so many times,
    For” God” was the reason I was alive.

Off in the dark, I herd two men's voices,
    Laughing and talking in a language not mine.
    Inch by inch I crept to their campsite,
    Where on what they were eating, I would soon dine.

I stabbed them both and took their fish, rice and wine;
    Then ran my way back to the raft by the beach.
    Soon I was floating in the ocean again
    And far enough out where bullets couldn't reach.

The next day I was picked up by a seaplane,
    Whose crew spotted my sail from the air.
    Once inside and safe, I cried like a child,
    For the dead whom would forever be there.

It was hard to believe heaven let me live;
    A farm boy from Kansas, in high school last year.
    My girlfriend is blond and she hates it I 'm gone.
    Though I'm a veteran of battle, death, and fear.

[ Edit | View ]

• OUR FLAG -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:42:17 (4.244.78.223)
    OUR FLAG

Our flag is fabric wove of thread,
    Carried by heroes live and dead.
    She stands for justice and courage too,
    With her colors; red, white and blue.

For all who serve her, they’ll be cheers,
    For any who die, they’ll be tears,
    For all who love her, life is swell,
    For those who harm her, war is hell.

How many moms have cried before,
    As they sent their children to war.
    How many dads have not returned,
    Because our freedom must be earned.

Wars were waged where brave men died
    As patriots fought side by side.
    Our flag is still the pearl of earth,
    Because of those who prove her worth.

[ Edit | View ]

• PARTING -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:39:11 (4.244.78.223)
    PARTING

The truest words, which portray my love,
    I speak to you from within my heart.
    May we always recall how we feel,
    Though through conflict we're forced to part.

No one can say how long they will last,
    For life is not everlasting.
    Yet most hope to be blessed by love,
    By he who does our casting.

As the fear of battle bites my flesh,
    My thoughts of home help keep me sane.
    There’s no guarantee that I’ll survive
    But either way, I'll serve without shame.

Should the cold hands of death reach for me,
    I pray my soul will awake from sleep.
    To the voice of God assuring me,
    That my spirit, he's chosen to keep.

So try to remember while I'm gone,
    That the person I need most is you.
    I’ll fight like hell to stay alive
    To return home to the love I knew.

[ Edit | View ]

• THE SONGS OF WAR -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:37:19 (4.244.78.223)
    THE SONGS OF WAR

Combat solders have proclaimed before,
    There are no atheists in a foxhole.
    All tend to pray to whom they worship,
    When their fate is beyond their control.

Their faith is their rock and their fortress,
    In which they will trust in forever.
    Their God, their strength, their deliverer,
    From those who plot deadly endeavor.

War is a game, which is won by death,
    And you can't have peace without war.
    History always repeats itself
    As patriots march forth from their door.

A man never greets his wolf within,
    Till he serves on history’s battle line.
    Some will fight and refuse to concede,
    While others hide and cry with weaken mind.

Death- to- death, dust-to-dust, life-to-life,
    The wrath of man is a shameful thing,
    Sometimes we have no choice but to fight,
    Bidding farewell as of war we sing.

[ Edit | View ]

• POW -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:34:58 (4.244.78.223)
    P.O.W.

When you become a P.O.W.
    You find you've lost your liberty and more,
    The guy with the gun tells you what to do,
    As you yearn for freedoms you had before.

Your will to serve helps keep you alive,
    Though sometimes you wish you were dead.
    Tortures far beyond any normal mind,
    And there's no safety, even your bed.

Bullets, barbwire, searchlights and sharp teeth,
    Keep you in a place you don't wish to be.
    The food is quite awful and sometimes it moves,
    And you've no choice of what you hear or see.

The lucky are released and return home,
    Though in their dreams their fate is unsure.
    War may be hell, but confinement is worse,
    Cause afterwards you're never as you were.

[ Edit | View ]

• WAR -- TOM ZART, Sat, December 03 2005, 11:33:05 (4.244.78.223)
    BAGHDAD

Determined though scared, I walk my beat,
    On the deadly streets of Baghdad.
    Searching for any who plot our harm,
    Or by our death are joyous and glad.

Standing in shadows caused by the moon,
    I'm reminded of my nights back home.
    I wonder if the woman I love
    Is growing tired of sleeping alone?

I feel remorse for all who live here,
    For this place is a madman's hell.
    And those who wish to keep it that way
    Must be killed or locked away in jail.

My greatest fear is not my death,
    But that I'll end up in a wheelchair.
    Disabled for the rest of my life,
    Depending on others for my care.

My wife, she prays for my safe return,
    As night and day more GI's are killed.
    She knows quite well, whatever it takes,
    The oath I've given will be fulfilled.

[ Edit | View ]

• HIGHLANDS AREA/SOLDIER WITH SEVERE CHEST WOUND -- Scott and Cindy Collins, Sat, December 03 2005, 10:19:46 (68.34.156.73)
    My husband was riding in a H13 bubble when a charlie or bravo company (blue team) radioed them that they had a severely wounded soldier that needed to be transported out immediately. My husband volunteered to give up his seat and wait for the pilot to take the soldier to the nearest hospital. Scott (my husband) waited behind a wall with the infantry and then the infantry had to move out before the helicopter pilot got back. While he waited by himself behind this wall a sniper took shots at him. The pilot got back in time, but I would love to know that the gentleman that my husband tried to save survived. I think it would really mean alot to him to know that. If anyone thinks they may know or if anyone needs a little more information to determine the incident, please email me or my husband at cllns_sctt64@yahoo.com.
    Cindy Collins

[ Edit | View ]

• Funny -- Joe, Tue, November 22 2005, 8:38:51 (68.76.81.144)
    It's funny to read certain comparisons drawn about Vietnam vs Iraq. I can guarantee you the all volunteer army of today, complete with all its weaponry advances would have done no better and possibly worse given the same limitations placed on them in Vietnam.I can tell you what they would do with thier gadgetry soaked in mud in the 120 degree heat lol.I can tell you about their morale after years and years of protests in the streets of the USA, and excrement thrown at them rather than confetti. Forget the 100,000 dollar re-enlistment bonuses troop, how about nothing? but contempt. Hang in there, the times they are a changing.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• LOOKING FOR NMCB 71 SEABEES -- Jerry Montecupo EO2 66-70, Sat, October 22 2005, 6:30:36 (69.164.181.22)
    I'm looking for all NMCB 71 Seabees to add to our Reunion Roster. We're having our 3rd Reunion in Branson MO in Aug. 2006. Contact me ASAP.

Jerry Montecupo
    NMCB 71 Reunion Co Chairman

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for Vietnam veterans -- Sugar, Wed, November 09 2005, 22:49:05 (203.160.1.40)
    Dear all,

I am an Vietnamese Journalist writting mainly the wars. I am looing for some Vietnam veterans of the U.S. Anyone know them, please email to me soon.How can i contact them?
    Thank you very much!
    ngosugar@yahoo.com
    Those are the names:
    1.Mr. Gry Cannant fighted in Dong Ha, Quang Tri, Da Nang, Vietnam. His wife is Maxie.

2. Paul Connell served Co.,3rd Bn, 5th Marines. His old email is Us0311mc@aol.com

3. Mark Jackson, His old email is fourfour@mail.bright.net

4. Stainley Homiski served B Toop, 3/4 Cav, 25th Inf Div, His old email is mithers@snet.net. His wife is Roberta.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• History Project -- Shaunee, Sat, November 19 2005, 6:04:28 (208.189.33.146)
    I am a freshman in college and for our final project we are supposed to interview a Vietnam Veteran. I personally do not know of any to interview in my home town. I am looking for a Veteran willing to answer questions through email. The project is due on December 1, 2005. You may email me at smbrnd24@hotmail.com if you would be interested or know of someonw who might be! Thank you and God Bless!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Family of gunner, Charles Lewis -- Julie Brown, Sat, November 12 2005, 9:45:01 (63.235.127.43)
    Hello,
    I'm searching for information on a Gunner who would have flown on an Apache helicopter.
    The only information I have is that his name is C. Lewis and he had small children at that time.
    God Bless All Those Who Served.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Cmdr. Cole Black -- Julie Brown, Sat, November 12 2005, 9:48:43 (63.235.127.43)
    Hello,

I wore a P.O.W. bracelet for many years. The name inscribed on it was Cmdr. Cole Black. If anyone can supply information about this man, please forward it to me.
    Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• new email address for B. Kastner -- Bernard A. Kastner, Sat, November 19 2005, 18:37:49 (68.254.30.33)
    WW 2 1052nd Signal Corp. 9th AF

[ Edit | View ]

• ken mack -- rich tarzon, Tue, November 15 2005, 18:44:01 (68.251.69.231)
    I am looking for an old fiend, his name is keneth mack, he served as a crewchief with the 120th av. co 3rd platoon razorbacks, a gunship platoon. He served approx. 1966 Vietnam. If anybody could help locate him I would be thankful. His last wereabouts were on the north side of chicago.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Veterans Day 2005 -- George Fryett, Sat, November 05 2005, 10:24:23 (4.163.154.220)
    Friday November 11, 2005, will be Veterans Day. I know for many people, young and old, it will be nothing more than a day off from School and or work. I sure hope that many will take the time to remember that if it had not been for those of us that served our country, this is to be a day to remember that FREEDOM comes with a price. Some of us served during times where there was not loss. Some of us served during times of much loss.

Please take the time to THANK A VETERAN. I do know that those of us who served will never forget.

Sincerely attend a program where a Veteran who has served can tell you of all that went into helping us to maintain our FREEDOM.

I served in Korea, Turkey and Vietnam from October 1956 until October 1964.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Khe Sahn 67-68 -- Freddie A. Shortridge, Tue, November 08 2005, 10:19:13 (70.241.119.68)
    I was there also and if My name rings a bell Please contact me I was with Aco.1st.26th marines I have PSDT and I would like to rember some of the things.

[ Edit | View ]

• americorps -- julia, Tue, November 08 2005, 7:58:26 (151.200.188.43)
    Im sorry i had the wrong email. Please Email me. Julia

[ Edit | View ]

• Americorps -- Julia, Tue, November 08 2005, 7:55:03 (151.200.188.43)
    Hello, my name is Julia Hicks and I am a member of Americorps* NCCC. Myself and nine other NCCC Corps members are working with the Library of Congress on the Veterans History Project. With this project we will be documenting the life stories of veterens and documenting them for generations to come. If there is any way we could collaborate with any veterans please contact me at Senate10@Hotmail.com. Thank you very much, Julia Hicks

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for a friend -- Duong, Mon, November 07 2005, 19:10:40 (203.160.1.40)
    Tri Duong - Vietnameme Journalist

anyone know information about Mr. Gary Canant. Is he live or dead now?
    Please let me know!
    Ngosugar@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

• Photo of Larry's and the Don Kahn bars -- Phil Rayner, Sun, November 06 2005, 19:23:30 (143.238.251.168)
    I need any photos of two bars that were in Plantation Road, Saigon. I had a few incidents there whilst serving in SVN with the Australian Army and need more evidence for a claim. Can anyone help please.

[ Edit | View ]

• Maybe you can help me. -- Milly Sue, Tue, October 25 2005, 17:21:46 (24.3.222.158)
    I have recently became friends with a wonderful lady who was engaged to be married to a young handsome boy Fred Koss from Bridgeport Ohio serving in Vietnam. He was killed July 7, 1972 in Thailand his wall page said Hostile Fixed wing- pilot, airloss crash at sea body recovered.I do know his body wasn't viewed.

His love here in the states has never forgotten or gotten over his death. she still loves him as much today as ever many years after his death she married an older man who beat her and mistreated her for years she had to have her face reconstructed from one beating. she divorced him and never married again she still thinks of her true love and the life she should of had. a soldiers death to those who live on is a sentence to Hell, their love does not stop beating for the one who gave up their life.
    OK what an I looking for I guess anyone who may have know Fred Koss serve with him knows good or bad about him stories pictures anything... I would love to find anything to share with her. make a treasure chest or book...she has never found happiness in this life since his death and I don't think she ever will now. anything of his, that you may have or know of, anything may be a wonderful treasure for this dear sweet tortured soul.. Thank you to all you vets and your families you are not forgotten God Bless you all..I hope someone reading this can help.. bring a little happiness to a KIA soldiers true love..something to brighter her days
    Milly Sue

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Platoon Roster -- Charles (Tuck) A. Clark, Thu, October 27 2005, 14:42:31 (68.170.80.182)
    Would like to get a copy of my platoon roster, platoon that I was with in Vietnam during 1970. Can anyone tell me how to go about this? Tuck

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking For -- Don McFarland, Tue, October 25 2005, 23:50:05 (12.203.141.44)
    I am looking for anyone who served with me in Nam from Jan."70" toMarch "71" in the 1/321st c-btry. 101st. airborne

[ Edit | View ]

• 69th signal support unit -- Lola Warren, Sun, October 23 2005, 23:40:23 (67.129.208.121)
    Looking for anyone who serve with my husband in vietnam 1966-1968 with the 69th signal support unit. He was at tan son nhut air force base during tet. Would like any information or pictures if any exit. Thank you

[ Edit | View ]

• Old Friend from Cannon AFB and Danang -- Donald Jones, Mon, October 03 2005, 20:38:58 (207.69.137.22)
    Hi Don,
    This is a voice from the past from Cannon AFB and Danang, where we served together from about 1964-1966. I happened onto your Website and began reading your story about the B57 that crashed at Danang. I knew immediately from your description that that was the same crash that I saw. Our K9 group was on our way toward the runway, awaiting clearance to cross. We all saw it crash and ran back toward the parking apron to get away from it as the ordinance began to go off. It was a pretty frightening event that one doesn’t soon forget.

I have the addresses of some people whom you will probably remember: Gary Knutson (Cannon & Danang), George Vobornik (Cannon), Herb Norfolk (Danang K9), Jim Clevenger (Cannon). I have copy of the Cannon AFB 832nd Air Division yearbook and would be happy to make copies of the Air Police Squadron section if you like. I also have some pictures of Danang, which are not very good, but are memorable. I can burn them into a CD or DVD if you like. I would be interested in reconnecting if you are interested. Much has happened in the intervening years since Cannon and RVN. I would be interested in reading your bio and would be happy to furnish mine if you like. I would also be interested to know if you are in contact with any other mutual friends from that era.
    Regards,
    Don Jones

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• vietnam war -- Chloe, Wed, October 19 2005, 6:30:56 (212.219.207.40)
    what is the vietnam war?
    what happened?
    I need infomation please email me tigi23@aol.com ;) or reply. Thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• A real hero has gone on to Fiddler's Green -- Jack Stoddard, Sun, September 25 2005, 9:19:23 (68.108.185.121)
    As VP of the Blackhorse Assn. I had the honor of meeting Monty more than once at our reunions. 1st Sgt. Monty Montelongo passed on this past week. This message was posted on our unit web site and I thought you guys might know a little about our Monty.

A Real American Hero Has Passed to Fiddlers Green

I think everyone that ever met Monty considered him a friend.

As I watch the news today they seem to use the word Hero, for everything, from nascar drivers, basketball players etc. I do not think any of those people deserve the word Hero.

Some people call anyone that goes to war a Hero, Few are in reality.

However one thing I can say, like so many others have said before Monty was a True American Hero, He never wanted the title, He earned it because of Heroic Deeds during many Battles some faught Hand to Hand.

I asked him at the Nashville reunion, Monty how did you get thru so many battles, what kept you going.

Monty told me that he usually worked alone as a recon Scout, He talked about being in the Battle of the Bulge, Korean War and Vietnam War.

And he said that he put his faith in God, and that every night when he returned from a mission He said a little prayer thanking God for another day.

Monty never told war stories, or even admitted to having any metals other than to say I have a few.

At the reunion in Nashville, I can tell you that Monty showed me His DD214, at my request .

Monty had earned

4 Silver Stars
    8 Purple Hearts
    8 Bronze Stars with V Devise

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• confused -- Daniella, Thu, October 06 2005, 16:37:05 (64.26.98.90)
    What does ARVN stand for?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Re: Aha! You Are Right. -- Craig Lord, Wed, October 05 2005, 17:10:51 (72.16.33.224)
    I was with the 2nd ROK Marine Brigade in Hoi-an from 68-69.I spent part of time with Recon.

[ Edit | View ]

• VietNam Marine -- Beatrice, Thu, September 01 2005, 20:58:43 (66.155.144.59)
    My name is Beatrice and I need your help. My brother served in Viet Nam and I want/must speak to anyone who befriended him and/or knew him well while you served there. He was not killed until he returned home from VietNam but he meant the world to me. Please contact me if you knew John G. Arthur. Born in Ancon, Panama Canal Zone. He entered the Marine Corp. on 9/8/1963. I only know of his LAST assignment and unsure of the rest. Last assignment CoL3dBn 27thMar 5thMarDiv. I know he was a ground troop and there is a possibility that he served in Graves and Reg prior to leaving Nam. Please help me. btrueatsou@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Story reflection -- Taylor, Fri, May 20 2005, 12:14:18 (199.230.37.44)
    Dear James Murtaugh,

I just read your story and it was very touching. I can’t even imagine

how hard it must have been to return to Vietnam after fighting there. I

agree that it is amazing on how fast things change in the world today and in

your case, how fast Vietnam changed. It must have been a tough experience

to fight against the Vietnamese and then return there and see that he treated

you in such a kind way. I admire that you were able to go back! Your

experience will stick with me forever. It was emotional for me to read

about the tough time you went through. You are a very honorable person.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Research Paper -- Stephanie Geisler, Wed, September 14 2005, 15:46:42 (216.190.67.28)
    hello, I'm a senior in highschool and enrolled in a Vietnam War history class. As one of our assignments, we are to interview a veteran of the war. If anyone would like to answer a few questions, please email me at stephanie_ranae@hotmail.com. I'll greatly appriciate you taking time out to communicate with me. thanks.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• VETERANS -- DH, Tue, September 13 2005, 16:51:58 (64.12.116.137)
    I was wondering if you could please answer these few questions for me. Your time and effort is greatly appreciated:

Name and Rank and Job?

How were you recruited?

Was the war different from what you had expected before you arrived? In what ways?

What was your first impression of Vietnam?

How do you feel about the outcome of the War?

What, if anything, do you feel you gained from your time in Vietnam?

Did you experience any anti-war propaganda?

Was there anything that you enjoyed while you were in Vietnam?

What did you feel was the biggest turning point in the war and why?

How do you feel the United States government handled the war?

What do you think of the Tet offensive of 1978 and what effect do you think this event had on the war?

How do you feel about the war now?

Are you feelings different from when you entered the war and now?

How do you feel about My Lai?

Did you find it a shock to return home and find the anti-war movement was as large and predominant as it was or were you made aware of it whilst in Vietnam?

How do you think the media effected the war?

[ Edit | View ]

• Interview -- DH, Wed, September 07 2005, 13:19:58 (152.163.100.137)
    Anyone who had any involvement in the war and would like to give me their perspective, please leave your e-mail adress and i will send you a survey in the next week. All information and perspectives are greatly appreciated.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Trying to Locate -- Bill Schaffer, Fri, August 12 2005, 16:59:59 (68.205.129.33)
    Trying to locate Captain Bruce Gail (Commanding Officer) or a 1st Sgt ( Nicknamed Top ) and any other Vietnam Vet stationed with E Battery 41st M.G. attached to the 4/60th

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• information on my father speedy -- francisco gonzalez jr a,k,a speedy, Sun, August 28 2005, 12:10:19 (205.188.116.197)
    hello i had lost info with my father brothers in the bush with him,,if you remember who you are or if there are of his brothers please write me i only have one piture of him the rest of his things i had got watered down from the flood i was in, i had his dog tags and flag and his mos records i do not know where he was buried at i don't have his boot camp picture his medals i dont have them got lost in the flood please if any one can help with his info i would appreciate it,,thank you and god bless you all,,,,,sincerly speedy lil girli miss you daddy and love you rest in peace all the ones who did not make it and the who did god bless you allhe was in leather kneck,3rd marine 5th battallion,i was gonna go in the military follow his footsteps but i can't i have a kidney diseasethank you francisco gonzalez jr daughter god bless you all you can email me sftspokenn@yahoo.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Locate -- D. Ashby, Thu, September 01 2005, 19:01:34 (71.0.191.83)
    Trying to locate anyone who served with Marc Norwood.

[ Edit | View ]

• Need Info Opr of 506 of 101st on Hamburger Hill -- Tom Lunsford, Sat, August 20 2005, 20:23:22 (207.69.138.204)
    I'm searching for any info on Greg D. Cornett.Greg was killed on May 18th,1969 on Hamburger Hill.Greg was with A Co.,506 Inf 101st ABN.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• How to obtain info -- Greg Stoner, Thu, August 18 2005, 19:49:38 (66.255.208.97)
    After blocking out (or Trying to)thoughts of vietnam, I now need help locating records and info. I had a mos of 31s30 (crypto)and ended up in Vietnam early in 1969 and was assigned to the 39th signal in Vuntau. Not having a need for my MOS there I spent alot of time TDY to various units. I remember being in Dong Tam, My to(sp) Danang, LZ Shroder. I have a few pictures but nothing to document any claims. I was given a Purple Heart for minor wounds incurred on 6/11 69. with either the 4/39th 9th inf. or 5/60th. My memory is not that good and my doctor said I should file a claim for DPTS. But it takes dates and I cannot be positive. I have applied for my medical records and personnel file and for reissue of medals. When I was given the Purple Heart it was a "field ceremony" and I have no paper work to back it up or none for my CIB. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Re: 3rd Batt. 26th Marines Hill 881 south 67-68 India Co. 81 mortars -- Marc Antoine, Fri, August 19 2005, 23:49:18 (24.144.198.178)
    survivers of hill 881 in vietnam war

[ Edit | View ]

• Need Roster Number -- isaac mitchell, Mon, August 15 2005, 11:10:51 (199.46.198.233)
    I isaac mitchell (Mitch/Ike) was with the 196TH Americal Delta, 2/1 LIB from september 1969 to september 1970 working out of LZ Hawkhill. I am researching some information obtained from the National Achive and need to identify roster numbers for my unit, in particular D 2/1 196th. Thanks

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• srghrhgrh -- gr, Tue, August 16 2005, 9:37:51 (65.5.163.210)
    ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE FOUGHT IN A WAR VIETNAM KOREA WW1 WW2 IRAQ YOU ARE ALL HEROS AND I WISH I CULDIVE BEEN IN VIETNAM WELL ATLEAST BORN. EVERY ONE IS PROUD OF YOU ALL.

[ Edit | View ]

• Willis Matthews -- Cheryl Bevill, Sun, August 14 2005, 1:26:12 (205.188.116.197)
    I request a rose to be placed by Lonnie Matthews name. Below is the entry for him as shown, last name first. I recall the moment in high school that his death was announced by our principal over the PA system. I recall a story told to me by Stanley Marlar - that the coach would not allow Stanley to have his letter jacket, and that Lonnie got it for him. The next year Lonnie was in VietNam. He was there such a short time before we lost him. We do not forget him.

MATTHEWS WILLIS ALANZO PFC E3 A 19460623 19670404 NASHVILLE

[ Edit | View ]

• Thank You All -- Craig Carbone, Sun, July 10 2005, 20:10:12 (67.82.133.56)
    Just wanted to thank all of you for a great site and thank you for reminding me how very special my dad is. My father was in Vietnam in 1964-1965. He has always been very proud of his service and so have I, but reading all the stories on this site has made me realize how lucky I am to have the dad i do. He was in the Big Red One and is very proud of that fact. Growing up we always heard about the people and friends he had in Veitnam some that made home and those who he lost especially his best friend William R. McKim. I have had the honor of meeting Mr. Bobby Fisher my father's XO in Vietnam and his wonderful family. Mr. Fisher has died a few years ago and I know my dad would of loved to go to the funeral of his beloved friend, but just could not bring himself to go. My father is the only one alive from his platoon that made it back, so what I guess i tring to say is thank you dad, thank you for passing on the leson of life you had to learn the hard way so my sisters and I can have the life we have. My father never had a proper welcome home from Vietnam when he landed at JFK airport he was forced to change out of his uniform so their would be no problems, but being proud of his service and proud of the people he serviced with he walk out in full uniform anyway and was spit on, but that did not matter to him. This is my way of thanking him and all those that served and sacrifice so everyone else can have the life we do. Thank You Dad and All Those Who Served In Vietnam. Thanks Dad For Making Me Succeed when God knows it was not easy. Thank You Dad for the lessons of life you taught me that you learned the hard way thousands of miles away from home and those that love you. Your strenght and pride in youself and your service is what you have passed on to your loving children. Thank You For Being My Hero Along With The Men You Served With And All Those That Frought In Vietnam. I Am Proud To Be Your Son. Thank You All!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• MAJ. MORGAN J. DONAHUE -- KIM, Wed, August 10 2005, 12:36:22 (24.73.131.126)
    PLEASE PLACE A FLAG BY THE NAME OF DONAHUE MORGAN JEFFERSON MAJ 04 F 19440502 19681213 ALEXANDRIA.
    PANEL 36W-ROW014.

[ Edit | View ]

• Lokking for Father -- Sheri Du Bose, Sat, August 06 2005, 18:18:48 (24.153.161.186)
    I am looking for David Arthur Kilker, who served roughly 1965 - Spring 1967. He was a tall thin man, with brown hair, and wore glasses. He worked in the construction field after Nam. He was an artist and may have drawn while there. He was from Wheaton, Maryland, and may have spoken of a sister named Deborah(Debra) or a brother named Duane(Dwayne) I realize that this is a long shot but if you knew him or know where he is please contact me.... Sheriblue71106@yahoo.com Thank you all for all that you done. I am a fromer Medic calling out for help.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Forrest Brandt "Almost Home" -- KESS, Sat, August 06 2005, 6:29:44 (80.133.236.86)
    I need URGENTLY your agreement just pro forma so called in moral sense, that I am translating your story into Russian and publishing it on the www.artofwar.ru

Please, contact me on this matter...

See "Edward Blanco "Welcome Home, Soldier""

PS Ed, it is amazing how popular the story is among Russians - over 200 new visitors every day...

[ Edit | View ]

• "WLCOME HOME, SOLDIER" by Edward Blanco -- Kess, Wed, August 03 2005, 10:36:35 (80.133.197.227)
    Hi, Ed...

As promised, I have already translated your story into Russian and it is published on the net site of Russian Vets:
    http://artofwar.ru/index_e.html
    There are already several translated stories by Pat Camunes from this site e.g..
    Here is the link to your story in Russian
    http://artofwar.ru/f/foreign/text_0340.shtml
    Here is the translation of your web site
    http://artofwar.ru/comment/f/foreign/text_0340

Next I will try to translate your Bunker 13 and Tet Causalities. As I have said, I like your style and would like to translate maybe more from your book...

I am going to translate the story by Forrest Brandt "Almost Home" as well. But I can't get in touch with
    him for permission... Just the same as it was with you I guess... I would appreciate very much if he emails me.

By the way, maybe someone knows what has happened to the similar site http://www.vietvet.org/thepast.htm . I can�t open it. There was a story by Mike Murphy which I wanted to translate too, but did not saved anything except the link. If anybody could help me to get in touch with him it would be very nice�

Best regards

Kess

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• P.O.W. - M.I.A. Bracelet -- Janet Doyle, Sat, July 30 2005, 7:58:07 (216.76.237.41)
    I have two bracelets that I wore for two soldiers who served in the Vietnam War. I have been on a mission since uncovering these bracelets in a "memory" box several months ago. I have been able to verify information on these soldiers on-line. I have a vivid memory of witnessing one soldier step off the plane when he returned in 1973. I did not see the other soldier that day and have recently found on-line information stating his status as "XX - Presumption Finding of Death". After all these years, my heart surely sank when I confirmed this fact and find myself mourning my loss of him today. My objective is to return these bracelets to the appropriate person and/or family member. Is this the right thing to do? I'm nervous over the prospect of how to locate someone to complete this venture because there are people who may take advantage of this situation. Need advice and am happy to be able to at least share my story on this site. Thanks for listening.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Project Sigma/Phoenix Program -- Tim Sweeney, Fri, July 29 2005, 6:45:35 (67.94.177.5)
    My father was SGT Russell W. Sweeney, B-56, 66'-68.

I was wondering if anyone knew him and if so, please contact me. I am GREATLY interested in knowing about his experiences in Vietnam. Was he part of the Phoenix Program?

He passed away a few years ago before I had a chance to talk to him about this...now I would like to know.

Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

• 1LT William F. Ericson II -- John Schorr, Thu, July 14 2005, 14:58:35 (170.213.132.231)
    I would appreciate hearing from anyone who served with my uncle, William F. Ericson II, 2-23-1944 Roxbury CT,
    West Point class of 1968, 101st Airborne, KIA 7-15-1969.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• friends of fredrick hazen vester -- donna vester, Thu, July 07 2005, 10:39:46 (207.69.138.203)
    i am looking for anyone who knew my father.his name was fredrick hazen vester.he belonged to the 2/327inf.he was killed in trung luong 6-21-66.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• General William Westmoreland, 1914-05 -- wayne gregory, Wed, July 20 2005, 2:09:36 (209.240.205.60)
    "Few have a field command as long as I did. They put me over there and they forgot about me. I was there 7days a week, working 14 to 16 hours a day. I have no apologies and no regrets, gave my very best." General Westmoreland led thousands of Nam Vets, 1982, to the dedication of the Vietnam Memorial. He called it, "one of the most emotional and proudest moments of my life." The General saw action in three wars. Commanded the 34th Field Artillery Battalion fighting German Field Marshall Rommel. Promoted to Brig. General during the Korean War and later served under Maxwell Taylor. Retired in 1972, but remained active in Veterans activities. He also stood up to the misinformation media blitz with a law suit which was settled before it went to the jury. "is not about whether the Nam War was right or wrong, but whether in our land, a tv network can rob an honorable man of his reputation."

[ Edit | View ]

• Master Sgt. David Lee Adams known as Pappy -- Gayle Kilgore, Sat, July 16 2005, 12:01:42 (70.110.11.210)
    D.L. was my older brother. Although he did not die in Vietnam, he served two - or maybe three - hitches there because he felt it was his duty as an American. He died in 1996 as a result of exposure to Agent Orange. He developed fibrous lung disease. One of our cousins, who was also a Vietnam Vet, remarked the day of Dee's funeral that he was as much a casualty of Vietnam as those listed on the WAll. And he was.

[ Edit | View ]

• Admiral James Stockdale 1923-05 -- wayne gregory, Mon, July 11 2005, 22:01:34 (209.240.205.60)
    "Who am I and why am I here?" Perhaps the funniest one liner ever delivered by a Presidential candidates running mate. As a fighter pilot, the Admiral flew 201 missions during the Vietnam War. Shot down on 9/9/65, he was captured and taken to Hoi Lo Prison, (Hanoi Hilton.) Spent the next eight years as a POW. His resistence and strength while in captivity was noted. Awarded the Medal of Honor for holding steadfast to the Code and his Country. The Admiral once smashed his face in with a mahogany stool, rather than be filmed for propaganda purposes. His education before and after the war is remarkable, becoming the President of the Citadel in the late 70's. The Admiral was the highest ranking Naval Officer while in captivity in North Vietnam.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Vietnam records... -- Joyce Ussery, Wed, July 06 2005, 14:35:48 (12.160.115.112)
    Interested in knowing if any Vietnam veterans who have received their military personnel file have noted any records kept on them by GSA specifically. Would also be interested in any ideas anyone would have as to why records would have been kept on a soldier in the years after his reported death/a Vietnam casualty, with documented references to having a "live case" on him. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• You are very missed. -- Bobby Marvin Jones, Sat, July 09 2005, 13:42:49 (12.156.101.67)
    What a wonderful young man and a promising doctor. I appreciate your friendship in college and your service to our country. I know you are home. Love, Paula

[ Edit | View ]

• James Lind -- Mary Siebels, Fri, July 08 2005, 22:35:12 (71.33.254.60)
    I am searching for anyone who may have served with my brother James Lind, who lives in Iowa - a good old Iowa farmboy. He was sent to Korea in 1969, and did missions along the Imjum (sp?) River, and went on many night patrols. He operated a tank during the time he was there. If you have any info on his service there, please respond. Thank you in advance.

[ Edit | View ]

• Request for rose -- Virgina (Acher) Rugenstein, Fri, July 08 2005, 21:17:24 (24.20.231.36)
    Please insert a rose next to my brothers name.
    Robert Paul Acher Jr,USAF Capt/03 (KIA)September 1,1969.

[ Edit | View ]

• corpsmanup -- michael p curran, Thu, July 07 2005, 16:47:49 (152.130.6.133)
    thank you for your compliments toward corpsman. but really corpsman are born that way ready to serve or comfort but never take a corpsman lightly because under that skin is a person who will do anything to survive

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for Tom Mitchell -- Glenn Riese, Sat, July 02 2005, 15:58:45 (68.6.130.201)
    Does anyone know how to get in touch with Tom Mitchell? The email he had listed on the website comes back as not found when I try it. I have also tried to contact him by phone and the number has changed.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Request for Flags -- Diana Butcher, Thu, June 30 2005, 21:11:12 (71.104.183.156)
    Please place a flag by the following names:
    Alonzo Hughes Taylor
    Thomas Eckl
    Earl Shark

These three young men were all from Pomona, Ca and were personal friends of my husband and I. Alonzo was a friend of my brother's and came by our house very often when they were all in high school.

Earl and Tom were friends of my husband and they were all in school together from elementary through high school. They are all thought of often and with great love. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Sgt. Donald Shuichi Fujimoto -- Margaret Kawai, Mon, June 27 2005, 15:38:03 (67.188.142.188)
    The website by john Dennison "Medics on the Wall" has an error regarding army medic Donald Shuichi Fujimoto. He is listed as of Malayan nationality, which is incorrect. Donald was a Japanese American born in Stockton, California. He made the supreme sacrifice as a medic while trying to rescue his fallen comrades in Vietnam June 17, 1968.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Memories Of A Wounded Corpsmen -- Akhenast, Mon, June 06 2005, 16:39:22 (64.12.116.137)
    Hello. My name is Amanda and i'm from New Hampshire. My english teacher has assigned me a project. I basically have to read a bunch of war-works and post comments on my 5 favorites. The poem "Memories" is my favorite. It sheds new light on my idea of a typical American Soldier in Veitnam. They were young, afraid and saw alot of horrible stuff. I guess the last one can be said for any war. "Memories" reminded me of Dalton Trumbo's book Johnny Got His Gun. The Soldiers joined the war because they felt they had to but they never really had to. I can never imagine the pain you felt seeing your comrade die. You are a very brave man sharing your story. Thank you.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• 1stLt John Edward Manning USMC -- Pat Manning, Wed, June 22 2005, 18:53:36 (207.218.230.144)
    Hi! John was killed during the TET offensive on 1-30-68. and I am interested in hearing from anyone who knew him at any time during his Marine Corps career. I am John's wife and you can e-mail me at 3s3j1i1p@ev1.net.
    Thanks all you guys out there for all you do and have done to keep this the great country what it is.
    Thanks Don for your help. Pat

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Looking for Igor Kallur -- Arthur Bryce Goodrich, Mon, June 20 2005, 14:41:35 (67.168.40.106)
    I was stationed at Long Bihn RVN the last 3 months of 1970 with HHC 3d Ord Bn 54th ord Co. In Feb 1971 I was sent north to Military Region I, as part of Operation Dewey Canyon II With the 1st Div 5th Inf (Mech). Igor went North with me as far as Vandergrift Combat Base. We became seperated and went to different areas. I Have no Knowledge of him since. He was from Utica New York. I believe he was a teacher. I Would like to appoligize for almost killing him on the last night we were together. If you have any information on how I might contact him please get in touch with me. Also if you were in my unit I would like to here from you. I pray that you have all made it all the way home

[ Edit | View ]

• Response to Den Cook's Hand Jive -- Carbonneau, Wed, June 15 2005, 19:03:25 (66.30.30.40)
    After reading your training story I began to run thoughts through my head about times that I had been put on the spot. Like many people feel it is most of the time an embarassing feeling. However I am sure the situation that you were in that day is much worse than any of my own experiances. But anyway, that gives you a story to tell and something to remember and that is what its all about. However I would not want to have been that LTC though. Thanks for your time, Scott

[ Edit | View ]

• Response to Charles O'Dell's "Rock and a Hard Place" -- Carbonneau, Wed, June 15 2005, 18:48:16 (66.30.30.40)
    After reading your story about the grenade and thinking about the situation that you were in I can see how the 3 or so seconds of anticipating the grenade was enough to kill you in itself. And the relief once the realization of the grenade being a dud must have been amazing. A way too look at is that your friend who passed a few days before must have put in a good word for you up there and saved your life again. Which gives you another reason never to forget him. Thank you for your time and story, Scott

[ Edit | View ]

• Response to Don Poss's "Dead Beat" -- Carbonneau, Wed, June 15 2005, 18:11:44 (66.30.30.40)
    I read your story about the women who scammed you and your buddies by using a deceased baby as a prop. And it must have made your thoughts about those people change quite a bit after that experiance. It is amazing how far people will go to get some money. And the fact that the two women did the trade off in view of you soldiers is even enough to give you that much more feeling of disgust. I would hope that you came into contact with more decent and honest viatnamese people while you were there. Anyways, thank you for your time and stories, Scott

[ Edit | View ]

• Response to Dan McKeneys "Sunday Driver" -- Carbonneau, Wed, June 15 2005, 17:44:14 (66.30.30.40)
    I originally started reading these stories to save my grade in American Studies. However the Story I read by Dan McKegney was pretty interesting and I enjoyed it. I would not even be able to imagine the feeling that you felt when you realized how that situation with the headlights could have turned out. But I wouldn't Kick yourself for it because everybody makes rather large, life-threatening mistakes at one point in their life. Only yours happened to be a simple mistake and in the end it turned out OK. Anyway I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your drive, even though it must have been a nervous one. Thanks for the story, Scott.

[ Edit | View ]

• Coffee Time -- Allison M, Fri, June 03 2005, 10:50:33 (24.62.241.203)
    Hello. My name is Allison and I am a Junior at Pembroke Academy. As a project for our American Studies English class we have to read and comment on war stories. I have just read "Coffee Time" and must admit I have a few questions. Why did the man light the C-4? How was lighting the C-4 considered coffee time? Its nice that people have posted some of the good things that happened in Vietnam. Thanks for that.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Corpsman up, i called -- Robert deans, Tue, May 31 2005, 15:57:44 (205.188.116.202)
    if i was in a war i would like to have a medic come to my aid like that one did wether it was a wound or a full on blast like that man had.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Personal -- Brian, Mon, May 30 2005, 17:29:55 (66.153.68.150)
    I'm doing a project for my American Studies English class and I read your story and I just couldn't understand how someone could live through what you did. I could never even sign up to be in the armed forces. How did you make it through your capture. Please feel free to respond to jmorris@sau53.org

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• The guns are silent By: Patricia Hinz Johnston -- Cody Lewis, Wed, June 15 2005, 11:45:35 (65.175.202.47)
    My Name is Cody Lewis and i am studying was vets and the things they went through, i am writing to the author of this poem because this poem makes you realize that you never know what could be in your future. When you are younger you never think about things like this, like being in the war and its true because when you turn 18 there is a good chance you might have to go to war. So this poem makes you think and realize what could be in the future. -thanks for the time , cody

[ Edit | View ]

• die hard -- jorge, Fri, May 20 2005, 12:19:39 (199.230.36.32)
    Dear Michael Herrara

Your story of die hard is very interesting and captive because when you explain the part when you were in lax and a gang banger approached you and then asked you whether you were willing to die today? That’s was some crazy stuff and then he started to walk with you and started to tell you things that you definitely did not know about the guy at the moment, and then he told you that he had a gun with him and he was willing to use it. Then he asked you again if you were willing to die for your wallet?

Sincerely

jorge

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Forget me not By:Don Poss -- Cody Lewis, Wed, June 15 2005, 11:34:57 (65.175.202.47)
    When i read your poem forget me not, it makes so much sense because so many people do not appreciate what our heroes have really done for this country and a peom like this really helps because its so true no one should be forgoten for the efforts they gave. This response is to the author of this poem, i am a high school student studying war vets and i wanted to get some feed back- thank you for your time-cody

[ Edit | View ]

• Searching for help -- John Wayne Dodgion, Thu, June 09 2005, 13:21:55 (69.225.10.43)
    Need help with my VA claim, someone to verify my presence at graves regisrtation, 93rd Med, Long Binh, 1966
    John

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• KENZIL M. RACEY -- T. D., Mon, June 13 2005, 18:27:31 (69.160.77.137)
    MY GRANDFATHER KENZIL RACEY SERVED IN THE 101ST AIRBORNE AND WAS STATIONED IN FORT CAMPBELL KY. HE DIED IN 69 AND I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HIM. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANY STORIES ANYONE HAS ABOUT HIM THANKS.

[ Edit | View ]

• Looking for vets -- Justin, Fri, June 10 2005, 10:41:19 (205.188.116.197)
    Hey. My dad was a army seargent in San Antonio, TX I believe during 1968-69. Many of his mates were in the Vietnam war. His name is Richard Kuhn, and he is looking for some old friends that made it. He was from New York, but went down to Texas. Please e-mail me back..

justinkuhn24@aol.com

[ Edit | View ]

• The Leech... -- Akhenast, Mon, June 06 2005, 17:02:05 (64.12.116.137)
    Hi, I'm Amanda. I'm a student in a small town in New Hampshire. I am posting this comment because of a project I was assigned in English class. I read your short story entiled "The Leech" and I must say at first I thought it was going to be a disgusting tale of a huge Leech that wouldn't be taken out of the skin but upon reading it I thought it was hilarious. You were already having the most disgusting experience in your life but to make it worse it becomes an embrassing one too. It's good to know that there was more to that horrible war them blood and death.

[ Edit | View ]

• Mud ...and Monsoon Showers -- Akhenast, Mon, June 06 2005, 16:10:50 (64.12.116.137)
    Hi, my name is Amanda. My English teacher has assigned me a project, in which I post comments regarding five war stories. When I read your poem "Mud...and Monsoon Showers" I thought of Spring. I live in New Hampshire and in spring, it rains and mud covers the ground. The mud is really gross, every step you take you sink. Then the mud drys on your shoe and it takes forever to chip it all off. I think its good how there is stuff in Veitnam that one can relate to.

[ Edit | View ]

• Words Not Spoken, Truths Untold -- Akhenast, Sun, June 05 2005, 18:12:56 (152.163.101.5)
    Hi, my name is Amanda. I'm a junior in a small school in New Hampshire. My English teacher has assigned me a project, in which I post comments regarding five war stories. When I came across your poem "Words Not Spoken, Truths Untold" I was speechless. I couldn't believe how much eloquently worded your poem is. I come from a patriotic family. Alot of my relatives join the army for honor. My Dad only tells me stories of my Uncle's heroic feats in WWII that ended up with him winning the french courtigear. My Papa doesn't talk about any combat, instead he regails me and my siblings with funny stories of an angry drill-instructer. I wish they would talk about it more because I believe that one needs to be exposed to the horrors of the past so it doesn't get repeated in the future.

[ Edit | View ]

• The Worm -- Akhenast, Sun, June 05 2005, 17:42:08 (152.163.101.5)
    Hello, Mr. Dean. My name is Amanda. I've been assigned a school project in which, my peers and I read war-stories and post five comments. I read your work entitled "The Worm". I found it very interesting, the worm sounded like something out of a horror movie. My studies made it seem like time spent away from combat was uneventful. I have afew questions. First, what inspired you to write about the incident?
    Did the Veitnamise boy who had the worm in him survive?
    Did you get to meet him?

[ Edit | View ]

• we want to donait -- michael mcintyre, Sat, June 04 2005, 23:43:58 (24.92.124.75)
    we are a Christian band and we wrote a tribut song to the soldiers and famalies we think you will love it if you do we can send you copys of the song for FREE so that you can sell them or give them away however will best suit your goals if you would like to here the song go to www.s4e.us and click on soldier or we can send you a cd just call mike mcintyre at 915-253-6453 GOD bless you

[ Edit | View ]

• Forget me Not -- Allison M, Fri, June 03 2005, 10:45:41 (24.62.241.203)
    Hello. My name is Allison and I am a Junior at Pembroke Academy. As a project for our American Studies English class we have to read and comment on war stories. The poem "Forget Me Not" was very good. I have been to the wall in Washington D.C. and touched the names, but I cannot imagine being shot at. Dying for your country is a noble cause, one which many people did in Vietnam. We will not forget the people who gave so much for us.

[ Edit | View ]

• Like many I am looking for my biological father -- Pamela Smith, Thu, June 02 2005, 13:47:48 (209.149.159.3)
    I don't really know if I am going about this the right way, but I can only try. I am looking for my father. His name is Henry Eugene Oscar or Oster. He was stationed at Ft.Benning GA in 1960-61. He was from the North and from what I can remember of the information my mom gave me he was a short man and had a problem with his top lip. Hair-Lipped I believe is the medical term. I think some called him Sgt. That's all I know about him, I found out when I was 13. I didn't push my mom with questions though, I just excepted what she told me. I never would have hurt her or my dad by trying to follow up on it after I got older, but now that they both have passed away I would really like to try to find him and other family I might have. I don't want to interupt their lives unless they would like to meet me, but if nothing else I'd like to find out for medical reasons.

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Heavy Heart By: Larry Poss -- Rebecca, Thu, June 02 2005, 5:41:27 (24.34.71.80)
    My name is Rebecca and I am a junior at Pembroke Academy. My English teacher has asked our class to pick five stories from various Vietnam websites and respond to them. Your story touched me, I realize that there were many soldiers that died and how it must be devastating for their families, but I never realized how young they were. These soldiers you talk about just started out a new chapter in their lives and three maybe four months later the chapter was unfinished without choice. It is nice to hear that with my generation you feel comfortable with us taking on the world. But still if there were ever a time where I would be in a war, I am not sure I could be as strong as the men and women long before. If you have anymore information or stories about vietnam I would be interested in reading them. You may e-mail me at becky @robwarner.com.
    Thanks so much for your time,
    Rebecca

[ Edit | View ]

• Mud by Patrick Camunes -- Samantha, Wed, June 01 2005, 16:19:05 (152.163.101.5)
    Hi, My name is Samantha. I am from Pembroke Academy. My english teacher asked our whole class to read 5 stories and then write a response on them. We will be graded on the content of our writing. I decided to write a response to your storie because it caught my attention and really made me think. I can not even imagine what it was like to have been in that mud with leeches or creatures all around me. I get scared very easily so I know that wouldn't have been very easy for me...I am sure that it was not easy for anyone. I don't want to sound like I don't know anything about the conditions over in Vietnam. I know it sounds like I have it easy and I know that I do have it very easy from what you have experienced in Vietnam. Being in the mud would be very uncomfortable. Not that I would know from experience or anything but just from what I have heard. I am in the middle of reading the book "The things they carried" by Tom O'Brien, and I in a part they we have just read it talks about the "fields" and in the fields it is human waste and rain water that the men had to walk through and they went looking for one of they friends that was killed. This just reminded me of that story. I am very grateful that you had done what you did. If you would like to respond to me please contact me at sweet_pea_sammy38418@yahoo.com. Thank you very much for your time

Samantha

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Christmas 1969 -- Aaron, Wed, June 01 2005, 16:20:15 (65.175.200.154)
    Thats an interesting one, you spent 28 hours of Christmas day on a plane drunk and merry and then to go home all in that same night to surprise your family. That must have made your mom very happy to see you and know that you were home safe. By the way was your sing any good over the intercom? ; > )

[ Edit | View ]

• It Tastes Like Soap, by: Jay Gearhart -- Aaron, Wed, June 01 2005, 16:03:53 (65.175.200.154)
    Its a relief to hear a humor story because most stories are of tragedies and their buddies being blown to pieces. This story made me smile and wonder what Kool-Aid and soap would taste like mixed. Was the bath worth it or do you look back on it and wonder if it was wrong because many people were thirsty? At least when you had your bath it was warm, just like the Kool-Aid.

[ Edit | View ]

• I Never Felt by Patrick Camunes -- Samantha, Wed, June 01 2005, 15:47:48 (152.163.101.5)
    I can't even imagine what you had gone through...it is great that you have served and are still alive to tell your stories...i wonder how many times the men thought about how they were going to tell their war stories or how they were going to explain how horrible the war was before they died...then the men that died have no way of telling their stories so we haven't heard their sides. I can't even imagine what you were thinking when they told you to ambush when there was a 15 year old girl that you were supposed to be killing. That must have been extremely horrible. "I never felt . . . I could take a life . . . until a 15 year old VC girl crossed my path. BLOW IT!... BLOW IT!... The orders came down, The AMBUSH . . . You MUST BLOW It!" I am truly grateful of everthing that you had done and everything you have accomplished during the vietnam war. I am thanking you with all my heart...you are truly amazing

[ Edit | View ]

• The Toast -- Aaron, Wed, June 01 2005, 15:03:39 (65.175.200.154)
    That must have been really surprising to you and your wife. It must have felt much better to get all that weight off of you. You and your wife now have something you can talk about and you dont have to feel like you are keeping it a secret and keeping it all bottled up inside you. It must have been a real shocker to Peg also.

[ Edit | View ]

• Closing the Door for Frank -- Alexa Godfrey, Fri, May 20 2005, 11:12:03 (199.230.36.218)
    Dear Jack Stoddrad,

After reading your story Closing the Door for Frank, I felt particularly moved and sad. In your first paragraph you stated that Fran had been looking desperately for someone to talk to about her brother and it really gave light to the fact that the even the people at home not fighting had to face the deep repercussions of war. Not only for the people at home but for those in the war, never knowing if you you’re your friend would never live to see the end of the war. I commend you on your bravery and compassion for Frank’s sister. It’s amazing how the emotional wounds of war dig deeper into our hearts than the physical wounds. Thank you for your story and your courageousness.

Sincerely,

Alexa Godfrey

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• my grandpa -- Jaclyn Olsen, Wed, June 01 2005, 6:58:31 (24.10.254.66)
    i havn't heard much really but i do know that my grandpa Glen Olsen survived on pearl harbor. but if you have stories could you please e-mail them to me at jlo24356@hotmail.com

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Welcome Home Soldier -- Josh, Tue, May 31 2005, 19:45:11 (66.30.103.87)
    Dear Ed Banco,
    I just read your story "Welcome Home Soldier" and wondering what it was like when you came home from Vietnam? Where you happy? Did the memories stick in oyur head clearly? Did you talk to others about it? Have you seen any of your fellow mates since then? I also wanted to say I liked the humor in this story with how the bartender wouldn't serve the beer to the soldier and then at the end some businessman gives him the beer. It made me laugh when I read it.

[ Edit | View ]

• Anthony Palumbo -- Rex Tresmond, Fri, May 27 2005, 17:39:56 (69.161.118.13)
    My cousin was Anthony Palumbo, he is my hero, he died saving his buddies. If anyone has any additional information on Tony, please email me, RIP Tony!!!!

[ Edit | View ]

Replies:

• Camouflage -- Josh, Tue, May 31 2005, 17:38:19 (66.30.103.87)
    I am doing a project in my American Studies class to get a Veterans point of view on Vietnam, and how it was like. I read "Camouflage" by Billy R. Whisenant and was amused by it. It was funny how he was acting all goofy and tried to lighten up the situations that were occuring. It did not seem to impress the the officer, but it seems like something one of my friends would try and pull. If you would like to tell more on this story either e-mail me or post a response. It would intresting to learn more. You guys are not forgotten and very respected to me. Thank You for your honor and bravery!!

[ Edit | View ]

Main index ] [ Archives: 123456[7]89 ]
Comments to:
Patrick Camunes,
War Stories' Bulletin Board Webmaster!
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.