VoyForums

Sat, November 25 2017, 1:50:47VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Sun, February 01 2015, 11:02:15
Author: Jay Gearhart
Author Host/IP: 166.137.14.78
Subject: Re: Help Needed to Prove In Country Vietnam 62-63
In reply to: Joy Litchfield 's message, "Help Needed to Prove In Country Vietnam 62-63" on Fri, January 30 2015, 9:03:44

Joy, I hope I can help. I was in a army combat engr bt, the 299th cbt engineers in 68/ 70. My first duty was in Dak To , which , by the way was a stones throw away from the little town of Than Can .we called it tin can!there was a very early special forces camp in the Dak to area (63)with a small strip which would have been capable of landing the C123, and did.Now later on (65/69) the main Dakto firebase was relocated in a valley not far from the original special forces camp to provide a better i airstrip , which we built, and to accommodate the different infantry battalions and support. Can you send me your photos ? To this address.?Our Brotherhood of Dak To Defenders has located over 400 from as early as 63 who served , if only temporarily Tdy in the Dak to area .let me see if I can help. Jay

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: Help Needed to Prove In Country Vietnam 62-63 -- Don Poss, Sun, March 08 2015, 21:38:00
  • Re: Help Needed to Prove In Country Vietnam 62-63 -- Joy (Litchfield), Thu, April 09 2015, 5:25:33

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.