VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]


[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:25:50 03/16/02 Sat
Author: Rick
Subject: Mercury Sport Jet Owners

I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve performance, with the ride plate there's more planning area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump, nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]


Replies:

[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- kevin, 07:34:46 06/25/02 Tue

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

name, phone #? How do I get one? Is it for the 175?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Kevin, 17:52:07 06/25/02 Tue


>name, phone #? How do I get one? Is it for the 175?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- C.J., 07:29:35 07/02/02 Tue

>>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.
>
>name, phone #? How do I get one? Is it for the 175?


Do you have any leads on where I can get aaftermarket stuff for my 1994 Sea-Rayder - it is the 90 H.P and would like to get a performance impellar/rideplate etc...... Please e-mail with any info johnspet@dog.com

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- Sunny, 20:09:04 06/09/03 Mon

My 90 hp Mercury sport jet has no fire at all 3 cylinders, I'v followed the instruction in Mercury/Mariner of Seloc to measure the ohm of the trigger, they're in the range (1200-1400 ohm), but I measure the voltage approx 1.7 vol (maunal book 4 vol), So this trigger is defective or not?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- jon, 06:57:11 09/01/04 Wed

>My 90 hp Mercury sport jet has no fire at all 3
>cylinders, I'v followed the instruction in
>Mercury/Mariner of Seloc to measure the ohm of the
>trigger, they're in the range (1200-1400 ohm), but I
>measure the voltage approx 1.7 vol (maunal book 4
>vol), So this trigger is defective or not?

try disconnecting the rev limiter that was the cause of my similar problem

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- jack, 07:45:26 09/12/04 Sun

>>My 90 hp Mercury sport jet has no fire at all 3
>>cylinders, I'v followed the instruction in
>>Mercury/Mariner of Seloc to measure the ohm of the
>>trigger, they're in the range (1200-1400 ohm), but I
>>measure the voltage approx 1.7 vol (maunal book 4
>>vol), So this trigger is defective or not?
>
>try disconnecting the rev limiter that was the cause
>of my similar problem
the rev limiter was my problem also, I would start by disconnecting it also

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- ebtide, 17:57:49 10/26/04 Tue

>>My 90 hp Mercury sport jet has no fire at all 3
>>cylinders, I'v followed the instruction in
>>Mercury/Mariner of Seloc to measure the ohm of the
>>trigger, they're in the range (1200-1400 ohm), but I
>>measure the voltage approx 1.7 vol (maunal book 4
>>vol), So this trigger is defective or not?
>
>try disconnecting the rev limiter that was the cause
>of my similar problem
what does the rev limiter look like,,,, i have the same on my 95 donzi 90 h.p. sport jet, but the problem is intermittent

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- rogerou812, 01:43:59 09/30/04 Thu

I have the same problem you have and I have replaced the trigger and still have no fire. The stator is ok. I am going to replace the switch box and see what happens. Please contact me if you have anything that could help. Thanks.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- Rich L., 18:38:16 10/20/04 Wed

>I am putting my Sea Rayder away for the winter. I was told the motor is self draining and does not need winterization.Is this true?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet -- Phil, 08:09:04 07/26/05 Tue

>My sport Jet 90 had a few issues.. first the rev limiter went bad, then the electronic ignition went bad... started with a miss in the motor then progressed to total ignition failure. They are also famous for the magnets on the flywheel coming off and the ignition not firing properly or at all because the trigger isn't there anymore.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- DARREN, 20:36:17 11/17/09 Tue

>>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.
>
>name, phone #? How do I get one? Is it for the 175?
sign me up i want 1

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- SEAN WOLAK, 11:50:53 07/02/02 Tue

DO YOU KNOW IF THIS TRIM KIT WILL WORK WITH A REGAL RUSH ITS A 120 SPORT JET...IM ALSO LOOKING FOR SOME AFTERMARKET PARTS TO SUPP IT UP

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- dennis knighton, 05:50:16 12/24/05 Sat

>DO YOU KNOW IF THIS TRIM KIT WILL WORK WITH A REGAL
>RUSH ITS A 120 SPORT JET...IM ALSO LOOKING FOR SOME
>AFTERMARKET PARTS TO SUPP IT UP

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- dennis kmighton, 11:42:52 01/23/06 Mon

>>DO YOU KNOW IF THIS TRIM KIT WILL WORK WITH A REGAL
>>RUSH ITS A 120 SPORT JET...IM ALSO LOOKING FOR SOME
>>AFTERMARKET PARTS TO SUPP IT UP

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Tom Weaver, 22:48:53 07/05/02 Fri

I saw this posting and it peaked my interest. I have a 1998 Bayliner Jazz with a Mercury 175 HP Sport Jet and I am looking for a trim setup to bring the bow down and limit porpoising. Will this system work? Thanks Tom Weaver

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Tom, 12:34:25 07/30/02 Tue

Go to www.placediverter.com. Appears to only bolt up to the 175 & up Merc Sportsjet..

Waiting for info from them on if it will affect 180's/360's etc if left in the down position????

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Jim Kessler, 22:44:14 09/15/05 Thu

>Go to www.placediverter.com. Appears to only bolt up
>to the 175 & up Merc Sportsjet..
>I have a 1994 mercury sport jet, there is a valve stem coming out of the top power head it looks like it was added after it was bought can anyone tell me what this is 90hp
>Waiting for info from them on if it will affect
>180's/360's etc if left in the down position????
>
>>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Jon, 12:32:34 04/04/03 Fri

Tell me more. I have a Sea Rayder F14 with a Merc 120XR. I am about to replace the ride plate so contact me ASAP PLEASE! jon@thenadlercompany.com

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Chuck, 04:43:09 05/07/03 Wed

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

I would like to here from someone that has this trim system installed. I am interetsed in hearing about the performance improvements. I have a 2001 Sugar Sand Tango 4+2 with the 175 Sportjet. I am mainly interested a lower planing speed.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Jason, 15:22:26 08/04/04 Wed

I have a 1997 Regal Rush XR2 (175 HP Merc SportJet). What are the best modifications for this setup to increase top speed and/or acceleration.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- john from nelson N.Z, 02:42:42 09/15/04 Wed

>I have a 1997 Regal Rush XR2 (175 HP Merc SportJet).
>What are the best modifications for this setup to
>increase top speed and/or acceleration.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- john from nelson nz, 03:13:30 09/15/04 Wed

>I have a 1997 Regal Rush XR2 (175 HP Merc SportJet).
>What are the best modifications for this setup to
>increase top speed and/or acceleration.
Hi jason
finger trouble. if yu didnt get my previous msg. just to
say stop immediately if yu get four intermittent beeps
from engine warning system,otherwise it will cost a new
shortblock as mine did. oilpump drive failure. Hope you
are enjoying your toy, I really like the boat but feel it
could perform a little better considering the power to
weight ratio. From what Ive read mercury dont recommend
changing the impellor, but the jetski boys seem to have
an array of race impellors they can fit. If you learn of
any improvements to the performance of our boats would
appreciate it passed on at above email adds. I have a 1999
XR2175 bought new.....regards john

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Bobby, 12:21:44 04/21/12 Sat

>>Where did you get the short block and how much did it cost. I need one.
I have a 1997 Regal Rush XR2 (175 HP Merc SportJet).
>>What are the best modifications for this setup to
>>increase top speed and/or acceleration.
>Hi jason
>finger trouble. if yu didnt get my previous msg. just
>to
>say stop immediately if yu get four intermittent beeps
>from engine warning system,otherwise it will cost a new
>shortblock as mine did. oilpump drive failure. Hope you
>are enjoying your toy, I really like the boat but
>feel it
>could perform a little better considering the power to
>weight ratio. From what Ive read mercury dont recommend
>changing the impellor, but the jetski boys seem to have
>an array of race impellors they can fit. If you learn
>of
>any improvements to the performance of our boats would
>appreciate it passed on at above email adds. I have a
>1999
>XR2175 bought new.....regards john

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- DANIEL, 17:53:02 09/07/04 Tue

HAS ANYONE PUT A SET OF PERFORMANCE REEDS IN THEIR SPORTJET?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Raymond, 11:59:10 11/22/04 Mon

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.
send more info

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Hamish, 03:44:41 02/24/05 Thu

I have a 1995 Regal Rush with 90HP Mercury Jet. I find that it takes a long time to get up onto the plane. Once it is planng it gets along quickly but it just seems to struggle getting out of the water. Is there anything I can do to increase performance while accelerating without changing to a larger HP motor? Please reply to my email as well if possible hgale@bigpond.net.au

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- rockislandman, 12:26:36 06/08/05 Wed

I too have problem getting on plan with a full tank of fuel and people. I have a Doral Rebel/Splash w/ 120XR. I have just ordered Boyesen dual stage reeds and will update once I egt them installed.

>I have a 1995 Regal Rush with 90HP Mercury Jet. I find
>that it takes a long time to get up onto the plane.
>Once it is planng it gets along quickly but it just
>seems to struggle getting out of the water. Is there
>anything I can do to increase performance while
>accelerating without changing to a larger HP motor?
>Please reply to my email as well if possible
>hgale@bigpond.net.au

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Larry, 08:20:55 08/05/05 Fri

>I have a 1996 Mercury 150 outboard engine. I'm looking for a hull to put it on and have the opportunity to buy a 1996 Bayliner Jazz jet boat. It has the Mercury Jet drive but no engine. It had a Mercury 120 Jet. Does anyone know if my 150 outboard head will work with this setup? I'd appreciate any info

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Ken Dolan, 17:40:22 08/09/05 Tue

metaphors off in this post:
metaphors off in this message:


Effective January 1, 0000 until infinity:PLEASE LOOK AT NEWSGROUP POSTS WRITTEN BY KENNETH MARTIN DOLAN, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 317-84-6287 IN MADONNA-RAY-OF-LIGHT IN YAHOO.COM AND U2-ROCKS IN YAHOO.COM AND IN ALT.TESTING.TESTING IN GOOGLE.COM

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- xczcxzcxzxzcczqqqqqqqqqqqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 17:41:22 08/09/05 Tue

>
cxccxxzczlxchzxcjkzxkj

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Steve, 06:14:25 08/14/05 Sun

Will this Place Diverter work on a 1999 Sea Ray Sea Rayder with 175 Merc sport jet. Does it eliminate porpoiseing?

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- russell mccrary, 15:29:50 06/13/06 Tue

i have a 94 sport jet put new stator on it but will only run about 45 sec.can any one help

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- csat, 12:20:20 06/19/06 Mon

>i have a 94 sport jet put new stator on it but will
>only run about 45 sec.can any one help

Pull the spark plug and check the bottom cylinder. If it is filling up with gas that will prevent the engine from running or even starting, until the gas is drained out. If that is what you find it is probably a diaphram from the fuel pump which has gone bad and is filling the lower cylinder so it can not compress.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: 1995 Sgar Sand Mirage -- Tony, 15:46:56 07/10/06 Mon

My Mirage won't get on a plane. Same problem with loading people in the front, alone no chance. Is this the same as problems with other type jet boats?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Big "B" (Chillin), 17:04:03 07/31/06 Mon

I have a 95 Bayliner Jazz with the 120 sport jet. Top speed with 2 people is 35mph. First question 1. Is this typical for this boat? Second question 2. How do I get more power out of what I have?

Thanks to Everyone!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Josh, 18:41:36 04/06/07 Fri

I have a 96 bayliner jazz with the same motor and experience the same top speed. Did you get your question and have any ideas to speed mine up?

>I have a 95 Bayliner Jazz with the 120 sport jet. Top
>speed with 2 people is 35mph. First question 1. Is
>this typical for this boat? Second question 2. How do
>I get more power out of what I have?
>
>Thanks to Everyone!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- superdave, 10:38:47 07/24/07 Tue

>I have a 96 bayliner jazz with the same motor and
>experience the same top speed. Did you get your
>question and have any ideas to speed mine up?
>
>>I have a 95 Bayliner Jazz with the 120 sport jet. Top
>>speed with 2 people is 35mph. First question 1. Is
>>this typical for this boat? Second question 2. How do
>>I get more power out of what I have?
>>
>>Thanks to Everyone!

That seems slow as my 1993 bayliner Jazz with the Sportjet 90 goes better than 40 with similar load. Did you verify with a GPS as dash speedo is too inaccurate. Also check for compression on all 4 cylinders looking for approx 140 psi or better. You may have one dead cylinder.

good luck...

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Dion (faster), 18:14:11 01/28/07 Sun

Could anyone tell where I could get ahold of a 175 HP merc (anywhere in the world), or point me in the right direction. Thanks New zealand

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Dion (faster), 18:16:52 01/28/07 Sun

That is the 175 HP merc jet motor for the regal rush. Thanks

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- brett, 20:21:04 03/12/11 Sat

how did ya go with getting the bigger engin

>Could anyone tell where I could get ahold of a 175 HP
>merc (anywhere in the world), or point me in the right
>direction. Thanks New zealand

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- claude roland, 16:49:56 12/07/08 Sun

Help please, can anyone tell where in the world can I find
the protector boots for the steering and shifting cables on my sport jet mercury offshore tango? I also would love to have a parts book and a repair manual on this sugar sand model, I am restoring it and need someones help.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- brett (90 hp jet), 02:22:03 03/22/09 Sun

so does the Diverter Trim System change the performance i want to get up planing sooner and i want to plane at a slower speed please help

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Kristin (disapointed...), 18:54:19 05/01/09 Fri

HELLLPPP!! So we bought a 96 regal Rush today...took it on a water test last week, ran fine then, It ran at the dealer today, alone, and on a hose with the only exception being that the ignition switch wouldn't stop the engine. After a few minutes in the shop un hooking and re-attatching wires it seemed to be working fine. Tonight when we put it in the water it took a second to start then ran fine for a whole 15 minutes, then died after we hit a wake and barely started a to get us back to shore, When we were trying to start it, it wouldn't turn over at all, then it would run for a few minutes and die again. We took it out of the water and it wouldn't start at all. We tried to rinse the grate to see if the intake was cloged and that didn't fix the problem. The dealer is quite a ways away from our house so any IDEAS on things to try here????

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- Mark Randlett (200 sugar sand tango 175 XR2 Serial# 0E374165), 04:27:56 05/08/09 Fri

>Need a flywheel, cant get spark last year befire I stored it if dies on me it had been running like shit, I put it away for the winter. this week I went through it it want start no spark. I looked down inside the flywheel and I see 3 or 4 pieces of the marker plate broke. shouldnt I try changing the fly wheel first if so I need on. if this dont work I will put a new stater.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- dave, 13:03:32 08/24/09 Mon

i have a 94 regal rush 90 and ive got no spark on top cylinder changed stator,switch box,voltage regulator, wires,plugs any one have idea wtfs wrong with this thing

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- jeff (please help), 09:18:39 09/11/09 Fri

I have a 98 merc 175xr2 sportjet It will run all day with the hose, or at 50mph, but will start to overheat after a few mins at idol need to be pointed in the right direction to solve this problem my boys want to go fishing, thanks

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]


[> Re: Mercury Sport Jet Owners -- steve (losing my mind with this merc sport jet 90), 15:48:23 10/07/13 Mon

>I now have a Place Diverter Trim System available for
>your Mercury powered sport jet. This will improve
>performance, with the ride plate there's more planning
>area creating additional lift. It mounts to the pump,
>nothing mounts to the hull. Special Price of $595.00.
runs for 40 seconds then dies!! No spark..let it sit for two hours and fires right up!! Any ideas??

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]




VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

  Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

  E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]


Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.