VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:14:17 03/13/04 Sat
Author: Antje
Subject: Hi Syl :-) Thanks for bringing this board to my attention again, I admit I forgot about it, so many boards.... okay, as you know I was JUST reading this books this week, but in German. The German translation plainly sucks, but that's old news about German translations... I loved the spooky feel in this book, I'm a sucker for spooky and ghosts ;-) For me Nora is always a "feel good" read, I know she seldom disappoints me and gives me plenty of light and enjoyable and heartstring-tugging reads. I also have the feeling her research is well done. What I like maybe most about her not-In-Deaths, is the male banter, the dialogs! In Midnight Bayou I found the hero extremely well done, although the heroine was a bit pale IMHO, other than that, a perfect Nora again!
In reply to: Syl 's message, "Sassenach Musings" on 17:49:53 03/12/04 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Funny, I really LIKED the Chesapeake Bay trilogy. Written more from a man's POV, as the main characters are, and nicely done. The follow up (Seth's story Chesapeake Blue) was good too, but a bit predictable.) Her trilogys are very readable; I especially like the Irish ones and her most recent "Key" trilogy. One of the best things about Nora Roberts is that she's a prolific writer; you don't have to wait 2-3 years for the next book. She's no DG, but it fills in the time while waiting for Jamie!! -- DianaH, 19:52:49 03/14/04 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.