VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:18:04 01/29/10 Fri
Author: marvin silva
Subject: Re: 84th Engineer Battalion Construction
In reply to: S.D.Lubahn 's message, "84th Engineer Battalion Construction" on 15:43:59 12/28/09 Mon

Hi Steve,I'm a new member and this is my first posting.
My brother {Walter Silva} and I were assigned to the 84th EBC C company April,1963 at Fort Ord.We both "shipped" out to Qui Nhon in 1965 where we served out our 3 year enlistments.I referred to the troop ship as the " general leroy eltinge" and still remember the 18 day trip that ended up taking a month.After we transfered onto the Barrett we were not allowed up on deck so Vietman looked pretty good after that boat ride across the Pacific.We both served 2 1/2 years with C company and were also known as the "dawton brothers" because we were always in some kind of trouble.I was 17 and my brother 18 and I know now that our first sargent gave us alot of breaks!Thats all for now,Marv Silva

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Re: 84th Engineer Battalion Construction -- CHARLES ADAMS, 16:50:08 04/30/11 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (required):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.