[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: 16:41:00 01/13/14 Mon
Author Host/IP: 98-159-198-18.scottsboro.org/188.8.131.52
Post 336 B: Alpin Tree 1.
There has been some disagreement about this line. The information came from Ancestry.com and Geni. We genealogist do on occasion make mistakes and or have disagreements. Thus I will endeavor to post another version of this line. It all goes back to the same people, only in different ways.
An Alpin Tree
1. Alpin, King of Scots, d. 834 A.D.
2. Kenneth MacAlpin, King of Scots, d. 859
3. Constantine, King of Scots, d. 877
4. Donald II, King of Scots, d. 900
5. Malcolm I, King of Scots, d. 954
6. Kenneth II, King of Scots, 990
7. Malcolm II, King of Scots, d. 1034
8. dau. (%), Bethoc = Crinan, lay abbot of Dunkeld, d.1045
9. Duncan I, King of Scots, 1040
10. Malcolm III, (Ceannmor) King of Scots, d.1093=Margaret of Wessex
11. David I, King, d.1153=Matilda, Countess Huntingdon
12. Henry, Earl of Huntingdon, d.1152=Ada de Warenne, Countess Surrey
13. David, Earl Huntingdon, d.1219=Maud de Kevilloc, Countess Chester
14. % Esabella, d.1251 = Robert De Bruce, Lord Annandale
15. Robert Bruce, Lord Annandale, d.1295=Isabel de Clare, % of Gilbert
16. Robert Bruce, Lord Annandale, d.1304=Marjorie, % Neil, Earl Carrick
17. Robert I ( The Bruce) King of Scots, d.1329=Isabel, %Donald, Earl Mar
18. Marjorie, d. 316 = Walter, IV High Steward of Scotland
19. Robert II, King of Scots, d.1390 = Elizabeth, % Sir Adam Mure
20. Robert III, King of Scotland, d.1406 = Annabella, % Sir John Drummond
21. James I, King of Scots, 1437 = Joan, % John Beaufort, Earl Somerset
22. James II, King of Scotland, d.1460 = Mary, % Arnold, Duke of Guelders
23. James III, King of Scotland, d.1488 = Margaret, % Christian I, King of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden
24. James IV, King of Scotland, d.1513 -'V- Isabel Stewart, % James Stewart, 1st Earl of Buchan
25. v % Lady Janet Stewart (2. Fleming), 1502-1562 = William Graham, 3rd Earl Menteith, b.1500 Perthshire, Scotland
26. Robert of Gartmore, Graham, b.1522 = Margaret Elizabeth Erskine
27. % Agnes Graham, b.ca.1595 = John of "Eredy/Eridy", Alexander, son of William 1st Earl Stirling
28. Archibald Alexander of Ballybiglimore, b.ca.1611 = uk
29. William Alexander, of Manor Cuninghame, b.1686 = Jean
30. Archibald Alexander, b. Feb. 4, 1708 = Margaret
31. % Elizabeth Alexander, b.10/28/1735 Antrim, Ire. = John McClung
32. % Margaret Mary McClung, b.1755 Henrico, Va. = Robert Hood Tate
33. Aaron Tate, b.1788 Russell Co., Va.=Elizabeth Connelly, b.1789
34. Maburn "Dock" Tate, b.1811 Tenn. = Delana "Delany" Killion, b.1825 Tenn
35. % Elizabeth "Betty" Tate, b.1855, Fort Payne, AL = Solomon S. Puryear, b.1847 Granville, N.C.
36. % Mary Ada Puryear, b.01/19/1876 Scottsboro, AL = Linnville Andrews Dugger, b.1872, son of Hardin G. Dugger
37. % Rosa Grace Dugger, b.05/04/1904 Jackson Co., AL = Wiley Sanford Barnes, b.01/26/1902
38. % Ruby Catherine Barnes, b.08/29/1929 -'V- Dave Franklin Jackson, b.05/06/1925 Ga.
39. v Michael D. Barnes, b.1958, Knight Templar of the York Rite, Scottish Baron Lochaber.
P.S., King Christian I, of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, (father of Margaret, wife of James III), married Dorothea, daughter of John, Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach and Barbara of Saxe-Wittenberg. John, Margrave of Brandenburg-Kulmbach was the son of Frederick I, Margrave of Brandenburg and Elisabeth of Bavaria-Landshut, Meissen, of The House of Hohenzollern.
(= for married) [% for daughter or daughter of] (d. for died) [b. for born] ('V for mistress of) [v for bastard]
Some web sites: w. archive.org/stream/memorialsofearlo02rogeuoft/memorialsofearlo02rogeuoft_djvu.txt
Memorials of the Earl of Sterling and The House of Alexander: see Vol. II, Ch. XXVI & Vol. II, Ch. XV, pp. 59ff.
A thousand pardons, this site, voy, will not allow me to put the entire addresses on this site you will have to fill them in yourself. Add the second forward slash to the http and the three w's to the ww sites.
End Post 336 B: w.voy.com/40560/ teltalheart is Michael D. Barnes
[ Post a Reply to This Message ]