VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:41:21 01/08/02 Tue
Author: JG
Subject: Re: PRESS SILENT
In reply to: Almost fell in the same trap 's message, "PRESS SILENT" on 00:05:39 01/01/02 Tue

To further clarify my comments, I will tell you a little more about myself.
I AM a holocaust survivor and I am sickened by the way this 'event' has been trivialized by both jews and others.
The ruins of concetration camps have become religious relics and tourist attractions that various groups are trying to control to further their own purposes.
This is an old story where christians say to jews, 'You killed Christ' and jews reply, 'Christ was a jew and you killed him'.
The sloggan, 'Remember the holocaust' is routinely exploited in the most trivial and venal manner by all sorts of people for many different purposes.
People used to be accused of denying 'God', so now they are accused of denying 'the holocaust', etc. Very little has changed.
Survivors like me 'feel like vomitting' every time this 'bloody shirt' is waved just to raise some money, promote a cause or pet theory, or threaten those who go their own way in life, etc.
Anyway, as I said before, I give thanks every day that the attempt to lure me into a similar 'trap'. Some friends told me to 'walk away' and with considerable reluctance, I did walk away.

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2002 to ALL who read this.

A thousand years from now I am virtually certain there will be no evidence left on earth that any of us even existed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.