VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]
Subject: Learn How To Depend On Me, I Wont Let You Fall

Author:
Cherish the Moment
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:33:18 04/30/03 Wed
In reply to: Fox 's message, "+nods+" on 03:37:25 04/29/03 Tue

How do you do Magnolia? Very well, I trust. Yes, my name is indeed Cherish the Moment, but to my friends its nothing quite so formal. To my friends, and Im hoping you will include yourself as being one of them, its simply Charity. Friendship is one of the most important and meaningful gifts in life. When I left Destiny Falls I had many friends and I had, or at least I thought I had lost one very important friend. Fox here and I go way back, to before the dawn of time; at least it seems that way sometimes. I trust his judge of character and yes, I may be foolish to do so but I know that in order to have befriended you so quickly, you must be a very special mare.

What was it that she sensed? Hesitation? Uncertainty? Restrain? Fear? Perhaps none of those. Whatever it was, she felt a need to be kind to this mare. Could it be because Magnolia reminded her of herself? She was, she supposed, in many ways the same. But she also knew that, over the years, she had grown and matured, and no longer felt a need to her face from the rest of the world. There were times when shed wonder off to be by herself, not wanting the company of others. And there were other times, when she craved and longed for the companionship of someone else. She always had, and still did, prefer to have a one on one or one on two conversation opposed to speaking to a large number of horses. And although she could speak to large groups, and had gotten much better at voicing her opinions, it was never the same when speaking to a close friend or relation.

I used to be a little shy myself. Actually, Im under exaggerating; I used to be extremely shy, a silent wallflower in fact. It wasnt that I was rude or ignorant, or looked down on other horses. It was because I preferred to be by myself. Fox helped me to blossom; he was the one horse whom I knew I could go to for anything. And he would never, and he didnt ever, judge me. In other words, he was my friend, my best friend. And while Im not asking you to open yourself up to me completely, I am hoping that you will come to think of me as exactly that, a friend who will be there for you if and whenever you need me. Thats a promise, and its not often that I break a promise, especially one made to a friend.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
*fly away with memagnolia10:08:49 05/01/03 Thu

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.