VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:40:05 05/08/02 Wed
Author: Cari
Subject: War Eagle and Mai

I transplanted this report on my kids from a post I made at the FS board. I thought you might be interested, but might not have time to go over there and hunt it down.

My daughter has been doing very well as far as attitude and behavior since I started home-schooling. She isn't studying quite as diligently as I would like, but she's doing all right and I am very encouraged with how bright she is.

My son is doing fair. He has a learning disability and I think that tends to keep him on a frustrated edge. He cries or loses his temper a little too easily. He's not violent or anything, he just stomps off or gives up on the task he's at when he gets mad.

He pulled something on me yesterday. I had to restrain myself to not let him see how funny I found the situation. He has become obsessed with collecting and trading Pokemon cards. I told him he has a budget to adhere to and can only buy new cards once a week.

Every night he tries to devise a new reason why we have to make a premature trip for trading cards. When he came home from school yesterday I heard him start a fake cry as he came down the hall to the computer area. By the time he reached me he was in full sob because he had totally exhausted his selection of cards and "no one on the bus wanted to trade with him anymore". I could see in his eyes it was all a fake. I held my ground somewhat unsympathetically. So he whipped himself into a real sobbing frenzy until the act was so good that he forgot he was faking. He got so caught up in crying he could hardly stop himself. He ended up exhausting himself, falling asleep and missing his playtime with the neighbor boys.

See what happens to people who fake dramatic scenes, it just never comes out as they plan them.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.