VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:32:54 05/09/02 Thu
Author: Yosie
Subject: My 2 cents:
In reply to: WE67 's message, "Cari, read this>>" on 07:48:23 05/09/02 Thu

Cari, I've done some research on the net about this and what WE67 posted is the most comprehensive and concise article on PMDD I've seen.

I, too, recommend trying to find a female gynecologist if that is what you would prefer after all the years of poor visits with male MD's. Do you live near a University with a med program? Or a big teaching hospital? If so, look there.
I'm sure a new gyn would want to hear your history, do an exam, and would probably ask you if your symptoms are severe enough (i.e. interefering in your life in a negative way--family, raltionships, work, etc) to try medications. Some blood work would tell where you are roughly (in perimenopause) and that may determine if standard HRT is recommended anyway. If you're not the old hen you purport to be and thus that Rx is not indicated, perhaps a different, milder hormone combo (i.e "the pill")to reduce and level out your symptoms might be offered. Then there is also treatment with SSRI's such as Prozac, Zoloft, etc. According to the article, these have been used very successfully in small doses and only on certain days (unlike how it is prescribed for depression).

Maybe I'm off base here but it sounds like maybe you would like some sort of permission or justification for wanting relief and for not just "bucking up" like your parents taught you.
You seem like a cautious and wise person, not one who makes capricious decisions, so may I hint here that maybe you could extend to yourself the same compassion and caring that you show for everyone else, and seek relief if that is what you want.
Lemme know if you want some help finding a woman gynecologist in your area (email me).
((((Cari))))

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.