VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:39:41 05/13/04 Thu
Author: Blu
Subject: Happy Birthday Ray...
In reply to: Sam 's message, "I wish we could still be chillin' with Ray Gillen" on 06:34:22 04/29/04 Thu

Yesterday--May 12--was Ray's birthday. He'd be 43 if he were with us today.

His was a face that would have aged so beautifully, but we have his wonderful memory, and of course those amazing songs and albums, that have done so instead.

Ray wasn't with us long enough, but I have always sensed that it was his purpose--to touch and inspire, not to linger. His impact on those who knew him and even more amazingly those who didn't is astounding. I'm not always so sure he's gone, because he just seems incredibly present... something profound about this man continues to resonate for so very many. And so in that way he left behind for his family, friends, and fans the ultimate gift.

Happy birthday, Ray.

Blu

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.