VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

MISS MARYLAND TALK BOARD
Problems or questions? Email me @ marylandmoderator08@gmail.com

Subject: 2015 Miss Maryland

Author:
Michelle
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 28, 10:05:44am

Im new looking to compete in the 2015 Miss Maryland and Miss Maryland Outstanding Teen. Can someone tell me where to look to fine information on when and where all the locals are so I can start preparing? Thanks in advance.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Upcoming locals

Author:
Good luck to all the young ladies competing this season...be sure to check out www.missmd.infofor local pageant info..
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 12:54:37am

Subject: Chat with Kate Shindle on Thursday, October 9, 7:30 p.m., EST, on the Pageant Guru Board

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 02:11:41pm

http://www.voy.com/229344/

Subject: Ric Ferentz Miss America Collection Auction

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 07, 01:36:43pm

http://www.briggsauction.com/auctions.php?auction=181

Subject: What happened?

Author:
ge
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 09:44:27am

To the mandate the Miss MD can't hold a job or go to school. Jade said in an interview that she drives to work everyday.
Was that rule instituted to get rid of a certain contender?

Replies:
Subject: Miss America 2015 Resignation Petition

Author:
She needs to step down.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 10:51:26am

There is now a petition circulating calling for Kira to resign. It's an electronic petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/forcing-kira-kazantsev-miss-america-2015-t

Replies:
Subject: What are past winners doing noe? I am also interest in what past contestants are doing with their lives?

Author:
Inquiring Mind
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 04:29:11am

Once girls have either won or just aged out etc. I was wondering what they have gone on to do with their lives?

Where are they now and what re they going?

Subject: Any thoughts on contestants for next year? Who will be miss md 2015?!

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 15, 04:12:11am

Replies:
Subject: www.sunburstbeauty.com schedule is NOW posted on website. Mary@sunburstbeauty.com

Author:
Mary@sunburstbeauty.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 15, 05:27:29am

SUNBURST MODEL SEARCH PAGEANT
Check out the website for the Fall and Christmas Schedule NOW. www.SunburstBeauty.com
I am the State Director for ALABAMA, MISSISSIPPI, LOUISIANA, TENNESSEE, KENTUCKY, ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN, MISSOURI, MICHIGAN. MARYLAND & PENNSYLVANIA
You can download an entry form from the website. www.SunburstBeauty.com
Sunburst Model Search Pageant Information
EVERYONE receives a CROWN AND TROPHY
NO INTERVIEW !!!!!!!
NO TALENT NEEDED!!!!!!!
ONLY NEED ONE OUTFIT !!!!!!
We Prefer VERY Very LITTLE Makeup on 6 years and under !!!! PLEASE NO MAKE UP ON 3 AND UNDER.
Enter one hour before the pageant starts, See locations and time on the web site:
SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE. It is updated monthly
Winner in each age group and a overall winner at each local pageant.

Subject: Congratulations to Miss MD, Quality of Life Finalist

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 03:37:36pm

Replies:
Subject: Good luck, Jade!

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 08, 09:54:17pm

Today is Jade's interview and talent on Tues. night.
Good luck!

Subject: Sweetheart Pageant

Author:
Ebony fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 04, 03:27:46am

Who won the Sweetheart Pageant? How did Ebony do? Whether she made top ten or not, does not matter. She is an outstanding person and made us proud.

Replies:
Subject: Jade is a finalist for Quality of Life!!!

Author:
Way to go,Jade.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 05, 03:53:59am

Our beautiful and talented Miss Maryland 2014, Jade Kenny, is a finalist for Quality of Life Awards, as announced at Sign-In ceremonies in Atlantic City on Wed., Sept. 3, 2014.
Ceremonies took place on the famous Boardwalk.

Subject: Fadil Berisha pageant photos

Author:
Queens Choice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 04, 01:25:43pm

The amazing Fadil Berisha will be coming to Morgantown, WV on October 4th! Call or email for more information 304-296-3294 or 304-685-5362

Subject: wondering

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 14, 07:47:47am

Who was the last woman of color to be crowned Miss Md? Why are there so few local pageants held in the high-minority areas of Prince George's County or Baltimore? Seems like this program isn't offering opportunity to minorities.

Replies:
Subject: THE SECOND ANNUAL CONTESTANT CLIPS ARE UP

Author:
voy.com/209312/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 01, 07:39:30am

http://www.voy.com/209312/
There are over 300 clips of your favorites in interview, talent and more! Stop by and spend some time reviewing your favorites, the ones that are getting the most hype, and the ones you know nothing about!

Replies:
Subject: Sending good thoughts to both of our titleholders: Jade and Ebony as they compete at their respective pageants.

Author:
Maryland is proud of you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 01, 03:33:04am

Subject: Winning and Losing

Author:
Mo (Disappointing)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 06:58:51am

Found this on the Internet and thought I would share.

Winning and Losing
by EricTate, IL

I was inspired to write this piece by the things you see while running. Kids will storm away and cry, scream that they cheat. But there are always those few kids that simply congratulate you, then walk away.

Winning and Losing

Winning is a living thing, a complex deity to all living things.
Winning inspires people to do great things, and succeed where no others have before.
Winning is joy, happiness, and relief, deep down in the soul.
Winning is the cure for depression, the answer to life’s problems.
Winning lets you fly, releases you from all the stress and troubles.
All in that one brief second.

Yet there is another side to winning, one not well known.
Winning is a malicious beast, a terrifying nightmare.
Winning brews hate, revenge, and resentment, always lurking at the front of the mind.
Winning is envy, minds shattering in spite.
Winning stops dreams in their tracks.
Winning kills the drive to succeed, crushes all that one knows.
For if you win, someone loses.

Losing is a malicious, twisted being.
Losing is depression and hopelessness, never to succeed in your most wanted dream.
Losing is hate, the embers of revenge, worming through minds like the fog.
Losing will brew rage, snap minds with a flick.
Losing is chaos, destroying hope and dreams.
All in a quick flash.

Yet there is another side to losing, one not well known.
Losing is a friend, a helping hand.
Losing inspires hard work and dedication.
Losing commits you to an idea and a dream.
Losing starts a willful drive, a will to beat the thing.
The thing that is better than you, or stronger than you, or faster than you.
For if you lose, someone wins.

So when you win, remember the ones that lose.
Do not put them down.
Simply congratulate them.
And celebrate inside.

So when you lose, remember the ones ahead of you.
Do not become jealous.
Simply congratulate them.
And strive to achieve.

Subject: Miss MD

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, August 23, 08:52:43pm

Subject: Miss MD's beautiful photo from Tony Bowls photoshoot

Author:
fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 07:31:25pm

Replies:
Subject: Miss MD Video

Author:
Has anyone received their Miss MD videos ordered from the videographer in Cumberland?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 18, 02:51:27am

Subject: Eastern Shore Miss Maryland

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 22, 05:01:59am

It's so nice that a girl from the Eastern Shore is now Miss Maryland, Jade Kenny. I know there have been some from locals (Miss Tidewater/Miss Caroline Summerfest)on the Eastern Shore to win the title in sort of "recent" years, like Brittany Lietz, 2006 and Debra Fries,1991. But who was the last one as a resident or who grew up on the shore? Need some locals on the shore!

Replies:
Subject: Rachel Distefano

Author:
Confused
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 27, 03:08:13am

It appears the Rachel Distefano did indeed have a title with NAM starting Aug 2013 she was National America Miss Maryland Junior Teen 2013 , which means she held another title while she completed for the title of Miss Baltimore OT and then to go on and compete for Miss Maryland OT
This will be reported to Miss America Board - There is proof that she held this title Rachel herself competed in East Coast USA last weekend and was talking about this to other contestants RULES ALWAYS BROKEN !!! Ridiculous If you punish one punish all .

Replies:
Subject: When is Historic Maryland?

Author:
Ready for 2015
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 10:51:09am

Subject: Who do you want to see return next year, and do you have any advice for them?

Author:
Not too early to start!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 26, 05:55:37pm

Replies:
Subject: Trunk Show This Weekend!

Author:
Don't miss this opportunity to find some amazing deals on national level gowns, swimsuits, appearance wear, shoes, and more! Headshots by Chad Heller will also be offered at this exciting event!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 24, 08:23:30am

Replies:
Subject: Message from a Contestant

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 19, 05:57:00pm

Sitting here perusing the board as I usually do at 1:30 on a Friday night I am in shock and awe at some of the things I have read. There are some messages I simply will not read because I know they will make me physically ill, and I'm not about to put myself in that position, so here's what I have to say.

I competed at Miss Maryland last month. I will not tell you who I am, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. It was my first year in Maryland, though I've had experience competing in other states, and the nastiness that is portrayed by this message board is nothing more than slander put together by those who have nothing better to do after they did not get their way. I did not make the Top 10, but I am not going to sit behind a keyboard and bash an amazing young woman who has worked as long as I have to represent her state at Miss America. It was not the outcome I was hoping for, but I will file my paperwork for my scholarship money and it will be awarded as I request.

When I won my title I was welcomed whole heartedly by not only my local director but also with a personal message from Sherry Rush and other Local EDs, which is something they by no means had to do. I was welcomed by other girls with messages on my Facebook wall and text messages saying how proud they were that I was getting to go to state. These people are a community, a family, and if you speak poorly of one you are speaking poorly of all.

I have dedicated the last half a decade to this organization and wanting to become Miss America, but it will never happen for me. It does not mean I'm going to say that Jade was hand-picked to be Miss Maryland or the system is rigged. I'm not going to accuse girls of bullying and gossiping during Miss Maryland week when it didn't happen. I'm not going to say that the board is corrupt when they are not.

Jade is an intelligent, well spoken, passionate young woman who worked extremely hard to put her best forward for the judges every day and night of competition. There is nobody I would rather see represent Maryland at Miss America in September.

Miss Maryland Week is a lot like a sorority. You gain memories, best friends, sisters, and maybe even a few bridesmaids. But it's true, not everyone is going to get along at all times. There were issues throughout the week, but I'm not sure what you expect from placing 40-someodd girls in close quarters for six straight days. These problems were always resolved and we all remain close friends.

For those of you who sit here and bully or imagine rumors to post: I am ashamed of you. Whether you are a parent, a contestant, or just someone who calls themselves a fan, I am truly ashamed. As a contestant I urge you to step away from the program and remind yourself why you came to it in the first place. Nobody is making you stay, if you do not enjoy it, then please, I urge you, walk away.

There is nothing more heartbreaking than coming onto a board and seeing my sisters called obese or not in shape. It is important to remember that there is a large difference in "pageant girl" fit and "actual" fit. Not everyone is built the same, and while you may not have guessed it from the audience, I was clinically underweight at Miss Maryland to get the best possible swimsuit score I could. It is very easy to cause an eating disorder with just words, especially for young women who wear swimsuits with such standards put upon them. I know because it has happened to me.

I pray you read these words and take them to heart. These have not been easy to type, especially knowing in the back of my mind that readers will be picking their brains to decide who they come from. If you decide this is too much for you to read, I leave you with one thought: If you don't have anything nice (or constructive) to say, don't say anything at all.

With Love,
Forever a Member of the Miss Maryland 2014 Class

Replies:
Subject: Newbie

Author:
Anonymous
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 18, 06:14:20am

My family just moved to Maryland (Damascus) and my daughter has competed in another state's Miss title recently. If she were to compete for Miss Maryland, who are the best directors or best titles to compete for??

Replies:
Subject: What is the code to use to see pics from pageant on photography by dale site

Author:
Seeker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 11:33:14am

Replies:
Subject: Send-Off Celebration for Sarah

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 02:36:21am

When and where will be a Send-Off for Sarah? She seems like a wonderful young lady and titleholder. Would love to show her some support. Time for her is running short and we need to make plans. Please inform of details to send this special MMOT 2014 off to FL in style.

Replies:
Subject: What locals offer the best scholarships? What are the award packages?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 07:11:06am

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland's Outstanding Teen 2014 Results

Author:
Liz Guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 07:21:25am

Winner - Miss Maryland’s Outstanding Teen 2014, Sarah Robinson (Miss Northern Maryland OT). Award: $700. Talent: vocal, “Bring Him Home.”

1 RU – Brittany Brown, Miss Baltimore OT. Awards: $225, Preliminary Talent trophy. Talent: self-choreographed contemporary dance, “Gravity.”

2 RU – Rachel Di Stefano, Miss Annapolis OT. Award: $200. Talent: vocal, “Let It Go.”

3 RU – Cheyenne McGlothin, Miss Appalachia OT. Award: $150. Talent: jazz dance, “Cha Cha.”

4 RU – Taylor Ammons, Miss Allegany County OT. Awards: $100, Academic Achievement trophy. Talent: piano, “Sabre Dance.”

Teen Semi-Finalists

Kayla Steed, Miss Antietam OT. Awards: Top Talent and Preliminary Talent trophies. Talent: baton, “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend.”

Savannah Sines, Miss Cumberland OT. Award: Preliminary Talent trophy. Talent: dance, “Don’t Rain on My Parade.”

Jessica Bayuk, Miss Frederick OT. Award: Photogenic $100. Talent: Jazz Dance, “Bom Bom.”

Sara Farmer, Miss Washington County OT. Talent: jazz vocal, “Exactly Like You.”

Francisca Moreno, Miss White Oak OT. Talent: vocal, “Someone Like You.”

Teen Non-Finalist Awards

Rebecca Block, Miss Historic Maryland OT. Non-Finalist Talent trophy. Talent: jazz dance, “I Want to Be a Rockette.”

Karyn Kittrell, Miss Frostburg OT. Non-Finalist Interview trophy.

Replies:
Subject: There is obviously a very disappointed contestant or mother that is continuing to bully and harass Jade via this message board. If you honestly don't have the guts to leave your name, leave this board. If you are a contestant- I AM GLAD YOU DID NOT WIN! As you obviously do not represent yourself- let alone the state of Maryland- well. If it is a mother, you should be truly ashamed of yourself.

Author:
What kind of person does this to a girl who has just worked so hard for so long. Everyone deserves to have their moment in the sun. Right now, that is Jade. Let her enjoy it and butt out.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 02:00:59pm

Replies:
Subject: Christina Denny

Author:
me3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 04:11:30am

Does anyone know if she has plans to return to MD USA? She is a SURE winner there ......I know she did compete there before, but with her new MAO experience she is BOUND to win there. Please....someone tell her! She is SO GORGEOUS!

Replies:
Subject: Written by a CT contestant that just aged out.Is this how you want a bashed contestant to feel?

Author:
think before you type
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 03, 02:59:21pm

First and foremost, thank you to those for supporting me and having my back on the boards and in life.

For those of you who know me, know that I am not one to stay quiet when something is not right. I will always stand up for others and myself. It does not matter whether or not I am “above” the cattiness or the immaturity or the jealousy. What matters is that it is not right and ultimately my character is being slandered by strangers who A) do not know me and B) do not have the courage to put their name to their hurtful words.
As I look back on my years as a pageant competitor, I look at all of the things I tried. I look at all the obstacles I have overcome. I look at all of the friends I’ve made. I look at all of the hearts I’ve touched. You know what’s sad? The things that still stand out on my journey, are the hurtful things that people have said and done to me on this journey to say, “no, Liz. You can’t”. So, this is my response to all of you that said I couldn’t.
You were wrong. Plain and simple. Because, I did. I did exactly what I set out to do. Before I explain what exactly that was, perhaps, I will set the story straight first. I did in fact work with my “dream team” and am proud of my performances both this year, last, and the year before. Yes, I have aged out but I did not go “guns out” this year. I used the same group of people as I did last year. I was just more vocal about thanking them and giving them the credit they deserved. Of course, I have had off and on nights. Of course, I am disappointed that I did not place this year. However, to imply that I was attempting to buy my way to the crown through coaching is not only hurtful but entirely inaccurate. Before any more people decide to criticize my performance perhaps you should get to know me and realize that my time on the Miss Connecticut stage and in the Miss America Organization was a struggle. I did in fact compete in Ohio in 2010. I have not admitted this to many people but I thought I would share it with you now…in 2010, my closing in my Miss Ohio interview was as follows:
“I want to thank you for giving your time to judge this incredible pool of contestants. I have spent the past week rooming with the most amazing woman I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have learned so much from her. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m not ready for the job of Miss Ohio. She has shown me that being Miss Ohio is much more than a crown and I’m just not ready for that right now. I am so humbled to be Miss Huron County and look forward to serving my community but I am not ready today to be a state titleholder because I’ve seen a girl who is ready and I hope to be THAT ready someday but that day is not today. Thank you”
Now, my roommate did not win, nor did she make the top 5 that year but she truly embodied what a state titleholder should be and I would have never forgiven myself if I had taken that opportunity from someone who truly deserved it. That year, was a rough one for me. I was “overweight” for the pageant world. I completely made up a word on stage for my on-stage question and I wore bright blue eye shadow.
Since 2010, I have lost over 40 lbs. I have survived an ACL tear and attempted (as many of you will never let me forget) a poor vocal performance. I'm aware that singing is not my true talent which is why I sought out Shea Sullivan to help me get over my apprehension regarding my ACL and to allow me to fall in love with dance again. I have only part of my hamstring because they used it for my surgery. If that's not enough of a feat to be proud of, I was born with a brain malformation that affects my balance. Try walking in swimsuit heels when some days you struggle standing. I have overcome more than anyone on those horrid purple boards could ever know and I hope next year he/she all thinks twice about the mean things he/she writes on there about other girls. People have no idea what our stories are and why we decide to compete.
I have given my whole heart to this organization. I was ready for the job but it wasn't meant to be. I am more than okay with that. If any of you actually watch Miss America the top 15 girls are rarely the best talents amongst the 53 so to imply that I would not have held my own is also highly inaccurate. I created some amazing relationships along the way and have been torn down by those that are too cowardly to put their name to their horribly mean posts. I have been called fat, "rain man", talentless, lacking style, that my gown was "ill-fitting", etc. This organization is not for tearing girls down. Every girl loses weight during pageant week because you are constantly on the move so yes my gown was a little loose this year. It happens. I'm proud to say that I never once dieted and that my body was pure hard work, regardless of whether or not you think it is a good one. I am leaving for law school this summer and for those of you that were curious earlier, I was more than prepared to defer.
In the future, I hope you don't hide behind your computer or bash girls behind their back and yet continue to be nice to them to their face. Instead reach out a hand and help those you feel need it. I am writing to merely set the record straight regarding my prep and to encourage everyone writing on those boards to think twice in the future. Each and every one of those girls has a story and they just want it to be heard. They want to touch the lives of others with their passion for a cause and this organization. Let them do that in peace. The world needs a little more light. It has been quite the journey in the Miss Connecticut Organization and I am proud of all that I and the other girls have accomplished.
In response to the particular thread regarding my prep I am uncertain why I was singled out but I can tell you that I leave with feelings of confusion, hurt, humiliation, and feeling attacked. This organization was a huge part of my life and I did nothing but try to better it and those that were involved. I stand with my head held high knowing that a crown does not make me a leader or an inspiration to others. I wish everyone within the organization the best of luck and I pray that it changes for the better.
To come full circle, I set out to make a difference. I wanted to make a difference in the lives of those I met. I wanted to make a difference in my community. I wanted to stand for something bigger than me. I wanted to show everyone that you don’t have to be perfect to be inspiring. I wanted to show everyone that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. I wanted to be a mentor to little girls. I wanted to show children, young adults, parents, the baby boomers, our elders, and everyone in between that they matter. I wanted to be the best role model I could be for my nephew. And I did all of that without a crown. Then I did it all again with the title of Miss Bristol. I could not be more proud of representing a town that has supported me in being “Liz”.
I look forward to my next journey and I hope that those that understand and believe in me will come along for the next ride. Thank you for letting me be “Liz”. Thank you for recognizing that being “Liz” is good enough.

Subject: Are Taylor Steed and Kayla Steed sisters?

Author:
What are their titles? Any other sister acts?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 08, 10:42:55am

Subject: Are there going to be any pictures from the actual competition? What about the pictures taken when girls won awards and of the prelim winners?

Author:
Pageant fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 01:16:53pm

Subject: Why the alley exit??

Author:
Confused and disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 01, 08:44:41am

Thought the pageant was great and the winners were beautiful and deserving of their titles. My one complaint was with what happened after the finale. Why did they herd all of the girls out in the alley to meet their families afterward?? First of all,all the girls worked so hard not just all week but for months to prepare for this competition and it seemed like a less than honorable exit. Plus I'm sure their families would have loved to get some photos with them in their gowns after the pageant. Why not let let them go out and see their families for a few moments first?? That was not too classy Miss MD board.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland Outstanding Teens

Author:
Marylander
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 26, 06:11:38am

Replies:
Subject: I have something to say

Author:
R-E-S-P-E -C-T people!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 02, 03:23:09am

FYI you're not the judges or directors of this pageant and even if you were its over and you can't change the results. Miss America is about friendship and sisterhood, where's yours? I am DISGRACED at everyone's behavior on this board this year! It is inexcusable to bash these hardworking, distinguished young women in this way. Thanks to you all we are referred to as the "Maryland B's" on the national board and this is referred to as "typical Maryland." This is a wonderful program and none of you should want it thought of in this way. No matter what your opinions Jade and Sarah are our new titleholders and they DESERVE our respect as they compete at nationals and during their year of service.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland 2014 Results

Author:
Liz Guy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 06:58:36am

Winner - Miss Maryland 2014, Jade Kenny (Miss Allegany County). Awards: $10,000 scholarship, Overall Interview $500, Overall Talent $500 (tie S. Zeng), Preliminary Talent $150 (tie S. Zeng), Top Evening Gown (Synchronicity gown credit), Fox fur coat from Maryland Fur Trappers valued at $4,800; Gas allowance for appearances from Citco of $2,500, several additional gifts and services. Talent: ballet-en-pointe to non-classical music (do not recall the name of the piece). Jade’s dance was beautifully choreographed, skillfully executed and highly entertaining.

1 RU – Ebony Rose Sherill, Miss Annapolis. Awards: $4,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $100, IAHA (International Air and Hospitality Academy) tuition scholarship. Talent: self-choreographed lyrical dance.

2 RU – Morgan Lash, Miss Mountain City. Awards: $3,000 scholarship, Rookie of the Year $250, CMN Miracle Maker trophy. Talent: vocal, “Bound to You.”

3 RU – Stephanie Meadowcroft, Miss Potomac. Award: $2,000 scholarship. Talent: vocal, “Journey to the Past.”

4RU – Sara Zeng, Miss Frostburg. Awards: $1,500 scholarship, Overall Talent $500 (tie J. Kenny), Preliminary Talent $150 (tie J. Kenny). Talent: piano, Chopin’s “Fantasie Impromptu.”

6 Semi-finalists:

Kati Peditto, Miss Anne Arundel County. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Talent $150. Talent: flute, “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”

Taylor Steed, Miss Antietam. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Talent $150, Miss America Academic Award $1,000. Talent: baton, “You Can’t Stop the Beat.”

Katerina Rice, Miss Black Eyed Susan. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $150, Miss Photogenic $100, People’s Choice (based on fan voting, not necessarily the 11th semi-finalist). Talent: vocal, “A New Life.”

Taylor Lokey, Miss Western Maryland. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $150. Talent: baton, “Heart of Courage.”

Paige Dutrow, Miss Rocky Gap. Award: $1,000 scholarship. Talent: baton, “Requiem for a Tower.”

Monique Sparks, Miss Washington County. Award: $1,000 scholarship. Talent: self-choreographed belly dance fusion.

Non-finalist Awards

All non-finalists: $500 scholarship

Kaytie Riley, Miss Northern Maryland, Non-Finalist Talent $100. Talent: vocal, “Habanera” from Carmen

Cara Marrero, Miss Mason Dixon. Non-Finalist Interview $100.

Replies:
Subject: JADE KENNY!!!!!! MISS MARYLAND 2014!!!!

Author:
AHHHHHHHHH
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 03:13:14pm

Replies:
Subject: Which former Miss Marylands has this board been happy and excited by her win?

Author:
Wondering??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 12:19:50am

Congratulations, to the new Miss Maryland, Jade Kenny.
Please stop visiting this message board. It will be a waste of your time.
I can't remember a year when this message board was happy and excited about the outcome of the pageant. Please be kind and remind me of the winners that this message board has supported because I can't recall.
(Maybe one - Marina Harrison, had it been that long?)

Replies:
Subject: HELP! Where can we get videos of prelim and final pageant nights?

Author:
wishing I was there
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 29, 07:14:56am

Replies:
Subject: Preliminary winners? Keep us at home posted.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 26, 03:34:55pm

Replies:
Subject: Groupings - Miss

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 05, 03:19:19pm

MU (EOSQ, T, SS)
1. Stephanie Meadowcroft
2. Audi Colombo
3. Samantha Hawkins
4. Shea Sullivan
5. Monique Sparks
6. Kati Peditto
7. Katelyn Millison
8. Taylor Lokey

Delta (T, SS, EOSQ)
1. Megan Kiley
2. Shanice Lewis
3. Cara Marerro
4. Kendall Smith
5. Emily Logan
6. Cynthia Ford
7. Taylor Steed
8. Katerina Rice

Sigma (SS, EOSQ, T)
1. Maria Pifer
2. Paige Dutrow
3. Sara Zeng
4. Kaytie Riley
5. Ebony Sherril
6. Briana Rohrer
7. Morgan Lash
8. Jade Kenny

Replies:
Subject: Miss Deleware. http://www.scsuntimes.com/article/20140625/NEWS/140629837

Author:
Why are the rules and requirements so misunderstood and/or checked out?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 27, 04:15:40am

Subject: Why is Hawkins not on the website anymore? No Miss Baltimore competing?

Author:
Wow. The day before...
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 22, 04:59:46pm

Replies:
Subject: Taylor Lokey was GORGEOUS at the mall sign in!! Would compete WELL at MA

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 05:48:24am

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland 2014

Author:
Marylander
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 26, 06:06:15am

Subject: Miss Maryland 2014 - McDonald's Appearance

Author:
Marylander
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 26, 05:50:48am

Subject: How was sign-in??????

Author:
Who stood out?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 23, 10:11:02am

Replies:
Subject: Christina

Author:
Love her.. Would love to see a better picture of Christina on website,
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 19, 11:24:41am

Subject: Who is aging out of either Miss or Teen this year?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 06:35:02am

Replies:
Subject: Prince/Princesses

Author:
Interested...how many do we have this yr and are their photos be added to Md website
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 17, 01:40:08pm

Subject: I have an awesome idea. Let's not bash or hype and just support everyone especially including the lucky young lady who win this year :)

Author:
Current State Contestant Parent (Proud! You go girls)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 13, 07:30:46am

I like this idea.

Replies:
Subject: Can we get a full schedule of Miss MD week!!! Only 6 more days!!!!!!!

Author:
So excited!! Go girls!! Love ya!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 16, 01:22:46pm

Subject: VA NAM Optional Judges July 11 & 13, 2014

Author:
Jerri James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 13, 06:36:17am

July 11 & 13, 2014
Hyatt Regency
1800 Presidents Street
Reston, VA 20190

VA NAM is looking for day judges for Friday (July 11) and Sunday (July 13) to judge its optional events (talent, casual wear modeling, actress, and spokesmodel). We will provide mileage, parking, and lunch. In addition, hotel maybe provided for these optional judges as well.

If you have a reasonable commute to Reston from your home location, and have pageantry experience, performing arts, or related life experiences in evaluating people, skills, and things, please email me at jjames@prodigy.net as soon as possible. Be sure to include in your email your qualifications or attach a resume.

Subject: Talent Practice

Author:
??
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 05, 12:55:57pm

I heard that the piano players use the piano backstage for extra practice. That seems unfair if the singers and dancers aren't given the stage for extra practice.

Replies:
Subject: Vote for most photogenic

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 07, 02:12:56am

Just saw an ad on Facebook for this contest for a fundraiser for MMO. Please fill in details. Is this on the MMO website somewhere?

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland USA

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 01:51:59am

Anyone else notice Maryland's top 10 placement last night? It was Maryland's fourth consecutive appearance in either the top 15 or 10, that 4 years in a row. Great job Maryland USA folks.

Replies:
Subject: Haha I love how only 3 of the 10 ladies crowned as 2014 State Titleholders have been their state's favorite

Author:
Routing for the qualified underdog. (Happy, Surprised)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 09, 03:37:11am

Just goes to prove, its the judges pick, not yours.

Replies:
Subject: Can anyone tell me what the national voy chat room website is?

Author:
Thank you!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 08, 10:29:02am

Subject: What is the fitness ad on the website....interesting..

Author:
Interesting...who owns this franchise, what is this about
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 07, 01:46:29pm

Subject: 2014 Miss Contestants - 24 local titleholders

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 10:57:31pm

Allegany Co. - Jade Kenny
Annapolis - Ebony Sherrill
Anne Arundel Co. - Kati Peditto
Antietam - Taylor Steed
Appalachia - Briana Rohrer
Baltimore - Samantha Hawkins
Bel Air - Cynthia Ford
Black Eyed Susan - Katerina Rice
Central MD - Megan Kiley
Charm of the Chesapeake - Shea Sullivan
Cumberland - Maria Pifer
Frederick - Kaitlynn Mileson
Free State - Shanice Lewis
Frostburg - Sara Zeng
Historic MD - Audreanna Colombo
Mason Dixon - Cara Marrero
Mt. City - Morgan Lash
Northern MD - Kaytie Riley
Potomac - Stephanie Meadowcroft
Rocky Gap - Paige Dutrow
University City - Kendall Smith
Washington Co. - Monique sparks
Western MD - Taylor Lokey
White Oak - Emily Logan

Replies:
Subject: The Miss Maryland Scholarship Organization is no longer crowning Scholars.

Author:
Apparently the winner is chosen before the competition... or maybe just the losers.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 12, 01:09:03am

I've heard that this year a contestant will not be chosen for Miss Maryland if she is a full time student or maintains a full time job. This idea is baffling to me. Isn't MMO a scholarship organization? So, why the hell are they saying point blank that they aren't crowning scholars?

This is obviously a tactic to ensure that the directors get whoever they've chosen to be their puppet to win. Especially after one of our most successful Miss MD was a full time student at Cornell.

Replies:
Subject: Photos of the contestants are up! http://missmd.info/MMD.htm

Author:
--
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 29, 06:12:31am

Let's get this party started!

Replies:
Subject: Trivia: Miss Maryland has not crowned a girl younger than 20 in 33 years

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 05, 04:46:40pm

Replies:
Subject: Teens

Author:
FIM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, May 07, 01:49:41am

Mu

Brittany Brown
Sarah Robinson
Amy Ingram
Taylor Ammons
Rachel Distefano
Rebecca Block

Delta

Sara Farmer
Savannah Sines
Gallienne Gilmer
Karyn Kittrell
Leah Ellis

Sigma

Cheyenne McGlothin
Alyson Mellon
Alanah Mollerick
Steed
Francisca Moreno
Frederick-

Replies:
Subject: Pre-Teen List of Contestants

Author:
The 3rd Maryland State Finals
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 10:08:27am

How can we also show a list for the Pre-Teens? It is hard to keep up with which local pageants have crowned pre-teens. Thanks to anyone that might have a good list of these young ladies.

Replies:
Subject: Standouts from Orientation

Author:
Courtesy of Miss Historic MD Facebook Page
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 04, 12:49:13pm

Jade K., Samantha H., Morgan L., Ebony S., Stephanie M. It will most likely come down to Samantha, Jade, and Morgan

Subject: Outstanding Teen

Author:
Outstanding Teen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 29, 05:36:50am

TEEN:
Historic Md.
University City
Appalpha
Northern Md.
White Oak
Washington Co
Western Md.
Baltimore
Annapolis
Anne Arundel
Allegany
Cumberland
Frostburg
Mt. City
Frederick
Free State ?

Replies:
Subject: 2014 Miss Contestants

Author:
FYI
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 03, 02:06:24am

Historic Maryland- Audreanna Colombo
Appalachia - Briana Rohrer
University city - Kendall Smith
Northern MD - Kaytie Riley
White Oak - Mae Alexander
Baltimore - Samantha Hawkins
Annapolis - Ebony Sherrill
Anne Arundel Co. - Kati Peditto
Washington Co. -Monique Sparks
Western MD- Taylor Lokey
Frederick - Katelyn Millison
Allegany co. - Jade Kenny
Cumberland - Maria Pifer
Frostburg - Sara Zeng
Rocky Gap - Paige Dutrow
Black Eyed Susan - Katerina Rice
Mason Dixon - Cara Marero
Mt.City - Morgan Lash
Antietam - Taylor Steed
Bel Air - Cynthia Ford
Free State -
Potomac -
South Mt. -
Central MD -
Charm of the Chesapeake-

Replies:
Subject: Teens and PreTeens

Author:
Listmaker - Could someone post an updated list of teens and preteens, thanks much.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 11:59:03pm

Subject: Any predictions on how our Miss Maryland is going to do at Miss USA!

Author:
Future miss USA?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 18, 12:36:35pm

Replies:
Subject: I think a lot of people are overlooking some of the new comers

Author:
Pageant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, April 17, 02:07:57pm

Replies:
Subject: Meadowcroft is in!!! Say hello to our next miss maryland!

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, April 13, 12:31:58pm

Replies:
Subject: Final Miss Maryland contestant list

Author:
Miss Wanabe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 08:30:07am

Now that the locals are finished we need a complete list

Subject: Sweeps on April 12?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 11:01:57am

Where and when? Please inform.

Subject: Miss Belair 2014, what is happenning with that??

Author:
Is there a winner? And is she going to Miss MD?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 31, 01:31:10pm

Replies:
Subject: who won last night

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 30, 11:18:40pm

Replies:
Subject: State contestants

Author:
state contestants
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, March 29, 05:27:56am

Miss
Miss Historic Md.
Miss University City
Miss Appalchia
Miss Northern Md.
Miss White Oak
Miss Western Md.
Miss Washington Co
Miss Baltimore
Miss Annapolis
Miss Anne Arundel
Miss Allegany
Miss Cumberland
Miss Rocky Gap
Miss Frostburg
Miss Mt. City
Miss Frederick
Miss Mason Dixon
Miss Black-Eyed Susan
Miss Free State
Miss Potomac
Miss South Mountain
Miss Central Md.
Miss Charm of Chesapeake

Subject: SPAM A- LOT!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 27, 08:31:39pm

Due to the spam that has been trying to take over the Miss Maryland Talk Board, and in an effort to curtail this problem, this board will now be on moderated status, which means that you will not see your messages show up instantly after you create them. They will need to be approved by the moderator before they show up on the board. We hope that these spammers will find other productive things to do with their time. We have all tried to ban them, and to put a time limit on how often you can post, but they are apparently bored with their own lives and want to toy with ours. All messages will need to be approved from now on. I will check as often as I can, as we get near pageant time, but it may not be everyday. We hope this is temporary. Good Luck to all the young women competing this year!!

Subject: More locals announced

Author:
According to Miss MD website
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, February 28, 03:56:59pm

March 29 - Miss Black-Eyed Susan, Miss Mason Dixon (Cumberland, MD)

April 12 - Miss Free State, Miss Potomac (Hagerstown, MD)

April 12 - Miss South Mountain, Miss Central MD, Miss Charm of the Chesapeake (Hagerstown, MD)

Replies:
Subject: Do we know of any other strong competitors that have not yet been crowned?

Author:
Anyone who could win the MMO title???
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 06:03:31am

Replies:
Subject: Non-Pageant Postings

Author:
What 's happening?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 23, 09:12:39am

Dear Administrator of this Talk Board, Is it possible for you to remove all of the non-pageant related topics that have recently appeared? We really don't appreciate some of these things. Thanks for anything that you are able to do.

Replies:
Subject: Top Contenders: Taylor Lokey, Ebony Sherrill, Samantha Hawkins, Morgan Lash...with Morgan Lash or Samantha Hawkins as Miss Maryland 2014

Author:
IMHO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 02:34:24pm

Replies:
Subject: Who is competing at Miss Frostburg this Sat.?

Author:
How many titles will be awarded?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, March 14, 07:39:23am

Replies:
Subject: State Contestants

Author:
MISS and TEEN
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, March 20, 11:22:28pm

What titles of Miss and Teen , that will go to state ?

Replies:
Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.