Saturday, June 25, 2016 - Member logins with Firefox should now be operational.
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

MISS MARYLAND TALK BOARD
Problems or questions? Email me @ marylandmoderator08@gmail.com

Subject: 2016 Winners

Author:
Follower
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 01:47:46am

Miss Maryland 2016 Hannah Brewer Dell. MAOT 2016 Allison LaForce

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: THANK YOU DESTINY!!!!!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 27, 12:44:52am

Destiny Clark was simply a breath of fresh air. After years of seeing the "same old, same old" Pageant Patty girls compete, it was so great to see a hip, modern girl take the title. I hope she has paved the way for a new, diverse range of Maryland women to come through and compete. If we're lucky, Destiny would even stick around for a few years - I imagine she could really drum up support for the State program in areas that are currently underserved by our State board.

BEST OF LUCK Destiny!!!

Subject: Hopes a deserving girl wins

Author:
You need medical help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 03:58:39am

You have to be kidding me. There are still people bitching about last year?! If you are in the pageant again this year, I feel sorry for you. Just drop out and get a grip over your life you winey little babies. Grow the f*** up, this isn't high school anymore. You may have your degrees but you certainly have the real world intelligence of a kindergartener. I would suggest getting some real help if you are still hung up on this. Destiny has been a phenomenal Miss MD and has been such an inspiration. It's a shame the shit she has to go through that probably took away from the amazing year she should have had. No one deserves to go through that. Yet she has still somehow managed to shine. That's what real queens do. I can't believe how ignorant some of you are, to say we need a more educated Miss MD with a college background, then to say she broke all the rules while all the other girls worked soooo hard?! Yeah hard running their mouths, making up lies to portray her being worse than satan, and being sore losers! She worked just as hard, she was also new to the system and has been through so much. She may have not been to college yet but that is because of her background and as a result, she had to put college on hold. She is an extremely intelligent girl though, an eloquent speaker and is über talented. I watched her story on YouTube the other day and it had me in tears. I could see her pain but I don't know how she was able to tell it so eloquently without breaking down. Also Berklee is not a little deal. So what if what they say is true and she did break rules, I'm assuming it may have been because she did not know them. I did not see one person reach out to her. You all should be supporting one another, not tearing eachother down just because someone is different. Destiny was amazing at Miss America and represented our state with so much grace and class. The one thing I do agree with is that I could see the miss America board seeing all the drama that happened last year and strictly not allowing her to place, with the odds that any of be true (which it obviously wasn't). Or, they may have even done it to spare her any further pain or drama because I'm sure that the same sore losers would have continued to try and tarnish her name and tear her down even on a national level. I mean big organizations like that have to protect their brand and if that was the case, you really should be ashamed of yourselves because you costed your state a chance. I don't think it actually had anything to do with her performance. I was there for all three nights and she was on point for all of them. She could have easily won and totally had her game face on. We're proud of you Destiny and in some way happy you didn't win because we got to have you be an influential Miss Maryland. Thank you for your resilience. To be honest, there are only about 5 contestants this year that deserve the crown based off the nastiness displayed last year. I really hope the right girl wins.

Replies:
Subject: ???

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 26, 01:31:44pm

Why have there been no posts here all week? Most other states are posting pictures, videos, reports, lots of content! Too bad Maryland MAO doesn't care about the FANS. Will we even get the name of the winner?

Replies:
Subject: Who are the members of the board and what do they do?

Author:
Interested party
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 09:15:30am

Just wondering...

Replies:
Subject: Judging VA NAM July 29-August 1, 2016

Author:
Jerri James
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 23, 11:14:47pm

Looking for a female judge to participate in our pageant Friday-Monday evening, July 29-August 1. Will pay mileage, parking, hotel, and provide meals. Location is at the Hyatt Reston in Virginia. Please email me at jjames@prodigy.net along with a brief bio.

Subject: Steed, Lokey, Meadowcroft all look like Miss MD already, looked great at sign in, polished and stood out.

Author:
Sign in
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 05:55:08am

Replies:
Subject: Videos

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 11:34:56pm

The Miss contestants videos are now posted online. What does everyone think? Who stands out from these? Who was most creative or the most captivating! Looking forward to pageant week kicking off on Sunday!

Replies:
Subject: Can we please STOP the hate!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, May 26, 04:22:34am

I am so upset to see the bashing on this website. We need to be uplifting all the girls who are competing and support our Miss MD! I have personally had the chance to get to know Destiny and she is a remarkable young woman! We all need to be empathetic towards her story, especially if you personally have not faced a financial or abusive hardship yourself. Who are we to judge her! We ALL have made mistakes, but its what we learn from those situations that define us! Destiny has been an amazing Miss Maryland and has personally inspired me! This constant battle between our state will not bring us together. In order to be a better organization, we need to stop hating and start supporting! It has been dragged out enough and I challenge each of you who continues to bring hate to this program to think about it if you were in those shoes and how you would feel. BE the GOOD in the world and be the better person. Your reflection of another is actually a reflection of yourself!

Replies:
Subject: Re:"deserving" is a very subjective criterion. The point is that many "deserving' girls were overlooked last year!

Author:
Just stop now
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 02:33:07am

Well you can take your "high standards" and little rules and shove em up your ass. I feel sorry for you in your life if you think this is what is important. You must be miserable. You would not survive one day dealing what with Destiny had to deal with. Poor girl did not have anyone and has dealt with little to no support from a teenager. I wonder what you would have done if you had been dealt the same hand. Destiny was a teacher for many years and taught little children and music. She did make a difference, she did have a real JOB. In fact she had several. She was not just a dancer, that was a side thing for her that she did for a little while. Being a club dancer is no different from being a cheerleader like Jade is now. That does not diminish who she is. She is attending Berklee in the fall and I think that says a lot. She may not have been able to attend college then but she is now. Stop being a hater and let it go. The year is almost over for crying out loud and your still bitchin. F*** you and this pompous organization. I will never let my daughter compete in this crap again. Your all a bunch of wannabes who have had to compete yr after yr because maybe, your just not as good as you thought.

Replies:
Subject: Last year contestants were much stronger all around. They definitely had to scramble whoever they can find. Although I did expect Taylor or Lewis to place.

Author:
Audience
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 12:29:06pm

I think that both Lokey and Lewis stand out more. Gallagher is a little too heavy for the pageant of this scale. Her talent is not that strong and I don't know if she has done anything impressive with her platform. She has pretty big shoes to fill.

Replies:
Subject: Miss orientation

Author:
?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, May 01, 04:18:04pm

Placements? Standouts? Keep us MD fans updated!

Replies:
Subject: These exaggerated truths are getting old

Author:
Really?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 11:05:46pm

Who is in charge of the posts on the fb page? I'm seeing some serious "exaggerated truths". Although that's been the theme of this year for a few states including this one. There are quite a few on the page but one recently about the md contestant performing in front of 10,000 people. Pretty sure the contestants that didn't make it through to the finals didn't get to perform and barely got more than their face flashed on tv for 3 seconds. They only performed on the off days in front of different judges and a pretty much empty audience. ( we were there) Am I missing something? These lies are going to make for a disappointed next contestant this year if they think that's what it's really like. Doesn't anyone moderate this stuff?

Replies:
Subject: Top 5 and top 10 lists post here. No debating someone doesn't belong, just personal opinionated lists. GO!

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 01, 01:29:18am

Replies:
Subject: No final ballot. How do you feel about this. How will it help or hurt girl's chances?

Author:
Pagmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 03:33:04am

Replies:
Subject: Teens

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 25, 12:32:27pm

Which teens stood out today at orientation?

Subject: The Class is complete!

Author:
;;
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, March 28, 08:39:32am

Miss Annapolis: Desna Johnson
Miss Anne Arundel County: Shea Sullivan
Miss Allegany County: Stephanie Meadowcroft
Miss Antietam: Taylor Steed
Miss Appalachia: Allison Redman
Miss Baltimore: Emily Gallagher
Miss Bel Air: Carrianne Cicero
Miss Black Eyed Susan: Mary Teal Mulligan
Miss Carroll County: Kaelly Miller
Miss Central Maryland: Julia Steinly
Miss Charm of the Chesapeake: Karyn Kitrell
Miss Cumberland: Kendall Smith
Miss Francis Scott Key: Kristen Davis
Miss Frederick: Sarah Robinson
Miss Free State: Brittany Brown
Miss Frostburg: Taylor Lokey
Miss Mason Dixon: Nabilah Kabir
Miss Mountain City: Lakyn Barnard
Miss Northern Maryland: Aynia Dorsey
Miss Patapsco: Kari Colona
Miss Potomac: Ebony Rose Sherrill
Miss Rocky Gap: Hannah Brewer Dell
Miss Tri-County: Shanice Lewis
Miss Washington County: Megan Kiley
Miss Western Maryland: Tess Hawkins
Miss White Oak: Victoria Graham

Replies:
Subject: Modeling Contracts

Author:
Anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, April 09, 08:43:21am

This is a reminder to contestants and their executive directors about prior contractual commitments in the Miss MD contract. Below is paraphrasing from the contract that was required to be signed by all contestants:

Within the 3 months before my participation in my first local or state competition and since then, I have not authorized any person, firm or corporation to use my name, photo, or picture in connection with an endorsement to advertise any commercial product.

In other words, if you have a modeling contract, you may not compete at Miss MD.

Replies:
Subject: Who has been crowned so far that you think could be our next Miss Maryland? Who has not been crowned that you would like to see compete at Miss Maryland?

Author:
Io
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 09, 03:08:46am

It seems we only have very very few strong competitors this year

Replies:
Subject: HELP ! My prom is early next month and the prom dress I ordered fell apart right of the box. Need recommendations for an well priced online store that has large enough inventory to ship out a Sherri Hill size 4 dress this week. THANKS in advance :) I prefer NOT to shop at Synchronicity ! Prefer an online shop with better prices

Author:
pageant girl with prom dress problems
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 04:20:49am

Replies:
Subject: What happened to Allison R who won Cumberland?

Author:
B
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, March 13, 08:27:40am

Replies:
Subject: Who is competing at Allegany/Cumberland?

Author:
MD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 04:33:44am

Replies:
Subject: Who do we think might win Washington county/western Maryland?

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, February 20, 09:50:40am

Replies:
Subject: Who is competing in Miss Frederick??

Author:
Former local title holder
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 11:58:46am

Any word on who is competing in Frederick?

Replies:
Subject: Baltimore miss- weak talents, weak winners. They are turning it into NAM where prettiest girls never win!

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 11, 11:50:56am

Replies:
Subject: When are locals starting back up?

Author:
Pmom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, October 04, 05:28:10am

It's already October and I can't find anything about locals on the md website

Replies:
Subject: Who looks like a potential win for miss Baltimore/ Annapolis? Any thoughts on the contestants for this weekend?

Author:
Wondering
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 03:34:56am

Subject: USA

Author:
pageant fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 16, 07:56:22am

Will we see any girls compete at Maryland USA in a few weeks?

Replies:
Subject: New Mrs America Message Board

Author:
MrsAmericaModerator
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, October 24, 02:38:20am

FYI: there is a new unofficial Mrs America Message Board

Mrs America Message Board
http://www.voy.com/244843/

Subject: A blast from the past

Author:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/D7ikqLHhVTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 11:37:00am

Subject: Goodbye to the Final Ballot! Winner based on scores!!

Author:
Love It!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 18, 07:33:00am

How do you feel about the end of the final ballot?
Who do you think will (or would have) benefited?

Replies:
Subject: I respect all points of view. And I think that some girls will "walk away and never look back", which is sad because it means that this organization failed at one of it's most important humanitarian missions - growing amazing leaders and role models. At this point I think it is important for the hatred to die down. It means that both parties should acknowlege each other's good traits and support EACH OTHER in all possible ways.

Author:
neutral parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, September 13, 07:02:04am

It was stated here by some posters that Destiny is pretty, photogenic and talented. However, no one ever said anything good about the group of amazing ladies who cared about the reputation of this organization but who also stood by their prinicipals. Yes, the rumors spread out and affected the reputation of the Miss Maryland oraganization, but it could have been avoided if someone from the board had stepped forward, when the exchange was especially heated, and said "each one of you can make it one day, it just has to be a different day" and so forth. Instead, "Team Destiny" was announcing how unfit for the job all the other contestants were, critisizing their bodies, talents, choice of outfits and so on. Let's stop throwing stones and salvage what can be salvaged. I think that all the local title holders need some warm reassurance that they were not "Inferior" to the winner, who gave them many reasons to be resentful and angry. ( And maybe the board should reconsider the amount of pressure they put on contestants, to make it fair for people with all personality types).

Replies:
Subject: The new season will begin soon. Who would we like to return?

Author:
Moving forward
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 21, 10:30:07pm

Replies:
Subject: Disappointed

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, September 14, 03:39:45pm

Well there you go - after 3 years of two Top 10s + a prelim award, Maryland is back to doing nothing at Miss A.

I can only wonder had she had more support from the MMO would she have done better. The fact that she didn't have a send off really shows how classless everyone in this state is. Did Sherry even bother to spend any time coaching her?

Frankly, I hope Destiny resigns & goes after USA this fall.

I am really not in the mood for another 9-year losing streak so Listen up Maryland people get your act together. Start at the grassroots. We need new leadership. How many years could Sherry & friends possibly have in them? I KNOW that some people would come out of the woodwork under different leadership. Time to make MD great again.

Time for Sherry to bow out gracefully & retire. Let the new generation take over. You've had your moment & we look forward to applauding when we announce your retirement.

Just can't believe the events of the last three months.

Replies:
Subject: When are locals starting back up? I'm already looking forward to next year!

Author:
teammd
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 09:32:16am

Replies:
Subject: Be the change

Author:
Concerned parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, September 03, 09:06:54am

It is obvious from this talk board that many are passionate about pageant programs and what they have to offer. I applaud the titleholder here who does not lay blame on Destiny that she won. I'll cast my opinion aside on Destiny and join this titlholder in supporting our state representative - good or bad. I also disagree with the statement of blaming the judges. The judges can only go with what is in front of them and what they are charged to do. In order to fix the problem at hand, you have to tear down the structure and rebuild it based upon the founding principals. Otherwise, this situation will compound itself. I put forth that what's done, is done. Focus by current titleholders and the state board should be on rebuilding the organization beginning with a focus on the four points of the crown. The importance of a platform is waning for the Misses and practically non existent for the teens. Without a focus on the platform, all the titleholders who do not win states have not gotten out of the process what they should - personal development. In fact, this lack of focus on the four points is creating an atmosphere of acceptance on the very principals we do not want to aspire to - greed, outward beauty and false pretense. I charge our current local titleholders with the job of change. Start with your crown and show what it truly means to serve. If each one of you did this, it would completely overshadow all that has occurred with Destiny. Instead it would show that Maryland MAO takes their titleholder jobs seriously. Best of luck ladies.

Replies:
Subject: To a person who suggests that everyone else ( who dares to critisize) should get a therapy: I am sure that you are talking from a personal experience. I am not commenting on this because I dislike Destiny. I am appalled with the statement that judges had no bettter choice! That is preposterous! There were plenty of girls who were just as beautiful and talented but more educated, sophisticated and classy. Plus many of them had some significant achievements.

Author:
more damage than help
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 12, 08:57:23am

A newcomer, someone like Taylor, who is both a beautiful woman with a decent talent and who is a law student to top it all, would be much better choice. Destiny's lateness or missed deadlines don't bother me, but the fact that she acted like she was above the requirements does. It is impossible not to assume that the judge, who talked to her, knew her already or was already "prepped" to like her. As a parent and an older person I can be magnanimous and be happy for another girl's success. I really can. But you are telling us that our gitls are not good enough. That is STUPID!!!!
Judges this year didn't seem to favour blondes. Maybe it was a high time for someone who looks different. I don't mind. But you just lost Destiny some potential supporters by diminishing beauty and impressive qualities of other contestants. With friends like that who needs enemies?

Replies:
Subject: How is Destiny Doing?

Author:
Miss MD Supporter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, September 12, 07:53:27am

After looking at her pics at Atlantic City I think she looks great! On stage and off. So who thinks she will make top 15? Leave your hate of her off the thread and just post your opinion on what you have seen. Some say she needs a makeover but I don't see that at all. I see a gorgeous girl. On and off the stage. So who thinks she will make the top 15 and more?

Subject: Does she own a curling iron??

Author:
Frustrated follower
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 02:51:08am

I'm sorry but can we talk about our Miss Maryland and how she looks like a 90s pageant girl in every photo and interview I've seen!! All else aside, one of the points on the crown is style and this poor girl doesn't have any!! Can someone help her with her wardrobe and for God's sake, get the girl a curling iron or some hot rollers... Her hair is a hot mess!!!

Replies:
Subject: Why pageants and pageant people receive bad names

Author:
Truth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 08:28:04am

I heard this about Destiny, someone told me this about Destiny, I have it on good authority.... Not one person her can say the name of a person who actually might have been in the vicinity of Destiny while anything was supposedly said.

I have never had an interest on the local pageant scene till I knew someone personally who was competing. I knew a Miss DC from way back who made it first time and HER stories where quite jaw dropping. I couldn't believe people could be so vile and two faced. Well I see much hasn't changed now.

If you don't know someone personally then you don't know them at all. No one is perfect in life and I like to believe it is how you move forward that will ultimately define the person you are.

All anyone here can do is speculate and make egregious accusations. You have the choice to not support Destiny Clark as Miss Maryland but that doesn't mean that you should be trying to tear her down.

I do know her, I know her life, I know where she went through and what she has experienced. Maybe one out of the lot of you would be able to survive what she has dealt with. That's not to take away from anyone else's life or trials but I know that I would have to question MYSELF if I would have found the strength to make the hard choices she did.

What a sad place this forum is where it's hard enough to find people to publicly support women with their genuine actions of self improvement, that you find such contempt and ugliness here.

When this process is over I know that Destiny will look fondly back on everything that she was fortunate enough to experience through these pageants, she will have moved on in life, and those of you still on here will continue to be stuck in your seats growing uglier with your words, in the same place you were when you decided to attack a young woman looking to make this world better.

Replies:
Subject: How About We Have a Welcome a Home For Destiny?

Author:
Mitzi
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, September 11, 03:36:17am

Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.