VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

MISS MARYLAND TALK BOARD
Problems or questions? Email me @ marylandmoderator08@gmail.com

Subject: We seem to have forgotten that she got accepted into Berklee... one of the hardest music schools to get into.

Author:
annoyed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 12, 03:39:36pm

Maybe you are the ones who are focusing on the wrong things. Maybe you can't stand the fact that Destiny is sickly talented and pretty much a natural at this while you have had to work so hard for many years. Well from the outsider looking in, it may appear that way but i am sure she has her work cut out for her in other things she is weaker in. Instead of focusing on how to bring her down, maybe you should focus on how you can better yourself for next year! Props to you for your hard work and dedication, but if your going to dish it out I sure hope you can take it.

Oh and have we forgotten that she GOT ACCEPTED INTO BERKLEE and deferred for a year just for Miss MD?! You want to talk about educational achievements, well this is an amazing one. Berklee is the fourth top music school in the nation and has a 34% acceptance rate.

http://www.thebestschools.org/rankings/20-best-music-conservatories-u-s/

You purposely focus on the menial negative things because that is all you have. But Destiny actually has a lot going for her and she has had more curveballs thrown her way than probably most of you combined (with no support system!) and still wound up on top. There is a reason why she shined on that stage and won the judges. They saw something special that many of you lack the ability to even comprehend. You can continue to hate all you want but remember good always prevails. We both know that none of this is right. The more you hold grudges and dwell on the negative the more it will only come back to bite you in the long run. Let it go...

Thessalonians 5:15 “See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.”

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: Wow... Does anyone even know her full story? She barely told you any of it! How dare you judge her for choosing a different path. Some of you need serious help!!

Author:
Patricia Lowry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 03:05:01pm

No. Your just a hater who would rather make up false facts instead of doing your homework. If you did your research you would see that Berklee does indeed have a 35% acceptance rate, that it is the fourth top music school in the country and that you have to audition in person to be considered. She applied almost a year before her local, auditioned and got accepted for a BA program in which she deferred to attend next Fall. Her acceptance letter is even on Facebook. It appalls me how insensitive many of you are as to why Destiny chose to attend college later. For those that know her full story, we know she is a real survivor. When she lost her father, she had nothing and had to work multiple jobs to keep a roof over her head. She did not have any family or parental support (as the rest of you have) to help her through. She got to where she is on her own! I think she really has what it takes to be an inspiring role model and a wonderful titleholder! I know she will do very well at Miss America. Her past tells me on its own that she can handle and overcome anything (including your childish mockery)! I really feel sorry for you all. It's such a shame that you would stoop this low... especially when barely knowing anything about someone.

Replies:
Subject: Enough about Destiny.

Author:
Moving on
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 01:43:17am

Who do we hope will come back next year? Who was most improved this year? Anyone else you loved during competition?

Replies:
Subject: WOW!!!

Author:
me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 17, 10:57:51am

I am re-watching Miss USA and I am just blown away by how prepared and confident Miss Maryland USA is. It is obvious that their team knows what they're doing. Maryland has placed at Miss USA each of the last five years!! Meanwhile Maryland Teen USA consistently places at Miss Teen USA (7 of the last 10 years).

Miss Maryland MAO people just can't keep using the "small state" excuse. It's obvious that pageants are popular in Maryland and there is a strong contestant base. They just need to be RECRUITED and PREPARED. Only 2 of the last 10 Miss Marylands have placed at Miss America and only 2 of the last 10 teens have placed. This is not a track record to be proud of!!!

Every pageant person in Maryland needs to make it a goal to see Miss Maryland WIN Miss America. The energy is there but the effort isn't.

Subject: Has anyone sent her stripper pole photos or public under age drunk driving info to the media yet?

Author:
curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 10:03:34am

Replies:
Subject: GOGO DANCING IS NOT STRIPPING! IT IS POPULAR IN THE EDM SCENE! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

Author:
Owner
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 12, 05:32:17am

To get your facts straight, there was never any cash involved you dimwit. The clubs she USED to dance at are respectable clubs and do not have their dancers strip or perform erotic acts. They are not even allowed to do that, they would lose their club. There are trashy and classy gogo dancers out there and Destiny was not one of the trashy ones. Unfortunately the term "gogo" dancing has gotten a bad rep because of the trashy dancers who turn it into something else instead of doing what they are supposed to do. Many have mixed up the term gogo dancer with stripping. It is not the same thing!! Gogo dancing is actually an art and popular in the EDM scene. The purpose of gogo dancing is to add to the visual of the club and amp up the crowd. When you walk into a night club, every one wants to see hot girls dancing. Having classy dancers in sexy outfits behind the DJ provides that vegas like experience. Thats all it is, there isn't anything else behind it. Just like when we switch the channel to Miss America, most of us just want to see hot girls in bikinis!

Replies:
Subject: WOW!!!

Author:
impressed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 12:03:18pm

The new Miss Maryland is one of the strongest in years!!! Might be as strong as the "good old days" of Lewis/Harrison. Yes, sorry everyone in Alleghany County & Hagerstown but your girls were blown out of the water. We warned you that there is much more to maryland than your little corner of the state and now you know.

Hope you all have a delicious recipe for crow because you're going to be needing it in September. Destiny is going to do great things in AC.

Replies:
Subject: People have different agendas. I, personally, felt dissapointed in a system. I am happy for Destiny because everyone deserves a miracle in her/ his life, but I heard rumors, testimonies and dissapoined comments from different people. Rumors stop being rumors when sources of information are different and unrelated.

Author:
different agentdas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 13, 05:42:28am

Considering how many people were commenting (not necessarily on this site), I would say that there were several factors that made many of us doubt the integrity of MMO. As for wasting time on this site - the opponents are doing exactly the same, besides, its not about Destiny anymore, it's about trust and double standards, which are universal dilemmas.

Subject: We have some TRASHY winner. People like this give pageants bad reputation

Author:
A former contestant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 08:33:29am

Yes, Destiny is pretty but did she stand out as a beauty? NO!!!! There were quite a few gorgeous girls this year. Yes, we read critical remarks on this board every year but I have never seen contestants turning away from the winner and not willing to congratulate her. Contestants see more than judges do and Destiny's inability to be liked by people around her is disturbing.
From the very beginning, ever since she was 3 hours late for orientation, she acted like she was above the rules. Did she know that she was going to win no matter what? I though she had a chance at top 10 but winning - no way! Her swim suit body was trim but not atheletic, her belly was sticking out and her moves in a swim suit were closer to the moves of a pole dancer than a contestant at once respectable pageant. Her song was something original, I have to give it to her, but her voice wasn't anything that catches one's attention. Her "on-stage questions" answers showed that she is simply not ready to do it on a National television. And what about scholarship and service? Since when it can be overlooked? How is this sistem different from Miss USA then? O yes, MAO doesn't have mighty sponsors like Miss USA does. After Miss Maryland like Destiny, Miss Maryland organisation will have a hard time gaining respect of a larger community and securing some real sponsors with real money.

Replies:
Subject: Car Sponsor?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 12, 03:06:51am

Was last years car sponsor just for Jade because of a family connection or will it continue?

Subject: So is Destiny making all of the 4th of July festivities?

Author:
Miss Maryland?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, July 05, 02:16:24am

Replies:
Subject: Anyone know what the name of the song that Destiny performed for talent is?

Author:
Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 10, 06:29:42am

Replies:
Subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDPCmmZifE8

Author:
true
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, July 09, 01:41:39pm

Subject: Photography by Dale pictures are up, but how do we see them?

Author:
anon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, July 06, 02:15:12am

Subject: So who was named winner of top talent, interview, swimsuit, community service and other awards?

Author:
CC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 03, 10:26:33am

Replies:
Subject: We shouldn't let the Miss results overshadow Jessica Bayuk's win, she deserved this. Congrats girl!

Author:
k
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 09:55:53pm

Replies:
Subject: Let's be postive. Proud of all the teens last night! Does anyone know who aged out? Also who are the favorites for next year?

Author:
MD Pageant Supporter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 10:19:54am

Replies:
Subject: Would someone kindly list the names of the judges for Miss Maryland?

Author:
Thank you.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 08:24:40am

Replies:
Subject: Teen

Author:
Teen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, May 18, 06:40:09am

Cheyenne McGothin will win Miss Maryland's Outstanding Teen

Replies:
Subject: Class of 2015

Author:
Thoughts?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 05, 08:46:17am

Who is facially pretty enough to send to Miss America and MAOT? We need to keep sending pretty girls and I think there are only a handful in this class. Many say beauty doesn't matter to Miss America anymore, but "first impressions" are still judged!

Replies:
Subject: Modern

Author:
Millie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 08:45:51pm

So glad we have a beautiful modern Miss.
Destiny, you have my support.
Looking forward to a great year!

Subject: #45Strong

Author:
Social media stalker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 03:49:46pm

Subject: People to come back next year

Author:
Anon (Optimism)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 06:15:05am

Who do we want to come back? Collectively there were only a few miss contestants that caught my attention

Replies:
Subject: Did Kati or Morgan age out this year? They both really shined last night. I know Sherry wouldn't have let Kati win because of school, but her and Lash should have definitely been top 5 in that group of 10.

Author:
Audience
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 01:54:04am

Replies:
Subject: Parents and contestants attend an orientation to be informed about the rules. Then this happens? Many unhappy paticipants tonight. Are the contestant coordinators talking to the director? This needs to get some attention or no one is going to be participating in Maryland anymore.

Author:
Respect the Rules
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 05:41:38pm

Subject: Miss T10: Miss Top 10. Forgive spellings. Shenise Lewis Brittany Brown Destiny Clark Emily Gallagher Amber Dawn Becker Ebony Sherril Paige Dutrow Taylor Faulkner Morgan Lash Kendall Smith Katie Pedito

Author:
Caroline
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 12:16:00pm

Replies:
Subject: Teen results?

Author:
Pagbug
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 03:54:29pm

Complete results please

Subject: Do they still rank the top five?

Author:
Out of the loop
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 02:07:39pm

Do they still rank the top five?

Subject: Teen T10: Courtney Green Allison LaForce Caroline Christian Madelyn Brown Lanie Putra Brynn Dow Jessica Bayuk (!!!!!!!!!) Cheyenne McLaughlin Queen Griffin Tessa Hawkins Nadia Williams

Author:
Caroline
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 28, 12:27:49pm

Subject: Top ten predictions since prelimary competition is over?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 27, 04:45:26pm

Replies:
Archives: 1234 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2015 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.