Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3 ]

MISS MARYLAND TALK BOARD
Problems or questions? Email me @ marylandmoderator08@gmail.com

Subject: If there was a Top 10 for Maryland's OT, who were they?

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 07:33:51am

Replies:
Subject: Maryland Pageantry On The Rise!

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 08:36:24am

I haven't seen anyone from here congratulate Kasey on Top 15, so I'll do it now... WOW!! Congrats to Kasey and the whole Miss Maryland USA team! The Maryland USA folks continue to send well-prepared girls to the National pageant... 3 years of placements in a row!!Not to mention Teen USA where Maryland is considered a powerhouse state with a recent NATIONAL WINNER and consistent placements. Since 2002, Maryland Teen USA contestants have won or placed an astounding 7 of those 11 years!!! And one of those years we didn't place, we still got a Miss Photogenic out of it!

Yes, the USA folks continue to show that they're doing it "right" in the state of Maryland, and hopefully the Maryland-MAO folks are taking a page out of their books and capitalizing on Joanna Guy's success. Maryland MAO needs to continue to send prepared contestants to the National level. Joanna may have broken the 8-year dry spell, now let's start a trend!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL GIRLS COMPETING THIS WEEKEND!!!
Replies:
Subject: Any information on what might be the first local of the season?

Author:
pp
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 20, 07:11:51am

Replies:
Subject: Congratulations to Distnguished Young Woman of Maryland, 2013 Aleks Knepper- won Interview Award at nationals

Author:
cheri
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 11:41:56pm

Please send your congratulations to outgoing titleholder, 2013 Distinguished Young Woman of Maryland, Aleksandra Knepper who was one of the top five Interview Winners at nationals two weeks ago in Mobile, Alabama! Aleks is looking forward to going to school on scholarship she earned through the DYW program to the University of South Alabama!
Subject: Who were the Top 10 in Outstanding Teen? Thanks!

Author:
Groove
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, July 12, 04:45:27am

Replies:
Subject: Awards

Author:
Anyone?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, July 06, 09:58:39am

I am hoping that someone from the Miss Maryland Org checks in on this board once in a while. I know I am not the only one wondering when they will update the website in the 2013 Results section. They have photos of the Wednesday and Thursday night prelim winners, but I want to see Friday nights winners, and the list of awards for both the miss and teen. I did not hear them announce the Miracle Maker, the overall teen interview or talent winner (just non-finalist), and several other miss awards. PLEASE list this, if not here, on the Miss Maryland website. We would like to SEE some OFFICIAL results, since some of them were either omitted or not announced. Thank you
Replies:
Subject: Who were the teen winners?

Author:
Barbara Wease
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 03:23:31pm

Nothing being said about the teens. Who was the winner, and runners up?
Replies:
Subject: Age/Maturity of state contestant

Author:
Very Concerned
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 27, 12:44:49pm

I believe that roommate assignments are random and have always agreed with that until this year. I know that there were some very inexperienced contestants/newbies that were placed in rooms with seasoned girls that are graduated from college and career professionals. I would say this is a bad practice and should be avoided in the future. The idea of the older ones taking the younger ones under their wings is presumptuous that 1) the older ones actually want to be mentors and 2) the younger ones can actually be mentored. From what I heard, lots of younger ones came in as know it alls and made this year HELL for the older ones who are there at state knowing their purpose. Please Miss MD, rethink your room assignments next year. Seems we have this issue every year.
Replies:
Subject: Children's Miracle Network - My daughter was new this year and we were told that she didn't have to do anything for CMN as only the Miss was required to raise money. Someone mentioned to me that some teens did and I just looked and was amazed. If the teens did raise money I hope that was noted to the judges. I noticed three girls that set a goal and went beyond that Goal. As a teen they should be acknowledged: Arcadia Ewell $500.00; Sarah Farmer $50.00; Briannin Stevenson $820.00 and Caroline Schlee. WAY TO GO TEENS

Author:
Newie Parent
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 27, 01:25:53am

Replies:
Subject: Sam and Sweetheart

Author:
Will she be going?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 02:58:48am

I was wondering if Samantha Hawkins will be going to Sweetheart as Maryland's representative. I think it would be a wonderful experience for her and help prepare her for future competitions. Who will be going along to support her?
Replies:
Subject: Who aged out this year? Miss and Teen.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 27, 06:59:53am

Replies:
Subject: Loved Kelly Cash.

Author:
N
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 21, 01:33:27am

Replies:
Subject: What were the judges thinking?

Author:
DD (Puzzled)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 24, 11:13:19am

Cogratulations to all the winners.
As a judge of several pageants, some within this system I'm curious to know what the judges were thinking.
First of all they could'nt make definite decisions with several "Ties". Obviously they did'nt give much weight to top interview contestants. And was the Community Service Scholarship winner announced?
I feel that there were 2 other top 10 Miss contestants that should have made that top 5. They were articulate, poised, and charismatic and would have been excellent representatives...shame.
Replies:
Subject: CHRISTINA DENNY, MISS MARYLAND 2013

Author:
Her fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 02:31:03pm

Replies:
Subject: Were overall category awards announced?

Author:
SS, Talent, Interview ETC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 24, 02:00:24pm

Replies:
Subject: There was a posting before with title and girls name, Can we get a posting of all the awards and the names of who won them?

Author:
PLEASE POST WINNERS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 01:43:06am

Subject: Here she is...Miss Maryland, Christina Denny

Author:
Congratulations
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 04:18:56pm

Miss Western Maryland Christina Denny was crowned Miss Maryland 2013 on Saturday night at The Maryland Theatre in downtown Hagerstown.

Miss Queen State, Sabrina Frost is crowned Miss Maryland Outstanding Teen 2013 by outgoing Miss Maryland Outstanding Teen Kennedy Taylor.

Replies:
Subject: Miss Maryland Photos

Author:
Congratulations
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 24, 03:39:01am

Replies:
Subject: Last night of prelims!! Predictions??????

Author:
Lets hear it
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 22, 02:18:02am

Replies:
Subject: Any word on top ten yet?

Author:
Interested
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 12:14:35pm

Replies:
Subject: Top 5?

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 01:49:33pm

Replies:
Subject: Top Ten

Author:
who?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 01:57:15am

Who will make Top 10 tonight?
Replies:
Subject: Won't be there tonight so someone please post results!

Author:
Lola
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 23, 05:37:12am

Subject: RESULTS FROM TONIGHT???????

Author:
Please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 22, 03:02:58pm

Replies:
Subject: Predictions based on prelims??

Author:
Top 10, top 5, winner
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 22, 05:12:19pm

Subject: Who's looking like the total package for Miss MD 2013?

Author:
Who's the STAR?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 22, 01:25:03am

Replies:
Subject: so who do we see as our next miss maryland and miss marylands ot

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 22, 02:43:14am

Replies:
Subject: Thursday Night Overview

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 21, 06:23:31pm

Teen Talent went to Brittany Brown
Miss Swimsuit went to Jade Kenny
Miss Talent went to Hannah Mollerick

Miss Evening Gown - Audi was exquisite. Don't remember any of the OSQ for the miss standing out as either good or bad.

Teen Evening Gown - Highlight of the night! Alanah Mollerick was hysterical. She looked lovely, and she answered her question very REAL and TEEN like. Had everyone laughing

Teen Fitness - Though they don't do an award, I think it would have gone to Arcadia Ewell.

Good luck to all the girls
Replies:
Subject: Can anyone give us an idea how the competition is going tonight? Who were the prelim winners? Would love to be there!

Author:
livin2luv
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 02:04:15pm

Replies:
Subject: How does everyone think prelims will go tonight!!! Excited alum here ready to go watch!!

Author:
Miss MD 2010 Alum
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 21, 05:49:44am

Replies:
Subject: Why did they not play music when the teens modeled their evening gowns???

Author:
Yikes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, June 21, 03:45:02am

Replies:
Subject: The behavior of some girls' mothers is absolutely appalling.

Author:
Greatly disappointed in some of the behaviors I've witnessed recently
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 03:23:49am

I've heard some people saying that the behavior of the girls is unacceptable, but we seem to be forgetting how inappropriately some of the mothers and families have been acting. Being downright mean to your daughter's competition will NOT make your daughter any better of a contestant! All of the trash talk and whispering behind other's backs is completely uncalled for and has gotten to the point of just being cruel. Bringing down your competition doesn't make you any better!!
Replies:
Subject: My Picks

Author:
Looks Matter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 12:23:04pm

Based solely on appearance, I would say the top contenders are Christina, Danna, Elissa, both Colombos, Sara and Stephanie...bubble would be Jade, Monique, and Maria. I'm aware that many other factors will be used to select our winners, but these girls are especially attractive and put together.
Replies:
Subject: Who will win prelims tonight??

Author:
Samantha for fitness, I'm sure...but who for talent and evening gown?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 01:08:53am

Replies:
Subject: So out of touch!

Author:
Pageant Pauley
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 02:17:44am

Hi All, I'm a Marylander living in NYC and wondered if the pageant or prelims would be webcast anywhere. Any idea?
Replies:
Subject: Banned Words

Author:
Bart Perks
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 09:54:39am

The following words or phrases should be banned when describing contestants:
Amazing (everything is amazing nowadays)
Nailed her interview (how do you know that, by the way?)
Total package
Looks like a soccer mom
Looks too old for a teen
Looks too young for a miss
The board needs to (just complete this sentence with whatever negative comment you feel is appropriate)
Replies:
Subject: Christina Denny

Author:
Where did Denny go?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, June 20, 01:51:09am

Christina Denny seems to have disappeared... I haven't seen anything about what she's doing on social media, and seeing her a sign-in, she could have done much better... Any thoughts?
Subject: Do we have a Miss America this year? I don't think so. Those years are few and far apart.

Author:
We may have a top ten at Miss America. So who would be the best at being Miss Maryland?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 02:44:31am

Replies:
Subject: What do you think of Samantha Hawkins?

Author:
Could she be our new Miss Maryland?
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 05:13:32pm

Replies:
Subject: New people??

Author:
Annon
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 03, 02:49:38pm

What do we think of some of the new teens?
Replies:
Subject: Teen Winner?

Author:
ABC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 11:08:22pm

Do you think it is Galliene Gillmer year?
Replies:
Subject: princess/prince program

Author:
disappointed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 03:22:40am

I was so disappointed yesterday that not only the Miss contestants didn't crown their princess/prince but they weren't able to attend the tea party either! I know the children look forward to that every year and this for some is the only chance they get to interact! and I know for a fact the contestants also look forward to it!!! I've been involved for years and was never disappointed until this year!
Replies:
Subject: Samantha looked AMAZING at sign in today!! Say hello to our next Miss Maryland!!

Author:
Can't wait to see what she does this week!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 17, 12:53:02pm

Replies:
Subject: Let us know who looks good at Sign-In on Sunday.

Author:
This sometimes sets the tone for the rest of the week. Good luck to all!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, June 16, 06:10:23am

Replies:
Subject: Do y'all think Stephanie meadowcroft could be the winner this year

Author:
Kathy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, June 10, 04:15:19pm

Replies:
Subject: Can tickets for preliminary nights be purchased at the theatre the night of?

Author:
Tickets Please
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, June 15, 06:05:11am

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]3 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.