|Subject: Miss Maryland 2014 Results|
[ Edit | View ]
Date Posted: Monday, June 30, 06:58:36am
Winner - Miss Maryland 2014, Jade Kenny (Miss Allegany County). Awards: $10,000 scholarship, Overall Interview $500, Overall Talent $500 (tie S. Zeng), Preliminary Talent $150 (tie S. Zeng), Top Evening Gown (Synchronicity gown credit), Fox fur coat from Maryland Fur Trappers valued at $4,800; Gas allowance for appearances from Citco of $2,500, several additional gifts and services. Talent: ballet-en-pointe to non-classical music (do not recall the name of the piece). Jade’s dance was beautifully choreographed, skillfully executed and highly entertaining.
1 RU – Ebony Rose Sherill, Miss Annapolis. Awards: $4,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $100, IAHA (International Air and Hospitality Academy) tuition scholarship. Talent: self-choreographed lyrical dance.
2 RU – Morgan Lash, Miss Mountain City. Awards: $3,000 scholarship, Rookie of the Year $250, CMN Miracle Maker trophy. Talent: vocal, “Bound to You.”
3 RU – Stephanie Meadowcroft, Miss Potomac. Award: $2,000 scholarship. Talent: vocal, “Journey to the Past.”
4RU – Sara Zeng, Miss Frostburg. Awards: $1,500 scholarship, Overall Talent $500 (tie J. Kenny), Preliminary Talent $150 (tie J. Kenny). Talent: piano, Chopin’s “Fantasie Impromptu.”
Kati Peditto, Miss Anne Arundel County. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Talent $150. Talent: flute, “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.”
Taylor Steed, Miss Antietam. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Talent $150, Miss America Academic Award $1,000. Talent: baton, “You Can’t Stop the Beat.”
Katerina Rice, Miss Black Eyed Susan. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $150, Miss Photogenic $100, People’s Choice (based on fan voting, not necessarily the 11th semi-finalist). Talent: vocal, “A New Life.”
Taylor Lokey, Miss Western Maryland. Awards: $1,000 scholarship, Preliminary Swimsuit $150. Talent: baton, “Heart of Courage.”
Paige Dutrow, Miss Rocky Gap. Award: $1,000 scholarship. Talent: baton, “Requiem for a Tower.”
Monique Sparks, Miss Washington County. Award: $1,000 scholarship. Talent: self-choreographed belly dance fusion.
All non-finalists: $500 scholarship
Kaytie Riley, Miss Northern Maryland, Non-Finalist Talent $100. Talent: vocal, “Habanera” from Carmen
Cara Marrero, Miss Mason Dixon. Non-Finalist Interview $100.
- Re: Miss Maryland 2014 Results -- person, Monday, June 30, 07:54:14am
- Kati or Katerina? (NT) -- -, Monday, June 30, 08:14:15am
- Both (NT) -- pageant fan, Monday, June 30, 08:42:11am
- Kendall, Kati, Audi and Monique all were not in shape enough to win the title. Sorry but fitness is just as important as talent and they all lack GREATLY in that category. -- Annon (Confused), Tuesday, July 01, 03:59:03pm
- While I agree that Kati and Monique and Taylor Steed did not compare in SS to the other girls in the top 10, I am ashamed that you would call them overweight. Whether you believe it or not, most of the girls read this board. (NT) -- Be careful., Tuesday, July 01, 04:08:17pm
- I thought Kati really had a spark. I hope she trims up, works on her walk, and comes back next year. (NT) -- ., Tuesday, July 01, 04:15:45pm
- Re: Miss Maryland 2014 Results -- Shocked, Tuesday, July 01, 02:55:50pm
- Yes, many of them stood out, but there are only ten top spots and others stood out more, or for some little reason, they just didin't make the cut. There were probably many right below the top ten. (NT) -- Sorry, sometimes if just isn't their year, butmanybe with a little more work, they'll make it another year., Wednesday, July 02, 11:03:20am
- Re: Miss Maryland 2014 Results -- Curious, Wednesday, July 02, 01:07:34am