VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]
Subject: Enga's cash in Simbuland

Author:
Observer
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 08:55:42pm

Tuesday 14th October, 2008 Sports Section

Ipatas pledges K80,000
CHIMBU Basketball Asso-ciation had an K80,000 windfall at the weekend.
The kind sponsor was Enga Governor Peter Ipatas.
The sponsorship was announced at the launch of the Ipatas Shield competition on Friday night in Kundiawa. The Governor said the money would be used over the next eight years.
Mr Ipatas said he would give K10,000 each year for the local competition in Kundiawa.
Mr Ipatas said he was surprised to hear that Chimbu produced some quality players in the country.
The competition’s women team are ranked one of the best in the country with several wins in major competitions in the country.
Two women had also represented the country in the recent junior women’s team to Guam, though six were initially selected. “Sports is an industry on its own. It creates millions of dollars. We need to have our priorities right and boost our local sports so that our young people can be marketed at the international level,” Ipatas said.
The governor also committed K10,000 to the mainland basketball competition, which will be held in the last week of November.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Something looks fishy here, ladies and gentlemen. Why is Ipatas spending Enga’s money in Chimbu Basketball Association, K80,000? Is Ipatas Chimbu’s governor? People, this is outrageous and wasteful spending when Engans have no proper feeder-roads, no better health services, schools running low and low and order, still an issue to be looked at. For the love of God, who could Mr. Ipatas spend Engan’s windfall to something that doesn’t benefit Enga? Does this mean Enga is well off? Please someone from Enga tell me if Enga is okay. I am out of Enga for a while.
Secondly, he is right that “sports is an industry on its own. It creates millions of dollars….” But my question is if windfalls are spend, can chimbu basketball associate return the amount Ipatas commits too? Are the possibilities enga could claim the money back? What is Ipatas up to now? I hope he is using personal money rather then people’s money.
This is where Enga and PNG is so sick to dig dirt out of dirty PNG and Enga politicians. So long as nobody makes noise, so long as nobody does talk, nobody cares and we will continue to be slaves in our own land, with no access to what is politically ours.
Over to you for your comments.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Enga's cash in Simbuland

Author:
AMOTLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Oct 14 2008, 11:07:54pm

I hear by request the Governor of Enga province Mr. Ipatas or any of his fellow companions to come out publicly and explain to the people of Enga the K80 000 sponsor to the Chimbu Basket Ball Association.
I really have no intention in tarnishing the Governor’s name in such public forums but that nature of his actions (sponsoring of basketball associations in another province etc) cannot be left unquestioned. If this K80 000 is coming out of the Governor’s pocket then that’s most probably OK but to be honest, regardless, Mr. Ipatas is the Enga Governor who represents the people of Enga, his face is the face of Enga and such money being given away as sponsor or support or whatever, it is Enga’s money (so to speak – once the media has coverage).
Mr. Governor, prior to the 2007 elections, when you were spending such money in matters that were trivial to Enga as a whole, we reserved our comments as we knew that you were racing for the top post, Prime Ministership but now, how could you be continue with sponsorship sprees outside of Enga when your own backyard (Enga) requires a major facelift.
Every toea counts for Enga to reach the second stage of development (as never reached this point yet) starting from the remotest parts of the province.
Once such messages a published in our national papers, “Ipatas did this, Ipatas did that in Chimbu, Hagen, Popondetta etc......”, some of us grin with a deep breath knowing the status quo of the province which is absolutely contrary to what the media publishes.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
onogo pyak leyamo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2008, 11:03:27am

people....this is the true color of Iptas. when i read the heeadline, i suspect that it may have been to sponsor a WOMEN's team...and I was right. Dont you guys know ipatas?? this Simbu Ambais in sports have the right body so boss ipatas may have fallen for one or two or more of them and just wrote the cheque.

Meri em ya but he cant do that at the expense of Enga. Enga is bigger than him. pulis...yupela kiram na toktok ya!

Baenong pyak lelyamo!

Author:
Ace (Ong kumaro lelyam kumin kae)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2008, 03:02:14pm

Ong kumaro lelyam kumin kae!!!!!!!......

FYI:
Even Enga is no way to standard basketball competition on the national arena. Recently Enga came last in the 2006 National Basketball Tournament in Lae.

Used to be one of the best in the country 10 years ago with fundings from PJV and EPG. Now it's in a total bankrupt state.

Nobody seem to look into this though we have the vast majority of the Apulins with neck ties claiming to be Youth and Sports Co-ordinators.

Author:
larsen
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2008, 04:33:22pm

K80,000 would have been used to set up a health Clinic Centre in my village of 6,000 people.

Author:
Hwaters
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Oct 15 2008, 08:23:28pm

As the report is abstract, he could be using his own money so don't whinge. Besides Ipatas doesn't care about you me and everybody else in Enga apart from his family and himself. At least K80 000 is going to some other people rather than Ipatas enterprises.

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Oct 16 2008, 03:15:13pm

Are we as Engans and PNGs doomed forever with the attitude we have for not CRYING FOUL and bringing into justice any malicious and fishy actions by our political leaders? If so, we are still burried within the CONCEPTS of traditional leadership system that worked before democracy and independence. I don't know when would somoneone or some people start crying foul. The future seems gloomy, even if we are educated and "mi save".

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.