VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456789 ]
Subject: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Chicko
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, May 17 2008, 10:43:55am

FYI, the Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry (Works & Transport) yesterday (Friday 17th May 08) as a result of the current Court of Disputed Returns for the Kandep Open Seat currently into its 4th week at Mt Hagen.

The results so far presented by the petitioner's witnesses are so overwhelming that there was gross rigging for the Kandep open electorate by Don Polye and his cohorts during last year's election. This prompted the rulling NA party to strip his ministry so he can concentrate on his petition and it has substantially demoralise the credibility of Don Polye in the Government.

Watch out for headline in the papers next week.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
SB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 17 2008, 08:01:18pm

Chiko,

Is this another anti Polye propaganda or have you confirmed it with Bertha Somare?. I will wait till I see it on the papers on Monday.

However, if this is true, looks like Somare is on a mission to remind Engans we guys are not there yet. A few weeks ago he sacked Lupari, now he's sideling Polye. I thought we Highlanders were far superior tacticians but this lapun Sepik seems to have the upper end in everything and is making all our country man dance to his tones. Frustrated we shall be but, what can we do?????

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Nationalist
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 17 2008, 09:48:18pm

Chicko..I don't think what you are saying here can be true but if it is ever true, it may not be the election petition but the next Leadership of NA Party lobbying issue as PM may be thinking of exiting sooner than later.
I am suspecting interested individuals and son putting pressure on PM to depower Polye as he may be an obstacle or the real threat.
I'll wait to see on Monday if what Chicko saying is true to comment more.

[> Subject: Sorry, it's a rumour at the moment!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, May 18 2008, 06:58:01am

We'll confirm next wk in the papers.

[> Subject: King Don Polye has been dethroned!--Confirmed by Sunday Chronicle!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, May 18 2008, 12:46:17pm

As per today's (18th May 08) Sunday Chronicle, Don Polye's ministries have been stripped on Friday (16th May 08). Works & Transport Ministry has been given to Patrick Pruaitch, Civil Aviation has been given to Mr Abel - Member for Alotao and Minister for Culture and Tourism.

Author:
Nationalist
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, May 18 2008, 11:46:34pm

Chicko, SHAME ON YOU! Know that this will come at a greater expense of the poor people of Kandep and Enga who will be very disappointed in their hearts.
For you to say this is a slap on the face of your own people except for few like yourself.

[> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 19 2008, 07:05:51am

Nationalist,

I understand if you're not from Kandep but I tell you, Kandep people are still in the dark since the Jimson Sauk days, Don Polye has done nothing for the Kandep people so we got no regrets to slap king polye.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Mar Kaup
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 19 2008, 03:59:29pm

Polling disrupted at Kandep, says witness__Today's The National

By JAMES APA GUMUNO
THE trial of the election petition for Kandep Open continued last Friday, with a witness telling how polling was disrupted in a polling area.
Lawyer for candidate Alfred Manase is challenging the election of Don Polye as MP for Kandep on grounds of alleged illegal practices.
Witness Watali Mavi said election officials set up the polling area at Walupi 2 after midday and proceeded to carry out an awareness on the limited preferential voting system.
Mr Mavi said polling started around 5pm and scrutineers were told to stay 30 metres away from the polling booth but they bunched up and were merely about four metres away.
Mr Mavi said when Josephine Amuni’s name was called out she asked presiding officer Lily Cletus to mark the ballot paper on her behalf.
He said Mrs Amuni told Mr Cletus to mark Vote 1 for Mr Manase, preference 2 for another candidate and preference 3 for Mr Polye.
Instead, Mr Cletus marked preference 1 for Mr Polye and this upset the scrutineers who demanded to remove her, he said.
Mr Mavi said when she refused, the srcutineers went in and grabbed the ballot box.
The box was damaged in a tussle and supporters and polling officials ran off with ballot papers.
He said there was no polling and he did not vote.
Mr Mavi said he was surprised when news came from the vote counting room in Wabag that votes for Walupi 2 had been counted.
Lawyer Ray William for the Electoral Commission asked Mr Mavi whether it was true that he was among the scrutineers who went in and pulled the ballot boxes and destroyed them. He admitted it.
When Mr William asked whether he lodged a complaint with the assistant returning officer about the incident Mr Mavi said no.
He asked Mr Mavi why he did not return the half unmarked ballot papers to the security personnel when they arrived at the scene 10 minutes later.
Mr Mavi replied that polling officials were involved in foul play and he was reluctant to hand over the unmarked ballot papers to the security personnel.
Mr William also put to Mr Mavi that the next day, July 4, a reserve ballot box # 75 was given along with 322 ballot papers for the polling at Walupi 2 and polling was conducted peacefully.
But Mr Mavi insisted that there was no polling.

Author:
Hwaters
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, May 19 2008, 04:03:23pm

Chicko,

In your wildest dreams....I guess, be objective and stick to your arguement than spueculating on pumped up gossips.

You need a lesson on constructivity.

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, May 20 2008, 06:59:05am

Hwaters,

If you're from Lagaip Headwaters, stick to your nose rather than sticking it in somebody else's asshhhhh....

Author:
tony
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, May 20 2008, 11:49:59am

Guys, Don is a national minister, not a councilor from your little hideouts in Enga, so, lets let anyone to comment...You might learn from others???

Really, I can smell someting is cooking in the pukpuk timong anda???

Is it true that there is a silent in-fight amongst highlanders for the Deputy NA leadership. Hear, the crocs are backing our 'yes sir' 3 bags full member for Wabag...Time will tell, keep yours hears open...

Author:
Sari Songster (Strip rip nip)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 21 2008, 08:18:41am

Imagine
dear wantoks
that ugly man Polye
opens his big mouth
to call yer
and what do you do?
you do as he says
or else he will roll yer

Author:
Real
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, May 27 2008, 07:25:01pm

Tony,
Some people are forgeting that Minister Polye is a National Leader. That is how small and naive they are in terms of their understanding or merely selfish in their approach.
Polye is open to critisms and comments by everyone but with substance and not emotional bluff.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 28 2008, 10:34:39am

Real,

Polye a "National Leader"!!!!....mmmmmhhh....I can't put him into this busket....Polye is a Super National Conman!! If you don't know him, don't bluff from the outset!.....Leadership is about character....Polye's charactors all points to a REAL CONARTIST...Polye's followers like yourself are of a lower hierarchy in the CONARTIST Tree so you can't distinguish the characters of a REAL LEADER...

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Kandepian Wane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, May 28 2008, 01:42:53pm

Chicko,
Real and Tony are right. He is not insignificant like you are and a conartist like you may be. Are you telling us that Don is there because of con tactics? And can you put some credible arguements so this forum will believe in you instead of your emotional outbursts and jealousy? So far you have been misleading this forum by your succesive lies.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, May 29 2008, 08:48:07am

Mate...you don't know him...Polye is my cousin brother and I know him from the inside out...he is a conartist and that's it!....I don't need a pathetic king polye worshiper like you to question me!

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, May 29 2008, 07:43:19pm

Chicko, I am also from Kandep and have been observing your arguments in this forum for awhile now and am prompted to comment as well. Firstly I appreciate all your comments including that of Kandepian Wane and Komai regarding our MP which can be for good or bad depending on where you are coming from. But I'd like to have my say on what I know of Don Polye and the election in Kandep.
I am amazed to learn from chicko the negatives the Don has that we may have not known of him if chicko and komai are saying from a genuine point. On the other hand I am also keen to listen and know from Kandepian Wane who seem to know so much about Don and the election conduct in Kandep.
Given the comments and arguments so far this is my personal knowledge of Don Polye and the latter. I always believe and know Don to be a leader and will always adore him as a leader unless he can not perform or his leadership is brought into disrepute. I think he is a born leader and here are my substantiations.
Don was a headboy at Avi Primary School, was a school captain for Mt Hagen High School, was a SRC President of Passam National High School and was the best University of Technology SRC President all in a row. Also he was the ASA president in PNG in school days and now Minister in the cabinet and was the DPM and acting PM for a while. Man, we have got to have regard for such achievers and give credit where it dues.
On those basis I undoubtedly have high regard for him as a born leader and I suspect the best is yet to come.
The election in Kandep as I know is not rigged but Don won with a landslide victory. This was evident even before the day of polling when Don had unprecedented support from all corners of Kandep dispite isolated areas that were disrupted which is subject of court case now. That is not to say chicko is wrong but my own assessment and what I know regarding the subject matters.

Thank you

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Kandepian Wane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 31 2008, 08:08:43am

Observer,
Tell these self centred small boys who are nothing buy VERY JEALOUS of Don Polye. If what you are saying is Don, I don't think people like chicko, komai, alfred and the likes have the guts to question his leadership ability. It is not by fluke that he is there nor won by absolute majority. I see none of these guys ever match him. If the incumbent has been the leader all his life can you take away from him his God given talent? Guys remain where you belonged to instead of trying to be like someone else.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
Kandepian Wane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 31 2008, 11:41:30pm

Guys,

I condemn such undemocratic act if it ever took place and intentionally.

The great difference is Don never consented to it or took part in person and supervised like lawyer Alfred Manase did for Upper Marient boxes and Kenneth Andrew for Wage boxes.

I doubt what the witnesses are saying is entirely true but there may have been isolated instances where it is not possible for Don to control all.

The fact is candidate Kenneth Andrew with the help of Governor Ipatas's Blue Ten Seater hijacked these very boxes the witness is claiming,which Kenneth unfortunately failed to complete his mission impossible.

Both of these candidates plus few others preplanned disruption of election in Kandep knowing too well they were not only going to lose but very badly.

And they were executing that as part of a bigger plan to jeorpadise Polye's chances of being the next successor had Chief Somare retired straight after the election.

But all miserabbly failed in their evil attempts and may be licking their wounds today.

I must remind those who are following this that if there was no distruption by these evil motivated people and a fair and free election for all wards conducted, Don would have scored 35,000 of 45,000 on count one alone.

Fearing and knowing this embarrassing situation was looming, the poor rackless candidates went on a hijacking spree to save their faces but mother nature still worked in favour of the appointed one.

A lawyer even forgot on that day that he supposed to uphold the law and show by examples at all time but now he will do some explanation to the judge and the court to justify his serious conducts and behaviours.

The rest of the fingers are pointing back at you or clean your own speck in the eye.

Remember the TRUTH of all truths will prevail at the end of all. That is, what would have transpired had everyone fairly and freely voted.

Fellows, you can try from all angles using what you know and what you have and can think of, Don will stand the test of time. He has done it so many times and will do it again and continue to rule and reign as he was born to.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Kandep polls a total failure, court is told

Author:
chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jun 13 2008, 01:15:28pm

Kandep polls a total failure, court is told

By JAMES APA GUMUNO
THE election manager for Enga province, Henry Kyakas told the Mt Hagen National Court yesterday he had concluded in 2007 that the general elections the Kandep elctorate, Enga province, was a failure.
Mr Kyakas told the court he had recommended to the Electoral Commission that the writ for Kandep Open be withdrawn and the election be declared a failure because half the votes were being disputed by candidates.
He said although he did not visit Kandep to assess the situation , he based his recommendation on petitions he received from candidates.
Mr Kyakas said Electoral Commissioner Andrew Trawen noted his recommendation and sent a team to Wabag which also inlcuded a lawyer and senior officer Boki Raga.
He said this team reported back to Mr Trawen that counting should go ahead.
When counting started, votes were counted at a faster rate than the other electorates, Mr Kyakas said.
He said Kandep district returning officer Naipat Keae declaredDon Polye the winner without having to go throught the elimination process.
The court case is between petitioner Alfred Manase and Works, Transport and Civil Aviation Minister and Kandep MP Don Polye.
Mr Manase is seeking to nullify Mr Polye’s election.
Mr Polye won with a landslide margin and is serving his second term in Parliament.
Mr Manase is alleging that there was widespread illegal acts by Mr Polye’s supporters and election officials. The trial is entering its seventh week.
Mr Kyakas said votes in eight ballot boxes were not counted when the winner was declared.
He said Mr Keae had claimed that these were hijacked boxes which contained tainted votes.
The trial continues today.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Don Polye has been stripped off his ministry!

Author:
outsider
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 31 2008, 03:54:15pm

this all sounds very familiar to the previous elections, where Ipatas followers where filmed* removing ballot boxes and then one person marking 1000's of votes in favour of Ipatas.

Just because a person is a leader and has done well at University ect, they can also be "crooked".

*Tanim documentary

[> Subject: More evidence of vote rigging by king polye's cohorts revealed!

Author:
Chicko
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, May 29 2008, 12:20:35pm

There was no polling, says witness
By JAMES APA GUMUNO
A WITNESS told the National Court in Mt Hagen yesterday that there was no polling at Titip rest house in Kandep district on July 3 and 4 during the National Elections last year.
Witness Dii Apkas, called by petitioner Alfred Manase, told the court that on July 3 polling officials led by presiding officer Sakarias Kalo arrived at Titip rest house around 4.30 in the afternoon.
Apkas said the presiding officer insisted that they vote but the voters asked that polling delayed until the next day because it was very late.
He said all the voters agreed that Mr Kalo should keep ballot box #0059 and papers in his house.
Mr Apkas told the court that before the ballot boxes and papers were taken into Mr Kalo’s house, the presiding officer allegedly told the people that he brought 1041 ballot papers but he also took five extra ballot papers which added to 1046 for the polling officials to vote.
He said he learnt that around 5am the next day the ballot box and papers were taken to Tope village some 2.5km away from the Titip rest house and some people marked all the ballot papers in favour of Mr Polye. Mr Apkas said there was no polling that day as expected.
During cross-examination, Ray William, counsel for the Electoral Commission, asked if he saw people marking the ballot papers for Mr Polye and the witness replied that he stood some 40 metres away from his house and watched people marking the papers.
Mr Apkas said he could not go closer as some people shouted threats for people not to go near. He could not identify who shouted the threats.
Trial continues today into its fourth week. Petitioner Manase is challenging the election of Works, Transport, and Civil Aviation Minister Don Polye as Member for Kandep.

[> [> Subject: Re: More evidence of vote rigging by king polye's cohorts revealed!

Author:
Komai (Wake Wane)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 31 2008, 02:46:23pm

Kandepian Wane, your arguement shows that you don't even read news papers. See, Chicko is keeping us informed of all the latest...and that's what we call real evidence. We are argueing basing on facts and not on assumptions like what you are doing. Let me tell you Kandepian Wane that the strings will go tighter and tighter around you king's balls at the end of this legal betal and this will proof to you that Chicko is by all means right by saying your Don is a professional corn artist.

Cheers,

[> [> [> Subject: Re: More evidence of vote rigging by king polye's cohorts revealed!

Author:
Komai (Wake Wane)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, May 31 2008, 02:57:43pm

Ballot boxes were ‘hijacked’

A POLLING official for the Kandep Open electorate told the Court of Disputed Returns yesterday he saw a ballot box with ballot papers for one resthouse being swapped with another.
Gini Koko, a polling official assigned to cover the 2007 Kandep elections, said three ballot boxes had been hijacked by supporters of Don Polye and he was told not to follow the track where the boxes were taken.
Mr Koko told the court in Mt Hagen that voters from Kinduli, Laguni and Imapkaye resthouses told him not to follow the ballot boxes taken away allegedly by Mr Polye’s supporters.
He said despite the warning he went to Tirip rest house where ballot papers were allegedly ticked by presiding officers in favour of Mr Polye.
He said he was told by presiding officer Sakarias Kalo to go through the common roll for Tirip and identify names of males against females and leave the rest with him.
“While this was happening, I saw the ballot papers for Tirip were put on the side and ticked by a supporter of Mr Polye and signed by Mr Kalo,” he said.
He said he was not allowed to cross off the names of men and women he was asked to cross check, adding Mr Kalo wanted to do this himself.
He said this was happening inside Yasua Waro’s house and he also saw five other ballot boxes sitting there and all the presiding officers of those boxes.
Mr Koko said the boxes were for Tirip, Kanem, Tinili, Biapoli and Imapyaku.
Counsel for the petitioner Paul Mawa asked if the boxes were opened or closed. Mr Kokoe said all the boxes were opened when he went in.
He said the Imapyaku box was sitting idle while the others had their papers signed by the presiding officers.
“After that I saw someone pick up that box (Imapyaku) and there were unmarked ballot papers inside,” he said.
Mr Koko said after that a young man took the box outside of the house and he saw him tick the papers which were the presiding officers.
He identified the presiding officer as Luke Angat and as the Imapyaku papers were filled, they were then put into Andakoi’s box and taken away for counting.
He said out of the six ballot boxes, only five of them were filled and taken away while the Imapyaku box was left behind without any ballot papers in it.
In cross examination, lawyer assisting the respondent Paulus Dowa asked asked if the presiding officers, including Mr Koko, made any effort to register a complaint with the district returning officer of the hijack of ballot boxes,
Mr Koko said that they were busy at the time and did not register a complaint.

[> [> [> Subject: Evidence not tested and proven.

Author:
Kandepian Wane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Jun 01 2008, 11:37:14pm

Wake Wane,
That is not a hard evidence, rather full of lies and fabrication by this witness so don't call it a hard evidence as yet.
And if you fail to succeed in tying up Don as you say, it might be tightly around your own weak balls which you might piss painfully.
By the way, if you don't know the truth, Kenneth Andrew was the one who initiated and hijacked these boxes which unfortunately he did not complete his mission but fled..
Don is a gifted leader and not a conartist like you say. Looks like you have not known Don yet even though some of you claim to be his relative in this forum.
I suggest you guys put your difference aside and rally behind Don to really know who he is. Then you might start to appreciate and follow like everyone else.

Brothers, I see all of you are not using your brains but emotions,anger,frustrations and words leading to destruction and desolation that you will only regret later.

Author:
Ace
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jun 02 2008, 01:06:16pm

Fellows,

I am watching from Mt. Hagen Court House today when the witness hearings are in progress. Don's suporters are saying these guys are small boys, they will do nothing after all".
Alfred's witnesses are saying " We are only admitting what we saw during the day".

The nature curses and the nature rewards. But...

PEOPLE!!!... There's a rope around Polye's balls. The pukpuk's working out his attack plan. When the strike occurs, Polye may go back to Avi Block, Mt. Hagen, WHP. Baisu is also there at the back of Avi. (FYI, he does not have a house in Kandep).

Come, come, come and see what's out like here at Hagen Court hourse. Very interesting when you see how the Kandepians react to each other.

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jun 02 2008, 09:49:20pm

ACE..

DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING HERE IF YOU MEANT TO SAY SOMETHING.

Author:
SB
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jun 03 2008, 12:18:39am

Despite the outright denials by Kandepian Wane of any wrong doings by Polye but his supporters, I have come to doubt the election of Polye due to the serious allegations that have been raised by Alfred's witnesses. The defendant's lawyers have not contested most of the witness' statements. How could the electroral commission lawyer stand up to argue claims of acts that have been against the democratic rights of people. It does not matter if Kenneth or Don caused the problem, the fact of the matter is people did not cast their votes to people they wished to cast their votes to. Tribal voting is seen as a norm in Enga and that mentality should change. I conclude from all that's been said and written through the news coverages that Kandep open elections results were not a true reflection of the people's choice.

Author:
Kandepian Wane
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Jun 04 2008, 12:46:53am

SB,
Don Polye remains innocent and so are his supporters even today despite what you read and heard in the Court Room so far.
I have reasons to boldly state this with pride and not with any guilt because the people of Kandep have truely and exceedingly voted him in.
This fact is known by my brothers including Alfred Manase but only looking for excuses to tarnish the good name of our MP.
I would really appreciate if the losing candidates and their supporters can argue to say Don would not have won but because of...
Otherwise don't do it at the expense of the poor people like what KLagaipT3 rightfull puts it.

[> Subject: Let's Stop this Bigotry!!!

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jun 03 2008, 02:35:36pm

Kaiminingki's

I do not mean to pry into your electoral business but I would like to point that whether Polye or Manase rule in Kandep, PNG will remain PNG and subject to the political rule of the day! Please, let us not fight each other but work together for the good of our people (of Kandep). By the signs, we have foresaken our people by our selfish pride and greed.

KLagaipT3
Tokyo, JP

Author:
Wanpis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jun 03 2008, 06:53:09pm

Tok i dai KLagaipT3

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.