VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]
Subject: Bad Picture on Toyota Mioks

Author:
Freddie
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 05:21:36am

Very bad picture... :-(

----------
3 Mioks banned from SP Cup

THREE Toyota Mioks players have been banned from playing in SP Cup matches between 2008 to 2010 after they were found guilty of assault charges in Kokopo last week.
Jason Desmond, Nissan Yapao and Sam Maniat were part of a group of seven players who were charged by the Kokopo police under the Civil Aviation Authority Act for refusing to leave the Tokua Airport because they were drunk and acting disorderly last week.
The four other players were suspended. They are Stanis Tondop, Richard Yalom, John Waka and Stanley Tipend.
The seven players also appeared briefly for mention at the Kokopo District Court last Thursday and each was ordered by ENB senior provincial magistrate Reggett Marum to pay a court fine of K300.
In handing down the penalties Papua New Guinea National Rugby League chairman Thomas Higgins in a letter to Don Fox from the Toyota franchise said “Further to the serious incident at Kokopo on Monday (16/07/07) where seven representatives of the Mioks team were involved in an incident with Air Niugini staff, security and police at the airport and after receiving from yourself the details of the court decisions against the seven individuals the NRL confirm the decision to take disciplinary action against the individuals for bringing the SP Cup and rugby league into disrepute.”
“These individuals breached the code of conduct, section 6 of the SP Cup competition and also the PNGRFL Constitution, Clause 19(2) and the disciplinary action is as follows,” Higgins said.
l All seven individuals suspended from participation in six SP Cup matches effective 29/07/07.
The individuals are Stanis Tondop, Richard Yalom, John Waka, Stanley Tipend, Jason Desmond, Nissan Yapao and Sam Maniat.
l Maniat and Desmond, who were guilty of two assault charges are further banned from all SP Cup competition involvement for the seasons 2008 and 2009.
l Yapao who was guilty of three assault charges is banned from all SP Cup competition involvement for seasons 2008, 2009 and 2010.
l Toyota Mioks fined the sum of K3000 which is payable to PNGNRL by 3/08/07.
l Toyota Mioks to be deducted two competition points.
Higgins said it was hoped that the disciplinary action being taken reinforced the PNGNRL policy of zero tolerance of such reckless behaviour by SP Cup players and officials.
“Please also note that the actions taken by the PNGNRL relates to SP Cup competition, and a copy of this will be forwarded to the PNGRFL judiciary who may extend the disciplinary action to all Rugby league competitions, which is their prerogative,” he said.

-----------

Well done PNGRFL.....

I feel ashamed, yet relieved with the decision as these guys deserve what they got. It hurts, and is a shame on us, but what more can I or Enga do? PNG RFL has lived its obligations and so has the court of law..

-Freddie

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Bad Picture on Toyota Mioks

Author:
KLagaipT3
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 07:37:41am

And I thought the Simbu Warriors were the only team in the competition that needed cold water spilled over their heads. What shame! Shame, shame, shame!! Such unruly behaviour by our players demonstrates a lack of professionalism and disrespect for the sporting code. (There's nothing wrong with drinking, but the manner of conducting oneself in public immediately prior to or after a match is critically paramount. One has to remain sober and drink at his own personal time and leisure.) No wonder none of our players will ever be given a break with the Aussie NRL or become premiership contenders. Enga has been begging for a premiership win since my tambu's (Raymond Karl) last involvement for its only SP Intercity Cup win in 2000.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Naro
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 12:41:44pm

I personally appreciate the action taken by the PNGRFL to suspend the 3 players and fine the team. Players' actions before and after games reflect the type of management the team has. I would recommend for a overall change in the management and the type of players that are selected to represent the pride of Enga. I won't be suprised if Toyota terminates it sponsorship deals.

CHeers
Naro

Author:
Shamed
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 01:29:12pm

WILD ANIMALS HAVE TO BE TAMED. THIS IS A CIVILISED SOCIETY. EVEN A LADY DRIVES A COASTER AND PILOTING THE JAMBOS. OR EVEN PLAYING RUGBY LEAGUE. AND NOT TO MENTION THAT LADIES ARE DRINKING MATURELY THEN MEN. YUPLA DRINK PISPIS BLO OL VAVINE NA WOKIM OH, YUPLA PISPISIM YUPLA YET GO KAM NA KAMAMP INSANE. GREAT STAND PNGRFL!

AND YA, WAS PITY AND DISGRACE TO WITNESS SOME FUDDLED SMALL "BUSINESSMEN" DOING SOME PUBLIC FITNESS AT LAE LAST SUNDAY. AND GOOD JOB, WATER BOI BLO OL MIOKS.

I TEND TO BELIEVE THAT ONLY THE "TOWN KIDS" KNOW HOW TO PLAY BIGMEN FOOTY.

WERE IS THE FAIRNESS AND EQUALITY!

Ii Tobo andaeke yapao, kogoo lyna lyna napirama giiliamoo.

shamed.

Author:
TapuMalo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Jul 27 2007, 02:16:09pm

I salute PNGRL for the decision.....I call upon the mioks mgt team to further punish these players and ban them for life in the Mioks team. They can play for other clubs but not mioks....This decision by PNGRL serves to inform us that disorderly behaviour is unaccaptable and will not be tolerated by the code. Thanyou for protecting the image of the code.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.