VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5]6789 ]
Subject: Now with the election over we have 5 years to get to a new Level.

Author:
Kambi
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tue, Jul 31 2007, 12:29:20am

Now that the results have been determine, weither thru just or unjust means, it looks like the team of 6 is not a bad team at all if they can all work together for the good of the people of Enga.

I see that the Enga government needs to concentrate on the following areas in no order of priority;
1. Health services
2. Education
3. Economic development
4. Lifestyle improvement
5. Road network improvement
6. Elimination of tribal fights

I do have a few suggestions on these areas if the brians behind the Enga government are willing to hear. I suppose a group of MPs with common goals would acheive more within the 5 years then for each MP to fight on his own and achieve nothing. I think the way forward to develop Enga is through the broader engagement of donor agencies. There are Engan's in higher places that can push forward to get such assistance so it's how our MPs can make use of our Engas both in public and private sectors to achieve all that is good for our beloved province.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: A chapter has closed and Now A New Chapter (moving forward)

Author:
Freddie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jul 31 2007, 03:13:10am

Well Said Kambi,

I think we all need to now refocus our energy and get the attentions of the newly elected MPs to listen to us. This is not a bad idea with the vast professional majority of Engans linking through this forum to speak our "just and professional" minds about how best Enga can be developed.

We have a very good situation in the MP for Lagaip Porgera with Philip Kikala being elected as MP. Stephen's (KLagaipT3) been pretty attentive and a loyal participator in this forum. And I believe we can begin with Stephen to voice how best we can see Lagaip Porgera develop. This I share from the mindset of, and on behalf of a professional and education pool of Engans.

With Stephen being online here, we also need equal representation from the other elected MP areas. So any voice raised is not waisted and heard attentively. Hopefully we can contribute meaningfully to the development of Enga in this sense.

I believe we can now drop the so much campaigning and negativity and start moving forward. Time cannot wait on us, so shall our new Chapter...

Freddie

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: Now with the election over we have 5 years to get to a new Level.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Jul 31 2007, 09:21:20am

Kambi,

Of the issues you pointed out elimination of tribal should be the first and foremost issue that needed a concerted attention from the 6 MPs to consider.

I beleive with tribal fight eliminated it will pave the way for the other issues to fall in line. Tribal fighting is cancerous in Enga. With it deeply entrenched in the minds and attitudes of our people back home it will be difficult to address the other issues. Tribal fights will always rear its ugly head to haunt our good efforts in turning our province around.

It is imperative that the 6 MPs set aside their political and personal differences and work together to find workable solution to this societal disease (tribal fight). They must do this in the first year of their term to set a ground work to deal with other issues of importance during the ensuing years.

I suggest, Enga take a page out of the East New Briatin Province book for instance. Although its leaders hail from different electorates with different political affiliations, when it comes to matters concerning the Welfare of ENBP they are united and whatever decisions they make is in the collective interest of their people and province. No wonder it is THE leading province in PNG in terms of infrastructural development and improved services provision compared to Enga and the rest of PNG.

The simple trick, even a kindergarten kid knows, here is that their members ALWAYS cooperate when it comes to matters concerning their province and peoples.

Engan MPs should do the same in day 1 of this term if we want to progress in addressing the issues concerned.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.