VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]789 ]
Subject: Re: Enga 1996 -2006 EMTV Presentation

Author:
Enga at heart
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Mon, May 21 2007, 04:10:57pm
In reply to: Cool_Guy1 's message, "Re: Enga 1996 -2006 EMTV Presentation" on Mon, May 21 2007, 02:44:46pm

Cool_Guy 1

I totally agree with you. You have highlighted some very important points here. In particular, about generating income through cash crops. That is the only way the bulk of Enga can move forward and be independent financially/economically. Education is only for the privileged few. To touch Enga, you need to touch them at the core of the problems and issues they face. The problem with Enga is that the people are not fully engaged in a income generating activity. Given the right technical assistance, Engan will used their land to produce the cash crops that you have mentioned. What the government must do is to provide markets for them. In looking for markets, we could start with Porgera Gold mine. The governor should liase with PJV so that enga can provide all the vegetables such a carrots, cabbages, broccoli etc. These activities can be faciliated through existing organisational vehicles such as Enga vegetable marketing Depo. Just notify the people that on a particular daty/week, trucks will be coming around at particular location to buy in cash these products.It will be just like selling coffee on the road side, except, this time, the people will know what time buyers will come and exact prices they will be paid per kilograms. Iam sure if such a thing was in place, Enga will respond. If this become successful, then markets in other provinces/cities including even overseas markets must be identified. This is the only way enga will change and move forward in a practical way. Otherwise, the few educated will live a comfortabe life while the rest of enga will be bounded by a viscous cycle of poverty.And when election time comes,everyone will be looking to intending candidates as their Messia to deliver them from the bondages of poverty.

I do not want to be too critical here about the so called Engan action governor, but in my opinion, he was rightly placed to do much yet achieved little, if anything. Ten years has been a total waste. He has not impacted Enga in any meaningful socio-economic and infrastructural development purposes. What can you expect a man to do anyway, when half his time, he is building his personal empire and the other half he is looking for ladies. How much time does this leave him to think about Enga? And for his aspirations to be the Prime Minister, I live that to the voters on the ground. if they feel he has been an inspirational and hardworking leader who has genuinely concerned about their cosial and economic welfare, then how they vote is their prerogative. Iam sure rural Enga, though not well educated, are highly intelligent people who can think logically, critically and make the right decisions.

Engan at heart

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.