VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Ambum Wake up

Author:
Den'Den
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, Jan 06 2007, 07:25:41pm

If you are from the AMBUM part of the Kompiam/Ambum Electorate, it is about time for us to think critically now.

Elections are a couple of months away. Well, as I write, politicians have already surfaced and there is a list that is floating around with such heavy weights as Mr. Pundari up front. Now, for all of us who will not be contesting the upcoming elections, we are the ones who will have the honours in voting these power hungry vultures who will be contesting the 2007 elections. (The ordinary procedure)

Now, if you are from the Ambum part of the Kompiam/Ambum electorate, this is our year to set foot in Parliament. The name Ambum refers to the river that runs starting from upper Ambum making its way down the valleys connecting up with Lai (River). Factually, the Ambum road runs parallel to the Ambum River and occasionally, the two cross each other.

Today, the Ambum River runs into the Ambum road and the road at certain areas is submerged underwater. Landslides, collapsed bridges, road segment displacement, road growing bushes etc is an indication that for us Ambumians, there is no room for bribery, wantok system, foul play, conning, money play etc.

Finally, Kompiam MPs have overlooked the Ambum part of the dual Electorate so I now call upon all Ambumians to stand up together and face this upcoming election and take the Ultimate Trophy home as we have a lot to do for ourselves once we have that Trophy. I do not support any intending MPs for the Kompiam Ambum electorate but I am prepared to vote for any Ambumian MP that is a true “Indian”

Enough is enough

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Ambum Wake up

Author:
Malipine Onotange
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Jan 07 2007, 08:35:00pm

I agree with you but you Ambumians don't compromise. I have seen almost every tribe along Ambum contesting the seat in previous elections and in such cases you can't afford numbers to win that Trophy. Only Konlius Kakale had a chance in 1992 election. Unless you guys nominate single or two which will not happen, you Ambumians will only dream on. That MP will only be held by Kompiam Central or mid-Kompiam.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Ambum Wake up

Author:
Den'Den
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sun, Jan 07 2007, 09:04:38pm

Malipine Onotange,

Your critic is very much appreciated as this forum is for such. "BUT", critics in no way attack venomously on ideas incepted for the betterment for a sole target. Now, being a critic, you either add an idea or subtract the already mentioned. Mr.Onotange or should I say Mr. South, please, let only Ambumians proceed.

Stay Out.

Author:
Malipine Onotange
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jan 08 2007, 05:36:46pm

My critics were form of challenge. If you guys (Ambumians) are men enough then form a coalition. Otherwise i stand firm with my words coz these are facts.

Author:
Corner Man
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Jan 08 2007, 11:21:35pm

Malipine Onotange,

As Den'den as written and expressed, I think he has set off in the right direction for the Ambumians to think seriously. Yeah, that's right, we Ambumians have congested in terms of the No. of candidates come elections in the langsyne-elections but I salute the call by Den'den.

Malipine Onotange, you comments inclusion of the phrase "are men enough" to a clear mind implicates hatered. The originality of want was posted here by Den'den bespeaks naturally for a coalition, unification & syncretism for all Ambumian intending candidates. The last thing we want is such net-pouffes like you to be forever promiscous with your trivial comments in everyother persons advertorial here in this forum.

Ambumians, if you know of intending candidates from the Ambum valley, inform them of this forum and let them spill their thoughts here and we can all proceed discussions with what we (general Ambum voters)think of their politics.

Corner Man

Author:
Upper Ambum Tange
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Jan 11 2007, 11:46:49am

That was a good point for discussion for the District.
The state of public infrastructure in both Ambum and Kompiam sub-districts are in a state that is much worse than it was 15 -18 years ago.

The number one need for Kompiam Ambum electorate is ROAD.
All other things are NOT PRIORITY at the moment.

Any aspiring leader that has EYES, BRAINS and COMMON SENSE is needed to go into the Parliament come election time.

People like John Pundari and Maki Dickson have STOMACH ONLY
and they seem to lack EVERY TRAIT that a leader should have.

Ambumians, vote for only 1 person who has HAS EYES, BRAIN and COMMON SENSE whose NUMBER 1 PRIORITY IS ROADS.

Author:
Repost
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 03 2007, 02:09:45pm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ] Date Posted: Sat, Feb 03 2007, 11:35:37am
iayaka,
man been home for holiday and I got to be straight up; The road condition is F*** to its worse. I symphitize the Ambum side, dunno ure end but the District so called Kompiam's turning into a nightmare and talking about holiday, turned out to be a freaking experience being bruised and sick after pushing and physically carrying the trucks ,which should be the other way round. Quite frankly its frustrating seeing people coming up with bullcrap promises during election times and being a complete asshole when it comes to actually performing their duties. Ive seen the current MP giving owt hard cash (10 000, 15000 Kina) to individuals hand to hand and if U go to Wabag nowadays theres are new PMV stop down the back of the Air Niugini Building called the Kompiam PMV stop. There people are waiting for their MP delivering money to them. wata hell, man Im from Kompaim, working overseas and after 6yrs nt being home and just been there and seeing my land being neglected for service because of some idiots misusing our peoples money giving hand to hand hard cash I feel for my people. what U guys think?? pls do share ideas as Ive contected people home to form a group to forcefully telling intending canidates to build their gradstands in their own village nt at the headquarters. The headquarters such as Kompiam and Anditale should be used as a debating arena not for singsing purposes or nomination purpose whatsoever. The intending canidates plus the Current MP should come there publically informing people what give them the right to be voted.eg; current MP Dickson should tell people clearly what he has done to Kompiam and Ambum; did he meet the promises he had made that gurantee him to go for the nxt round. I can say hes a complete illitrate and had completely gone insane when he was dumped to the Parliament. Our place is a wreck and nt long we'll be living a stoneage life and may take a wakabawt from our place to Wabag insted of going by jip. This might only be a nonesense to some of yous but if u are educated pls think about where we are from and how we and our kids will see our home as in the comings. Pls inform ure people and tell them to vote carefully.

I believe in my district and Im tired of seeing someone living luxury and eating fish and chips in POM while my people are walking from Kompiam to Wabag.

frustrated Sauwan

Author:
Kapupin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Feb 10 2007, 11:50:56pm

Hi Guys,
How is new election process is working-it would be impossible for ambum to win even with one leader.

Because Ambum has 9,000 people. Kompiam has 30,000. Since the winner will have to win by absolute majority, that is approx. 20,000 votes...Ambum may never see the light of day...in any future elections-they do not have the numbers.

This new election system will only allow a person from Kompiam to win due to the population.

Happy election

Kapupin

Author:
Real Kapupin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 12 2007, 10:45:18am

This appears like an imposter who might be scared of a potential hot candidate arising from the Ambum sub-district to
have a go at the 2007 elctions.

Real Kapupin

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ambum Wake up

Author:
kapupin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:35:55am

Hi Real Kapupin/to whom it may concern,
I am not a candidate so I am not interested in politics at present-I am merely an observer.

Your reply to my comments were right for you as an individual. I respect that...however regarding elections-it is won by numbers not merely a desire to win an election. You have to do some calculations and understand what activity you are about to pursue-in this case its being a candidate in Ambum/Kompiam election.

In the last 30 years the winning candidate from Ambum/Kompian as won with more than 10,000 votes give/take. This rules out Ambum were all the Tee (Okeng, Kyoip,etc) and Kapupins (Takaip,Yandapon, Ke,etc) etc lives. This group of tribes in Ambum lower and upper are still devisive.

This leaves the opportunity for a candidate from Kompiam to win.

However if a Ambum candidate still wants to win he/she can do the following:

1. Join forces with tribes from Kompiam with a large population that will help your number to go past 20,000.
2. Buy votes
3. Agree to share power with Kompiams who help you win
4. Build roads,houses and infrastructure in Komiam districts to gain more votes.
5. Avoid this election and go into business-once established- you can have the money to influence the balance of power.

If a Ambum candidate wants to go in election-he/she should plan asap and do this now. Other wise he/she may end up as part of the 49/50 candidates who loose (If there are 50 Candidates).

The interpretation of the new election process makes an ambum candidate unlikely to win-since ambum only has a population of 10,000.

As mentioned earlier, to win the ambum candidate he/she has to get extra 10,000 votes from Kompiam.To do this-one has to be creative-if you really want to get that 10,000 extra votes-you'll find a way (I am sure).

Real kapun-Thank you for the reply.

Kapupin

Author:
The real Kapupin's imposter's imposter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Mon, Feb 12 2007, 01:09:50pm

Ambum will grow to be a metropolis of gigantic proportions and we will all thank Kapupin's cousin's next door neighbour.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Ambum Wake up

Author:
Hello
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 13 2007, 08:29:40am

come off it and get real.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Hello

Author:
Grassroot
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tue, Feb 13 2007, 09:31:44am

He is being real. where did you come from U lousy punk head.

Author:
Miss Enga 2007!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thu, Mar 01 2007, 09:53:59am

Ambum/Kopiam....has leaders raising up! Do you all know them one by one??? Who would you all vote for??? Some people are living in luxury to even understand the circumstances back there....I will only vote for one man and only one...I have made my choice...Dickson Magi and Pundari you are both out of my list...My people have also thrown you both out and there is no way you all are getting my vote.....I'm sick and tired of being a kanaka...I've been a kanaka long enough!

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.