VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: STOP VOTE BUYING (BRIBERY)

Author:
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sat, Jan 27 2007, 11:01:16am
In reply to: spy 's message, "Don Polye's Form of macroeconomics in Kandep" on Wed, Jan 24 2007, 12:36:31pm

Cool_Guy1 and KLagaipT3,

From some of your threads on this forum it appears that both of you are bright and educated Engans. However, I fail to see the logic in your support for a few Laiagams and Kandepens accepting cash as bribes from these American Buffoons.

The bottom line is the monies they are using to buy votes, build their wives empires, and soliciting whores in Morata swamp belongs to the people of Enga. This does not mean that all Engans can dip their paws into the public coffers to physically extract cash from it. We all know that these monies are there for the collective (if I may use Bystanders terminology) good of Enga. It is for use on infrastructure and services etc that will benefit Engans.

You and me as educated citizens of Enga must refuse outright any involvement in the corrupt vote buying stupidity that is going on. If by refusing, we remain one kina poorer than so be it. At least we are principled and honest and can go to sleep with no worries.

However, receiving the monies as bribery for votes indicates that you are not any better than Karpa Yarka's tuks at Morata or Don Polye's tambus at Timbai land. You are part-taking in the moral decay and corruption of Enga and PNG as a whole.

We as educated Engans should vigorously discourage such trend and tell the people we can influence to refrain from such. You don't need to be a popular figure to stop this decay. We all should start by changing our own mentality and attitudes before changing that of others.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: STOP VOTE BUYING (BRIBERY)

Author:
Bystander
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sat, Jan 27 2007, 08:37:12pm

Cool Guy, you are too quick in judging your leaders. Maybe the accusations you have against him could be true, could not be true. What YOU SEE WITH YOUR OWN EYES are genuine, thus express. Never express what Others saw and tells you. That is the point of your accusations against the little americans. My point is the wrong impression of getting free handouts (cash). Don't you thing this would create some kind of dependancy syndrome due to the fact of people having free handouts?

Besides, if cash is handed out, WHY TAKE IT. Challenge him to invest them into something COLLECTIVE rather then personal benefits. Its never too late. Teach your people about the manner of collectivity rather then personal benefits.

The little mr americans have lived a life that are contradictory to what they were mandated to do. We all know that. But that is not my point. What life they lived is of course a contradiction, if that could be. But my point is: DO NOT TAKE THE MONEY IN THE NAME OF "MY MONEY". That does not serve the purpose of logic and intelligences. Imagine just how you could promote dishonesty among your own people. Dishonesty has its own consequences in the long run.

You don't teach your people to be dishonest. Rather, teach them to be honest so that they don't have to get the free cash handouts. IT DOES NOT SERVE THE PURPOSE of who we are, be logical, be prudent and be smart cool guy. You appeared to be someone of moral stand in your previous treats on this forum, why letting people take a money in diguise? The contradicts what you stand for.

Bystander.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.