VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: Fr. Robert Plews Laka, Please Answer............

Author:
RPLaka, SVD (My respons, Corner Man)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Feb 01 2007, 05:15:23pm
In reply to: Corner Man. 's message, "Fr. Robert Plews Laka, Please Answer............" on Thu, Feb 01 2007, 12:55:05pm

Corner Man,

I appreciate your question, but let me correct you kaim, that nobody dodged off after posing the said topic in this forum, mind you kaim, I haven’t. Besides, I have noted points expressed by like minded and concern people. But take note, this may be my subject as you said, but his is not my solution alone, rather a collective one; yours and mine. It is not a matter of imbayanya pyaan pen ongo pii, rather, apa pyo pimbana pii. To name a few, engalenge and pngean and others have shared collective ideas that would at least give US, no me, BUT US, some ideas on how we can come up with a solution. You yourself negated awareness campaign even suggested a socio-ethical studies involving NGOs and other study groups concerning the matter. This I suppose would be categorized under the anthropological studies in social science research traditions. Well, I agree with this suggestion, but if you suggest this to be taken off from a scientific study stand point, then, I suppose one has to come up with a hypothesis which would qualify for the result from a social science perspective.

More so, as you have mentioned and I quote “I am sure it's not a political or personal fare. It is obviously a Spiritual matter that has Complex Links to the Physical Ethno-Egotistic Attitude of Engan Ancestral Ethnicity (Super-hereditary Status). Solely, Politics(al) involvement has made it even worse in the yesteryears”. Well, I guess, you have to prove this claim of yours if you take it from a Spiritual matter with its like to physical ethno-egotistic attitude.

If we look at the cause of the existing problem, you and I will agree that there are numerous factors. Nowadays, almost anything is leading to tribal fighting, starting from pigs, dogs, cats, tress ending up with human lives. All these appear to be motivating factors leading to the existing problems. Any little things seem to have kinas and toeas attaching to them.

Kaim, I have expressed an issue that would trigger ways in which each one of us, could collectively come up with something that would help us heal the wounds of division that has been with us for decades. True enough, as expressed by others in this forum, that tribal fight has been with us and we have grown up with this. But the question I asked myself is that: Do we really have to resolve to tribal fighting as a means to an end if something aggravates? Do we? Do I really have to take someone’s life because he/she has provoked me? I mean, there are other ways to resolve the conflict, why tribal fight.

I guess, as Engans we all grew up in the mentality: Emba pii kande, ba iringi pyap, the eye for an eye school of though we inherit from our village elders and of course our parents, I suppose. Well, I agree that it is with IN us. However, I wonder if there is any other way in which we, Educated Engans would say: pii kande, kapala kayap. Can we propose ways to educate our own people, the consequences of tribal fight? How far can we go if we live like this, revenge and vengeance for vengeances?

Corner man, if you have read the CONTENTS of Max & Kembol’s critique, I guess you may have had a glimpse of what they are see as if educated ones are collecting materials for MA and PhDs or what have you. More so, softly, rather indirectly proposing stumbling blocks towards achieving peace in a collective way. (I may be wrong). If that is what you have presumed, then I guess you could have been wrong in my responses to them. Please re-visit this forum and read ALL the articles I have written concerning this matter and you will know what I am sharing.

Now to your questions. I don’t think you would need 6 different answers to your six questions. I will answer them in one paragraph.

Being involved in a tribal fight and receiving arrows and bullets does not necessarily mean that I was there to avenge looses nor support my tribe to fight. Being in the frontier of A tribal fight was for me to retrieve the wounded in the battle field from being slaughtered (and I guess you know what I mean here) and as a peace maker. I being a priest could not just let my people die in my eyes. I am trained not to let such things happen when I am present at the site. I know what yanda nenge is. That is why I mentioned in my response to Kembol and Max that, I wouldn’t mind even loosing my life to save the other from slaughtered in an animalistic way.

To your seventh question: As I have suggested, you could read some of the sharing I have posted in this forum, plus the others who have shared their precious times contributing something worth noting. I have appreciated the individuals who have shared their ideas and mind you, I am personally contacting them through telephone, (Including the late Anderson Aipit). Besides, by being out of the country, it seems that I could not work alone on the said topic when I am consumed with other academic requirements meeting deadlines. If you wish to jot in any suggestions, please visit this group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/enga_yandakai/manage

Finally, the topic may die or put to rest in this forum, (let it be if you want it so) but the wishes and longing for peace in Enga for the generations to come will never die. It needs people like you, me, Kembol, Max and others to put this to an end once and for all for the good of our children that are yet to be born and those born already. Our Enga would need people like you and me for our children of tomorrow to walk freely without fleeing for their lives or walking around their beloved neighborhood with fear.

Peace to you kaim,

Fr. Robert Plews Laka, SVD

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Direct correlation between tribal fights and crime

Author:
Kembol the Klever
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 07:35:08am

The fewer tribal fights that occur result in more crime. Therefore increase tribal fights and decrease crime.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Kembol (the Clever???) Your argument does not have any substance at all

Author:
Observer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 02 2007, 07:51:51am

KTK,

I do not find any substance in your arguments, at all.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.