VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]9 ]
Subject: Re: Beauty, a key to development - MUST READ

Author:
pngean
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Thu, Feb 22 2007, 05:18:37pm
In reply to: Beautiful Engan 's message, "Beauty, a key to development - MUST READ" on Thu, Feb 22 2007, 11:10:43am

In my opinion, Japan is a very good example of a people and culture regarding what this article is talking about.

I have found that the Japanese like and appreciate beauty - in nature, in other cultures, in techonology, sports and food.

Japanese food must be appealing to the eye before it can be eaten. Presentation is a vital part of food prepration, if not the most important. The tea ceremongy and flower arrangement shows this clearly.

There is always an element of beauty in everything they do. This is reflected in the way their homes are kept, development of electronic gadgets and so forth.

I think these are the outward manifestions of the inner appreciation of beauty that developed in the Japanese people over time.

peace

pngean

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Beauty, a key to development - MUST READ

Author:
True
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Fri, Feb 23 2007, 01:56:32pm

I can testify to that because I did rub shoulders with some Japanese for two weeks and could sense and see the uniqueness of these group of people.

One overriding principle that is automatically obvious to any casual onlooker is that, they show RESPECT for OTHER PEOPLE and PROPERTY.

No wonder they have progressed so fast in development. That clearly shows the direct linkage between CARE and PROGRESS in life.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT+10
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.