VoyForums

Tuesday, November 21, 06:13:03pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:58:18 07/11/13 ThuPDT
Author: Gary Chapman (Happy & sad)
Author Host/IP: 198.228.228.165
Subject: Re: TOUR OF DUTY 1968-69 UDORN THAILAND
In reply to: WILLIAM (BILLY) CLARK 's message, "TOUR OF DUTY 1968-69 UDORN THAILAND" on 14:51:27 08/07/03 ThuPDT

My name is Gary Chapman, I was a K-9 Handler, Udorn Thailand 1975-76.
I handled "SINNER W-172" & "JOSH" a new green female dog. Sinner was an old sentry dog but very alert and aggressive. He gave me an alert one night turned out to be a King Cobra. Good thing I didn't release Sinner, he probably would have gotten bit. Josh was young and new and sometimes had a short attention span, but when she payed attention she was hyper and had a hell of a leap when attacking a arm wrap. It's like she wanted more face than arm. We called her "little bitch" around the kennel. When we pulled out in 1976 I left with 8 dogs that where distributed through out S.E. Asia. Josh was one of them. Sinner unfortunately got the big green needle. My eyes are welled up, still bothers me today, infact I carry a picture of him to this day in my wallet and spend most of Veterans Day thinking of him. Josh wound up in Okinawa along with me and I was hoping to take her through drug school. The kennel master assigned her to another handler. I guess she went on to be a top notch drug dog.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: TOUR OF DUTY 1968-69 UDORN THAILAND -- Larry Worley, 23:12:17 05/23/14 FriPDT (27.55.9.176)

I was at Udorn from May or June of 1967 and was married in Dec.to a Thai who I knew for a for a 1 1/2 years .I was there when the C-141 was attack and set on fire with the flight crew fighting the fire.141 was to pick up P.O.W.s and take them to Clark A.F.B.I was at Udorn for 3 straight yrs ,so I was there when the The F-4 crashed into the A.F.T.N. building, 2 months after the crash I P.C.S.ed to Ubon.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.