VoyForums

Tuesday, November 21, 06:08:52amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:30:26 12/16/07 SunPST
Author: Mike warner
Author Host/IP: 24.247.52.224
Subject: Re: Vietnam Dog Information
In reply to: Tom Mitchell 's message, "Vietnam Dog Information" on 12:35:53 02/23/03 SunPST

Hi Tom,
I'm hoping you remember me. You were at Tuy Hoa for a few months after I got there. I was hoping to hear from you from an earlier e-mail that I sent. I really need your help on a couple of things. First , is there any way that I can get a copy(s) of my old dogs medical records, Duke330xa. I took him to Tuy Hoa,Vietnam in Dec.1966 and handled him until July 1968. I remember you introducing me to Dr. Howard Hayes at the 1994 VDHA reunion in Washington,D.C.. After looking up my dogs name and serial #, he looked at me and asked me when the last time I had a major physical? I told that I the last one I had was when I seperated from the Air Force. He explained to me that when Duke died there was an autopsy done on Duke and he was found to be loaded with Agent Orange. He expressed a real concern about this and said that I should contact our family doctor about this.When I got home I mentioned this to the doctor and she said she was not familiar with Agent Orange. I remember a few years after I got out of the Air Force I had a sperm count test done and they told me then that I was 100% sterile and that my wife and I could not have children, so we adopted a baby girl. I'm now wondering if Agent Orange was a major contributor to this!
I'm trying very hard now to get into the V.A. and get checked out but it's not been very easy. The VET representative keeps insisting that I need to file PTSD claim instead. What I really need is authentication or proof that I may in fact have been exposed to Agent Orange because I went where ever that dog went. About 3 or 4 times Duke and I went off base on patrols with the South Koreans and the ARVONs. Is there any way you can help me out? I've got a lot of health issues and I really frustrated.
Thanks for your time,
Michael L. Warner

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Vietnam Dog Information -- Jon Hemp (Woof), 15:18:20 01/19/08 SatPST (71.110.218.97)

Tom n' Gang.
My dog was Sarge 46X4. I was at TSN from Aug 68 to Sep 69. I'm almost afraid to find out what you've got.

FNG

Jon Hemp

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.