VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Welcome to the Kenten.com message forum!

Subject: Something new

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:25:02 08/21/03 Thu

OK, I just have to put something new here because, everytime I look to see if there's something new here, I see that very stupid, insulting thing I put up a month ago and it brings back bad memories. So, let me say this instead:

I just read the results of Kenten's IQ test, and I'm too insecure to take the test myself, mainly because I don't want conclusive evidence that my best friend is smarter than me. I mean, suspecting it is one thing, but hard evidence will probably rock my feeble clerk world.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: IQ Test

Author:
Kenten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:29:00 08/22/03 Fri

Yeah, as far as I know, this is the first IQ test I've ever taken. Unless I took one when I was kid or something... I don't remember. Not that I put any real faith in IQ tests in general, especially a 40-question internet test.

But does this mean I get to join MENSA or whatever it's called? Or does doing comics automatically disqualify me...?

[> [> Subject: Re: IQ Test

Author:
jonny
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:11 06/16/04 Wed

John likes 400 but not 300; he likes 100 but not 99; he likes 3600 but not 3700. Which does he like?
what is the answer and why?? I think it is 1000 but not sure.

[> [> Subject: Re: IQ Test

Author:
Yuval
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:39:37 07/03/04 Sat

The answer is 990, because John likes number squares.
My iq is 132, and I am a member of the High Iq Society.

Subject: Going to Japan

Author:
Mark
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:01:36 09/24/03 Wed

OK, Kenten, you took this to the people, so I'm going to ask the people.

I, too, spent some time in Japan. My reason for going? My best friend was there and told me it was the place to be. Given where I was in my life, there was no point in arguing. Yeah, you might be thinking, "My best friend told me to," is rather weak, but look at it like this: he also said, "Get the hell out of that grocery store because it's swallowing your soul." Some times, peer pressure is a good thing.

But still, while I was over there, I ran into a lot of people like Kenten and myself where they just didn't see this as a road stop as they walked the Earth. There were people who had dedicated their whole lives to getting to Japan. Hell, every gaijin in head office was like that.

I don't know why, but the Japanese culture appeals to a certian psychographic. My whole time I was there, I just never got it. Why Japan? What is the appeal?

Face it, everyone who teaches English in Japan, or just any foreigner in Japan, has a story about why they chose Japan. I want to hear as many of those stories as I can. I just want to know why you thought Japan was the place to be.

So, if any of Kenten's fellow gaijin are reading this, or if you're just some guy who surfed on in, I want to hear your story. E-mail it to me!

Subject: Umm....

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:37:19 07/29/03 Tue

Umm, I'm sorry, but doesn't a man extolling his "minutes and minutes of pleasure" from a McDonald's basketball game, while at the same time claiming to boycott McDonald's, seem a little hypocritical? Did you stop to think of the free advertising you're giving McDonald's by putting up Ronald's picture on your website? I mean, what will be next?

"I was feeling very hungry the other day, so I went to KFC. I stood at the back and stared at the pictures on the menu for a while. Everything looked sooooooo delicious! Of course, I didn't buy anything."

"I was in a convenience store the other day when I saw a Coca Cola bottle. There are so many things you can do with a Coca Cola bottle. You can sketch it for a comic book. You can use it as a piece of a sculpture. Minutes and minutes of pleasure! Of course, I didn't buy it."

I only point this out because when I suggested a short story for my website entitle "12 Speeds to McDonald's," the author of this website immediatly shot down the idea, essentailly asking what the hell was wrong with me for wanting to give so much free advertising to McD on my website. When I pointed out the twist ending of my story (guy gets to McDonald's, proclaims it to be a crappy restaurant, leaves before buying anything, and goes to his favourite burger stand across the street), the author proclaimed that it wasn't enough, and I was still giving too much free advertising to McDonald's. So, I'm sorry, you're little tag, "Of course I didn't buy it," isn't enough to negate the free advertising your giving the evil empire.

And we all know, given the time between your journal entries, that picture is going to be up a lot longer than my short story would have been.

[> Subject: Re: Umm....

Author:
Kenten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:34:18 07/29/03 Tue

Oh, Mark, you're such a sensitive flower.

Anyway, mentioning McDonald's while in the midst of criticizing or mocking them is not advertising for them. But now that you mention it, I should add a link to why I hate McDonald's to that journal entry...

[> [> Subject: Re: Umm....

Author:
Trouble
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:05:04 07/30/03 Wed

In response to your question on the entry... I didn't even notice the "But of course, I didn't buy it" until it was pointed out on the forum. (I found the whole thing very odd for your website, since I know you're against McDonald's, and couldn't figure out why you had a pic of the mascot on your web journal.

The pictures are what draw the eye, not the words. I don't think I'd go so far to to say it's an ad for McDonald's, though.

Subject: Do you know what I miss?

Author:
Latios
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:04 05/31/03 Sat

Do you know what I miss? Ratsputin's Reviews! I mean, we know you're a busy guy with Under the Bed and all and deciding who you want to boycott today, but what happened to the good ol' fun loving Ratsputin? We don't even need a whole review! How about just a one-panel, Far Side style recreation of a scene from a recent hit movie featuring Ratsputin as the lead. C'mon, Spider-Ratsputin swining on a Worm-web! Ratsputin as Neo! Logan-Ratsputin doing battle with Bug-Deathstrike!

Hey this is funny stuff!

Isn't it?

[> Subject: Re: Do you know what I miss?

Author:
Curare
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:20:23 06/05/03 Thu

Yeah, man, there was a time when this site was cool, but now it's all "boycott this" and "anti that." Whatever happened to the art, man? I never though I'd see the day when Kenten sold out to the special interests. You think because he doesn't shop at any company with more than 3 emloyees, he'd have a lot of time to draw, but NOOOOOOOOO! He just sits on his computer all day making sure that those companies with less than 3 employees haven't fallen to the dark side.

FINISH THE MONKEY COMIC ALREADY! Yeah, the world is a dark, scary place, but have some fun with it, dude. Let go of your negativity.

[> [> Subject: Re: Do you know what I miss?

Author:
kenten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:01:57 06/08/03 Sun

"Yeah, man, there was a time when this site was cool, but now it's all "boycott this" and "anti that." Whatever happened to the art, man?"

Isn't the art still there? Please report dead links to webmaster@kenten.com.

"Yeah, the world is a dark, scary place, but have some fun with it, dude. Let go of your negativity."

Part of the fun I am having is called UNDER THE BED, a 200+ page original graphic novel i am busily working on.

Meanwhile, check out all of the things I'm against AND 'FOR' at kenten.com, as well as the previous comics work.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Do you know what I miss?

Author:
Grimlock
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:54:13 06/20/03 Fri

Yeah, but, dude, we don't SEE any of that. All we see is I'M FOR and I'M AGAINST. Is there art there? Are you still working on art? The web is riddled with "Coming Soon!" pages. Don't be another one.

Author:
JIggles
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:49:47 06/11/03 Wed

You guys all need to get a life. Geez, there's more to life than art. Who cares about some little comic strip? Kenten is trying to CHANGE THE WORLD you nimrods, and all you can do is whine about how all the comic strips are old and the art is gone. I applaud you, Kenten. It takes real balls to turn your back on your art and devote your life to your faith. Or, anti-faith, in this case.

Author:
Rav
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:34:11 06/29/03 Sun

Geez, you guys are losers. Stop harrasing Kenten. He's got a world to save.

Subject: Happy birthday Kenten!

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:24:31 04/01/03 Tue

Note: Just because it's tradition. But, let's try something different this year....

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

It is a time of unrest in the galaxy. The slaughter of the Jedi Knights is complete, and Anakin Skywalker, now the sith lord DARTH VADER, rules with an iron fist. Obi-Wan Kenobi flew his Jedi Starfighter away from Tatooine. He left Anakin's infant son, Luke, with his only known family. The hope was that Luke would grow up to become a Jedi, and thus depose his father from power. But, in his dying breath, MADE WINDU entrusted Obi-Wan with a back up plan. Obi-Wan set course for Kamino.

On this planet of cloners, Obi-Wan presented the Kaminoans with samples of DNA. This DNA came from the bodies of the mightiest, noblest, and purest of Jedi Knights. The hope was that the Kaminoans could combine this DNA and create an ultimate Jedi Knight. This project was dubbed "the project to create and Knight of Excellence and Nobility," or Project KEN.

The Kaminoans began the project in earnest. Using the latest in their cloning techniques, they soon produced KEN-1, but there were flaws in the clone. He 11 toes: 4 on his left foot and 7 on his right. Knowing that such a flaw would never do, the Kaminoans set out again.

KEN-2 had an affiniation for light sockets and soon electrocuted himself.

KEN-3 suffered from explosive flatulance.

KEN-4 couldn't stop muttering things about "The One Ring" and soon departed on "a quest for Mordor."

KEN-5 built himself out a beautiful girlfriend out of old socks and dental floss.

KEN-6 went off to help Ash, Misty and Tracy in their quest to rescue Ratsputin from Team Rocket.

KEN-7 couldn't stop playing with his lightsaber, if you know what I mean.

KEN-8 was soon executed for crimes against the universe when he pitched his idea for a film he called "Showgirls 2."

And let's just pretend KEN-9 never existed, OK?

Finally, out of the maturation chamber popped...KEN-10. It seemed that, at long last, the Kaminoans had succeeded. But, before they could begin the Jedi-training program, the Emperor learned of the project. The stormtroopers were sent in to raze Kamino and destroy all existence of the KEN project. But, one lone Kaminoan knew that KEN-10 had to be saved. He placed the infant KEN-10 in suspended animation, and just fired him off in a random direction, hoping that the Force would watch after this young one.

Eons passed. The ship carrying KEN-10 soon left the galaxy, flying towards parts unknown. It soon entered a new galaxy, and was drawn into the gravity of typical yellow star. It rocketed down towards the thrid planet orbiting this star, and landed with a dull thud in the town of Kingman.

The landing deactivated the stasis field. The infant began to cry. This alerted the simple farming family who lived nearby, and they investigated. They found the ship, and the infant inside. They had no clue as to its origins. All they knew was the child's name, inscribed inside the spacecraft:

"KENTEN."

And thus, they decided to raise the child as their own, yadda yadda yadda, insatiaible comic fiend, yadda yadda yadda, saviour of humanity.

The end.

Subject: Chomsky

Author:
The Unemployed Phantom ___ _______
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:06:57 03/02/03 Sun

Hey Kenten,
Do you have any Chomsky books that I can borrow? I`m heading to the library wednesday to see if they have any, but I`m unsure of my chances.

By the way, this site is excellent.

TUPAS

[> Subject: Re: Chomsky

Author:
Kenten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:31:51 03/03/03 Mon

Oh yes, Phantom, I have Understanding Power which you can borrow the second Julie is finished with it. ("I'll try to finish it quickly," she says.)

Maybe I should post a library page, so those in the same city as me can see what they can borrow from the Kenten Library... Thanks for the idea, Phantom!

Subject: gap train

Author:
Vince
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:26:02 02/23/03 Sun

Yukari and I didn't see the Gap train until yesterday. I was just amazed... I would love to put some sort of advertisement for myself on an entire train. Wow... I didn't notice that they got the outside too. Actually, I guess I am a little slow because at first I was looking at a couple of ads and thinking, "wow, those models sure go the extra length to try and look all weird in those normal looking clothes" and then I noticed that the ads were all for Gap. Then I realized the whole car that I was in had only Gap ads. So I mentioned it to Yukari, who said, "Yeah, the whole train is full of Gap ads." So that's how I finally noticed it. But I didn't notice that Gap was also advertised on the outside of the train until I saw your commentary on it... wow, am I slow.

They must have tons of money to do something like that. I want tons of money too....

vince

Subject: GAP train & other companies

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:52:39 02/15/03 Sat

Just saw your article about the GAP train. I feel the need to point out that, as I was coming back from Tokyo the other day, my train actually passed...an AEON train. Same thing, only for the AEON English school.

glory to the company

Subject: I must

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:16:29 12/26/02 Thu

I just have to put something here because I`m sick of seeing that spam for that comic strip being at the top.

[> Subject: Spam?

Author:
Kenten
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:37 12/26/02 Thu

Spam? SPAM? I love that comic strip! That's why I let it sit there! My Nre Fighting Technique is a work of genius!

Subject: www.mnftiu.cc

Author:
Tim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:49:07 04/16/02 Tue

Hey, I just followed Vince's reccommendation to visit www.mnftiu.cc and laughed my ass off! Go check it out!

Here's a sample:

Subject: Hi.

Author:
Aaron Holmes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:31:33 10/05/02 Sat

Hey kenten. The site looks sweet.

As it happens Today is my birthday and I stumbled upon the Skeletor Job Hunt. It was totally apropriate.

Keep up the cool stuff, and all of the self promotion.

Take care bud.

Later.

Aaron.

Subject: Debate

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:25:27 09/22/02 Sun

So, let`s get some insightful debate going. How about that monkey comic? Was that surreal or what? With the whole egg/embryo/2001 dream sequence thingy. I thought it was cool. Thoughts? Opinions?

Subject: the Monkey Comic!

Author:
Scarecrow
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:48:54 06/04/02 Tue

What better way to have fun with a more powerful computer than to use its full resources to FINALLY read all of the monkey comic?

And, if I may be so bold Kenten, you may complain about drawing with a mouse, but you pull it off beautifully! I love that whole midsection with the phoenix/firebird/aviary deity, there. Way to get metaphysical! I loved it!

And who would have thought the monkey would turn murderous? My o my. You did make mention of a tiger being on the way, so I'm wondering if the monkey meets up with some really bad karma.... What did one of my friends once tell me? There's a philosophy in witchcraft that applies here: "What goes around comes around 3 fold." Just..ahh! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Great work!

Subject: i like fish

Author:
vince
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:29:27 03/19/02 Tue

...saw the mention to me in your journal. Where do you get off telling people that I exist, when you know I am just a little naked oil-troll that lives inside your ear?

Seriously, thanks. Also thanks for introducing me to http://mnftiu.cc/

I checked out some more comics on that site and sent the URL to some friends. What a hilarious site!

Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2]34 ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.