VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

Miss Philippines Beyond 2015: The Ultimate Philippine Pageant Messageboard of the New Millenium!
Brought to you by Miss Philippines Beyond 2015 and Heimlich of Maryland, U.S.A.

A JOURNEY THROUGH SPACE AND TIME
COME AND EXPLORE THE MANY WORLDS OF

Miss Philippines Beyond 2015

Bridging the gap from the past to the present to the future.
Your gateway to the finest moments in Philippine pageant history!

Jamie Herrell
Miss Earth 2014

Angeli Dione Gomez
Miss Tourism International 2013

Mutya Datul
Miss Supranational 2013

Bea Rose Santiago
Miss International 2013

Megan Young
Miss World 2013

Miss Philippines Beyond 2015

The Miss Philippines Beyond 2015 Messageboard is an independent forum on filipina beauty queens.
This messageboard reflects the unbiased opinions of its webmaster, pageant fans, and visitors.
The forum is in no way affiliated with any Philippine or U.S. based organization.

Come and explore the many exciting worlds of Miss Philippines!
Moving forward from her rich cultural heritage.
Getting better with the passage of time.

Age old traditions combined beautifully with today's changing trends.
Miss Philippines is the essence of the filipina in the new millenium.
Confidence, grace and charm truly at its very best.

COME AND GET TO KNOW MISS PHILIPPINES.
SHE IS THE FILIPINA OF THE NEW MILLENIUM

Filipina Essence

Filipina warmth, beauty and hospitality at its very best.
Your gateway to the finest moments in Philippine pageant history!

Subject: VA VA VOOM! VA VA VOOM!

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:46:06 12/18/14 Thu

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Subject: MJ's Send Off

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:00:57 12/18/14 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Fashion News Fashion News

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:22:35 12/17/14 Wed

Model: BEA ROSE SANTIAGO
Designer: LEO ALMODAL

This gown is just DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies:

Subject: Oh Puh-leeze! Another HOAX!

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:58:02 12/17/14 Wed

Oh puhleeze! I picked this up from one of them boards out there. People are not so stupid. On the other hand, medyo maganda yata. The picture screams HOAX, but it is one of those hoaxes I wished was TRUE.

Subject: Mary Jean Moments Mary Jean Moments

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:40:59 12/17/14 Wed

Replies:

Subject: Beauty Bites Beauty Bites

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:33:28 12/17/14 Wed

Subject: Soraya Hassani

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:43 12/16/14 Tue

Soraya Hassani , Ms. Diversity Int'l 2014 1st runner up from the Philippines. She is sooooo pretty! Of Flipina-Iranian heritage, she reminds me of Miss India World 2014. WOWWWWWW! I like her!

Subject: Potential Queen Potential Queen

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:36:34 12/16/14 Tue

Please PIA give pageants another chance. I say MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES! Enough of Binibini for you. Baka ilagay ka lang sa Miss Carne Norte International or Miss Sukang Paombong Interuniverse. You deserve MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES!!!!

Replies:

Subject: Miss World to Ditch Swimsuit Competition in 2015

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:32:19 12/16/14 Tue

In 1951, 26 women dressed themselves in bikinis and floated down the River Thames on a barge—at least one was wearing a suit made entirely of spotted mink. It was a publicity stunt fabricated by an enterprising man named Eric Morley, as an attempt to raise both money and morale following the devastation of World War II. When the press heard that the most beautiful women in the world had gathered in their swimwear—something completely unheard of at that time in England—they flocked to witness such an extravaganza and the Miss World competition was born.

Last night, the 64th Miss World, Rolene Strauss of South Africa, was crowned winner. While she is undoubtedly beautiful, as are each of the 121 international representatives she competed against, the pageant’s purpose is vastly different than it was during its inception 63 years ago. In addition to four optional competitions in talent, fashion runway, swimwear, and athletics, Strauss was judged on an in-depth interview, a service project dedicated to keeping girls in school, and her academic record. (To wit: the 22-year-old is a fourth-year medical student.) Miss Strauss will also hold a unique place in the history of the pageant: She will be the last winner to participate in a Miss World competition that includes a swimsuit competition. In a private meeting on Friday, Julia Morley, the chairwoman of Miss World (she assumed the role following the death of her husband in 2000), announced to the international directors that the bikini portion will be eliminated entirely beginning in 2015.

"I really don’t want—I don’t need to see women just walking up and down in bikinis. It doesn't do anything for the woman. And it doesn’t do anything for any of us," Mrs. Morley, 74, tells me as we watch a sing-off between Miss Malaysia and Miss Scotland during a dress rehearsal at the ICC Auditorium in the heart of London's Royal Docks. "I don’t care if someone has a bottom two inches bigger than someone else's. We are really not looking at her bottom. We are really listening to her speak."

For contrast, The Miss Universe pageant, which is owned by Donald Trump and was founded the year after Miss World, places a strong emphasis on the swimsuit element of the pageant. And, unlike Miss World, it does not include an interview or a service element. According to Mrs. Morley, following the death of her husband, Mr. Trump phoned: "So little lady," he asked. "Are you ready to throw in the towel?" It was then that she decided to take out a $5 million loan to keep the company afloat. "They are not little girls," she says. "This is what I want to get away from. This sort of 'cute' image. No offense to Mr. Trump."

There is an established belief, especially from the feminist left, that beauty pageants are a superficial and patriarchal forum. Following the first wave of the feminist revolution in 1968—when Bob Hope asked a swimsuit-clad pageant contest to turn around so he could observe her from behind—400 women protested outside the Miss America pageant holding signs with messages that read, 'Cattle parades are degrading to human beings,' and 'We are not beautiful, we are not ugly, we are angry.' The sentiment existed in Britain too, and from 1988 until 2011 (23 years), pageants were not broadcast on primetime television in the UK. For the last three years, however, the spectacles have resurfaced as a cultural juggernaut: Yesterday's Miss World competition was hosted by E! and was reportedly watched by over one billion viewers worldwide. Instead of throngs of protestors, the event was attended by a well-dressed and worldly crowd proudly waving their national flags.

"We’ve evolved so much. The real problem is trying to get Britain to understand they are 20 years behind when they think, 'Oh, bikinis. Oh, Miss World.' They never want to understand us because we are a good [agenda] item for their promotion,' Mrs. Morley says of a group she calls "women's libbers."

In 1951, the simple idea of putting a woman in a bikini on-stage shocked the world. And by the following year, two countries threatened to pull out of the pageant, citing immodesty. So the format changed: The swimsuit became a single segment of the competition, winners were crowned wearing a gown, and the interview portion of the event was introduced. In 1974, Mrs. Morley began Beauty with a Purpose, the service element of Miss World, which has helped to divert attention away from the external, physical side of the competition and raised over $1 billion for charity. In recent years, the bathing suit competition has been held prior to the finale, and judged privately by a modesty panel rather than during the live broadcast. Most women opt to wear one-piece suits or to wrap scarf around their waist. "We don't want to just make them feel like they are walking bodies, you know?" Mrs. Morley says.

In an age where seeing women's bodies in states of undress—on billboards, in commercials, in magazine ads—has become common place, it's nearly more shocking not to display women’s bodies on television than to reveal them. Mrs. Morley is making a pioneering move for the industry and one that may encourage others in the industry—and the public at large—to consider what modern pageantry could mean when the bikini, and the body, are removed from the equation of how women are judged.

Source: http://www.elle.com/news/lifestyle/miss-world-2014-bikini-competition?click=next

Criteria in looking for next year's MISS WORLD PHILIPPINES:

1) Beauty
2) Beauty With A Purpose
3) Beauty With Brains
4) Beauty Who Can Talk
5) Beauty Who Has Class

It's all about who can talk, talk, talk like MEGAN!!! Enough said!

Subject: Why? Why? Why?

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:24:48 12/16/14 Tue

Why???? Why???? Why only now wear this beautiful gown???? Why??????? Waaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! Though I did like her yellow gown but this looks so much betterrrr!!!! Ara you are DIVINE!!!

Subject: A National Costume To Die For!!!

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:00:19 12/14/14 Sun

Replies:

Subject: Next Stop: Miss Universe 2014/2015

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:57 12/14/14 Sun

Coming up soon - Miss Universe 2014/2015 in Florida! Just a few more weeks and it is Miss Universe season again!

Replies:

Subject: Thank You, Valerie!!!

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:42:22 12/14/14 Sun

Who said we are having a bad year?

Miss Earth 2014
2nd Runner-Up at Miss Intercontinental
Semi-finalist at Miss Supranational
Top 25 at Miss World

And....Miss Universe is still coming up! Instead of saying the glass is half-empty, why not say the glass is half full? What we have done as a nation are for other countries just a dream! We cannot win the major title year after year. Let us all be thankful that we are still going strong.

Replies:

Subject: Miss South Africa is the New MISS WORLD

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:25 12/14/14 Sun

Miss South Africa is the new Miss World! First Runner-up is Miss Hungary and Second Runner-up is Miss USA. I am very happy with the winner. She deserves it! Congratulations to Miss Philippines Valerie Weigmann for making it to the TOP 25! Miss World is probably one of the most unpredictable pageants of them all. Miss India was clearly in the lead and all of a sudden NOT even in the top five???? What was that all about????? See you all next year in Sun City perhaps????

Replies:

Subject: Fashion Focus Fashion Focus

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:07:22 12/11/14 Thu

Fashion by FANNY SERRANO. Wouldn't it be fabulosity to see this as a national costume for MISS PHILIPPINES at MISS UNIVERSE??? The 'BLACK STARFISH?'

Subject: Toon Time

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:03:31 12/11/14 Thu

Subject: WTF ????????????????

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:23:44 12/11/14 Thu

Miss India Ruhi Singh was crowned at a press conference today at Beirut Lebanon for the year 2014!

Ruhi Singh of India is Miss Universal Peace & Humanity 2014.
Her runners up are Australia (Rebecca Boggiano)and Palestine (Sofia Alkhadra).

The WTF MOMENT: No pageant actually took place. It was just like an ordinary casting call where they shortlisted ten ladies (I cannot even confirm if our supposed bet made it to the group) flown in to Lebanon for the Press Conference and voila! Ruhi Singh was suddenly named winner with Australia’s Rebecca Boggiano and Palestine’s Sofia Alkhadra as runners-up.

The organizers quipped that “WE CHOSE WRONG COUNTRIES FOR OUR PAGEANT, THEY ARE MAKING JUST PROBLEMS , PRAY WE CAN HAVE IT ON THE TIME…………………………MUPHO” followed by “TOP TEN (10) GIRLS BEEN SELECTED TO COME TO LEBANON, FINALLY WE ARE HEADING TOWARDS OUR DREAM OF BEST PAGEANT IN THE WORLD……..MUPHO“

If there is such a thing as STUPIDITY IN PAGEANTS, this has got to be it. O siya, maghagilap kayo ng mga babae sa Cubao. Ay we saw 200 salesladies sa SHOEMART, AND ALI MALL. O ikaw Josefel, Mariena, Perfilynda, Rubytussin, Medykoll, Papsmeer, Gilrheyaa, Dinakmha, Kendikeyn, at ikaw Seldayn ten finalists kayo report sa Araneta for Binibini 2015.

JUSKOPO, JUSKOPO, JUSKOPO.

Replies:

Subject: Tiffany and Yvethe

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:10:28 12/11/14 Thu

If I had my way, I will send Tiffany to MISS UNIVERSE next year and Yvethe to MISS WORLD. That is, if I had my way. So sad such GORGEOUS LADIES had to settle for second rate pageants like MISS INTERCONTINENTAL AND MISS SUPRA. I say second rate because I only consider 4 pageants to be first rate: MISS UNIVERSE, MISS WORLD, MISS INTERNATIONAL AND MISS EARTH. All others are classified as 'B' and some of these B rate pageants even have dubious and shady politics.

Subject: HOY READ KAYO NANG MANIWALA!

Author:
Garuda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:23:12 12/09/14 Tue

http://www.sashfactor.info/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10963

LABAS NA ANG EBIDENSYA!

Replies:

Subject: Beauty Bites Beauty Bites

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:53:12 12/08/14 Mon

Subject: AY ETO ANG PRUWEBA

Author:
MGA BAKLANG MANDARAYA!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:28:48 12/05/14 Fri

HOY TITA HEIMLICH ETO FO ANG FRUWEVA ANG BAKLITANG PAWWE KASAMA ANG KANYANG MGA ALEEFORES WITH THE OWNERS OF MISS GRAND INTERNATIONAL AND MISS SUPRA NAATIONAL.......... ANO FA NAMAN VA ANG GUSTO NYONG EBEDENSSS HA AVEERRRRR

Replies:

Subject: Yvethe Moments Yvethe Moments

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:13:32 12/05/14 Fri

Yvethe made it to the TOP 20 at the recently concluded MISS SUPRANATIONAL. The winner is from INDIA, with THAILAND as the first runner-up. I think the Philippines is doing well this year. Miss Earth 2014, Second runner-up at Miss Intercontinental 2014, and a semi-finalist at Miss Supranational 2014. We have to realize that we CANNOT win all the crowns year after year after year! It is not over yet - MISS WORLD and MISS UNIVERSE are still on the horizon. Who knows what tomorrow will bring? CONGRATULATIONS Yvethe, you did an excellent job. I AM NOT going to ride with the current conspiracy theories going around. After all, these are PAGEANTS, and you cannot win 'em all! You win some, you lose some. Let us all just enjoy the ride! But this I just gotta say, one look at JAMIE, TIFFANY, and YVETHE, I knew they were not going to go home empty handed. CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!!

Replies:
  • (NT) -- hEiM, 19:12:15 12/05/14 Fri

Subject: MISS SUPRANATIONAL UPDATE

Author:
Fanatic
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:21:56 12/05/14 Fri

Top 10 Update: USA, Myanmar, Czech Republic, Puerto Rico, Spain, Thailand, Colombia, Gabon, India & Poland

Philippines only made it to Top 20

Subject: Ready To Conquer The Universe

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:30:19 12/04/14 Thu

Replies:

Subject: Tiffany Moments Tiffany Moments

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:27:19 12/04/14 Thu

the results are in...

MISS INTERCONTINENTAL is MISS THAILAND
FIRST RUNNER-UP is MISS CUBA
SECOND RUNNER-UP is MISS PHILIPPINES

CONGRATULATIONS KRIS JANSON!!!!

Replies:

Subject: TOO MUCH BOTOX??????????

Author:
Garuda
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:45:54 12/01/14 Mon

THE RESULT OF TOO MUCH BOTOX? WHAT HAPPENED? CARY SANTIAGO AND GRETCHEN BARRETTO BOTH WITH SMOOTH FACES. CONE ON, WHERE ARE THE WRINKLES? JOAN RIVERS HAS HER FOLOWERS NO?

Replies:

Subject: The World of Valerie

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:00:31 11/30/14 Sun

Beautiful white Terno! So pure, so immaculate, so FILIPINA ESSENCE! What an excellent national costume....so light years ahead of that beaded Terno Yvethe was condemned to wear!

Replies:

Subject: Yvethe Moments Yvethe Moments

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:12:28 11/30/14 Sun

Replies:

Subject: Miss Philippines is MISS EARTH 2014

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:18:43 11/29/14 Sat

Congratulations Jamie Herell! You deserve it! I knew it!!!

MISS EARTH 2014 is PHILIPPINES, Jamie Herrell
Miss Air: USA, Andrea Neu
Miss Water: VENEZUELA, Maira Alexandra Rodríguez
Miss Fire: RUSSIA, Anastasia Trusova

Replies:

Subject: Valerie Weigmann in Michael Cinco

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:29 11/28/14 Fri

What can I say? FABULOUS!!!

Subject: MJ Lastimosa Miss Universe Philippines

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:10:07 11/28/14 Fri

Can MJ wear this red evening gown at MISS UNIVERSE please? This Almodal gown is light years ahead of Basura de Barazza.

Replies:

Subject: National Costume Beauty Watch

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:09 11/28/14 Fri

Kris Janson in national costume at MISS INTERCONTINENTAL 2014. Not bad! Really not bad! Love the gold, royal, Muslim princess look. Kris is beautiful and can get away with anything. I hope she brings home the crown!!!

Subject: ITO ANG NATIONAL COSTUME....

Author:
lito_mora
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:07:25 11/27/14 Thu

Replies:

Subject: The World of Valerie

Author:
hEiM
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:25 11/23/14 Sun

Valerie's national costume for DANCES OF THE WORLD. Yay or nay???

Replies:

Subject: Valerie Watch Valerie Watch

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:09:34 11/20/14 Thu

Subject: Yvethe Santiago Yvethe Santiago

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:16:47 11/18/14 Tue

Replies:

Subject: Miss Earth Candidates

Author:
WOW!
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:21:20 11/17/14 Mon

THE CALIBER OF CONTESTANTS AT MISS EARTH IS GETTING BETTER!

Subject: MJ Lastimosa Latest Look

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:59 11/15/14 Sat

MJ's latest look. Lovinnnn it! Why???? LESS IS MORE!!!! Enough said!

Replies:

Subject: Miss International 2014 - PUERTO RICO - Valerie Hernandez

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:05 11/11/14 Tue

Replies:

Subject: OH ANO NG NANGYARI SA MISS PELIPENS NATIN SA MESS INTERNAYSIONAL? ANY WORD?

Author:
KOO KOO MARRQUES
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:25:24 11/11/14 Tue

WHO WON?

Replies:

Subject: The Beauty That Is BIANCA GUIDOTTI

Author:
hEiMLiCh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:48:40 10/23/14 Thu

Replies:

Archives: 12345678910 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Post Password:
Keep password cookie for 24 hours

* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

The "Beyonders" are the permanent members of the Miss Philippines Beyond 2014 team.
They are true pageant lovers, honest to the bone, and passionate in what they do.
They may all disagree, but at the end of the day, they just laugh about it!

LinksLinksLinksLinksLinksLinksLinks

Reinas Colombianas Latinas Miss Venezuela Messageboard

Miss Megan Young
Miss World 2013

Don't hesitate to contact me at
johnheimlich@mail.com
For more personal and sensitive matters,
It is best that you send me an email instead.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.