VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]3456 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:17:15 09/08/14 Mon
Author: 1360'ER
Subject: Re: Jack Wheeler on KDKA
In reply to: 37 to 6 's message, "Re: Jack Wheeler on KDKA" on 22:40:19 09/03/14 Wed

After WEEP Wheeler came to 1360 WIXZ McKeesport where I worked part time.
Jack gave all his MINIMUM WAGE producers a hard time about anything and everything, from his coffee not being hot enough, to their private sexual preferences. We heard that KDKA ran out of people who would work for him...hence no producers. From my experience they were right.
A young guy who did excellent production work at 1360 made the mistake of telling
Jack he was gay.
Wheeler rode the kid so bad for weeks on end he wound up quitting in the middle of Jacks morning show as I recall.This was in the early to mid 70's, and gay bashing wasn't as frowned on as it is today.
Everybody in the joint hated him for that...but it was just Jack . He really believed he was a "star"!
I personally had no use for him after his clas less ness reared it's ugly head

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.