VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:28:58 06/20/16 Mon
Author: O. Vern Herd
Subject: Biertempfel out at TTM?

Ears to the ground inside the Clark Building saying Biertempfel soon to be out on the Pirate beat and Travis Sawchick in. I can't say I'm exactly shocked since Rob has been on the beat for about a hundred years and still hasn't done a worthwhile thing in his career. However I guess I am always surprised that anyone at TTM has the stones to do anything to make their product better. Good luck Travis! You da man!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Uh..., 10:26:30 06/20/16 Mon [1]

Sawchik is already in. Has been for a couple years now. He and Biertempfel are both on it. I think Andrew Erickson fills in occasionally, too.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Uh Uh, 15:30:39 06/20/16 Mon [1]

I think the salient point would be that -- if the post is accurate -- Biertempfel would NOT be covering baseball after spending a long time on the beat.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Tom Tom Mob, 20:24:28 06/26/16 Sun [1]

Yeah this is it. I heard the same. He's out. I don't think he's fired but it's Travis's beat now.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Wreck Monty, 07:13:12 06/28/16 Tue [1]

Heard what? From where?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Arky V., 17:19:16 06/21/16 Tue [1]

If true it could be interesting. Clint Hurdle can't stand Sawchik.

BTW I also hear that Brink has told the P-G this will be his last year on the baseball beat.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- P.I. Traynor, 22:13:16 06/21/16 Tue [1]

Yeah but Sawchick at least comes up with original material that gets people talking and Bierrtempfl hasn't done that since nineteen-o-never. I'm sure that's what's happening or at least what the editors are thinking. I think it's the right move and it probably should've been made a long time ago.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Ed E. Torial, 07:22:31 06/22/16 Wed [1]

Clint Hurdle doesn't like Sawchik??? Patently FALSE!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- LOL-aurie, 19:13:23 06/22/16 Wed [1]

Tell yourself what you want. From what I heard the skipper has been surly all year long. Why would Sawchick be an exception?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: No Tribune at all star game -- Toe Knee Gwynn, 22:12:01 07/13/16 Wed [1]

I couldn't help but notice that the Tribune wasn't at the all star game is San Diego and the P-G was. Does Biertempfel being off the beat have anything to do with this? Maybe the plane ticket was in his name? Or is the Tribune no longer "part of the team"? Inquiring minds!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: No Tribune at all star game -- Media Man, 08:29:38 07/14/16 Thu [1]

If you are paying attention, you will see see that Biertempfel is not off the pirates beat. The Trib still enjoys its exclusive partnership with the Pirates as well. In your haste to to garner some attention, you overlooked these two facts that are easily researched.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: No Tribune at all star game -- Jim Reaper, 17:57:59 07/15/16 Fri [1]

Yeah ya know, come to think of it, you're right. It's better to not cover something than to cover it. Where do I subscribe?!!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: No Tribune at all star game -- Grassy knoll, 10:22:59 07/14/16 Thu [1]

He's not off the beat. He's still covering the Pirates.
The plane ticket scenario is simply bizarre.
Maybe The Trib wisely decided that it wasn't a good use of resources and money to go to the All-Star Game, when the Pirates didn't have a dominating presence.
There was nothing there that The Trib could have provided that I didn't get anywhere else.
The P-G coverage didn't blow me away. They used Getty Images, didn't send a photographer.
And, ironically, Gene Collier wrote a column about how the All-Star game, essentially, sucks and needs a revamp.
So, no, I don't think The Trib missed much by not sending someone.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: No Tribune at all star game -- Slippin' Jack, 18:59:29 07/17/16 Sun [1]

Sending someone to the ASG was a waste of money, especially with it being across the country. I don't see the point in wasting resources, especially if you're a newspaper.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Biertempfel out at TTM? -- Confused, 23:56:56 07/31/16 Sun [1]

No idea who he is but it sure sounds like they'll all be out soon enough. Why pick out just one guy nobody ever heard of.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.