VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:18:30 08/15/16 Mon
Author: Jeff
Subject: Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports
In reply to: rex peatram 's message, "DK Pittsburgh Sports" on 08:52:10 08/14/16 Sun

Agree with almost all of this. I subscribed, essentially, to read DK on the Steelers. I really liked Coolong as well, indeed I still read most of his stuff, but I worry that by the end of this season, the site will be so little of DK-Steelers that it wont be worth renewing.

I absolutely have no desire to read the Olympic columns. I'm sure it's a great little trip for him, getting to see Rio, but I'd be much happier if it were him at Latrobe giving me reports on what is going on with preseason.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- rex peatram (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc...), 20:28:47 08/15/16 Mon [1]

Maybe this should be on a separate thread, but directed at y'all, especially you who goes by "REALLY?" above, If there was an alternative for good / critical Pgh sports coverage, I would like to know. Anyone? I am open! Let's hear it...(Ron Cook?!) Am I missing someone, because I would like to enjoy some good sports opinion scribble.

I think most of us agree that he is a good writer.

And, I don't really care that he is disliked, thin-skinned, prickly, whatever. (It does distract when he is so UBER defensive in comments!) But, I also don't care for Mick Jagger or Ben Roethlisberger either, but I can admire their work (and cheer them on, as long as I don't need to hug them). Is that what psychology calls "compartmentalization" ? I can't remember, but it sounds good.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- The Reality?, 05:09:03 08/16/16 Tue [1]

I think the DK Kool-Aid drinkers, like their hero, are very sensitive to any criticism here and the implication is someone is "encouraging" defenders to come over here and plead his case since DK and friends appear to be so utterly insecure.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports -- REALLY?, 12:32:48 08/16/16 Tue [1]

Some people are just uncritical. They're happy with anything and don't care how something is run. It's like those who say a mediocre newspaper is better than none. We're supposed to be lucky to have two mediocre papers. Some would say that. Same applies to DK and of course, to his ego.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.